• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreams Announcement Tomorrow 20th Feb

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
unknown-25.png

OK ... so you're asking yourself why has Gribble made a separate thread for this and not just posted it in his streams thread as usual? The answer is because, just like they did with the beta announcement, they're playing coy with what it is. In other words, it's going to be BIG news. Perhaps a release date, PSVR news or open beta date. Be there:

The stream will be on Twitch at the usual time of 5pm GMT:

Last edited:
wow - even Messi is stoked for Dreams

im guessing an open beta or spring/summer release date. maybe sony will use it to fill in fall/holiday schedule but i dont think so.

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
GribbleGrunger GribbleGrunger New thread for new news. Seems fine.

I'm guessing release date.

I'm hoping for an open beta more than anything. I've dried up on content for my channel and desperately need more footage or all my hard work to get the God Damn Youtube algorithm working in my favour is going to go to nothing. It's already recommending me less because I can only put out shorter form vids. I NEED THAT BETA NOW!

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Actually, you know what, they didn't mention a stream so this might just be an announcement without a stream. I hope not but I'd take it.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
this going down at noon est?

I'd assumed it was going to be a stream so thought 5pm GMT but now I think about it, they didn't mention a stream and haven't promoted one on Twitter yet. I'm wondering if it's going to be an official announcement through Playstation's Youtube channel and Blog. That could come at any time.

I'd assumed it was going to be a stream so thought 5pm GMT but now I think about it, they didn't mention a stream and haven't promoted one on Twitter yet. I'm wondering if it's going to be an official announcement through Playstation's Youtube channel and Blog. That could come at any time.

eek! the anticipation is killing me. i love when things can drop whenever. if they tweet a time we'll have a clearer picture of the type of announcement i guess

Psykodad

Banned
Imagine a suprise release today.
Or a surprise open beta today.

Or crushed dreams...

I'm at the dentist atm, waiting for them to pull out a broken tooth.
I really need some good news today to ease my suffering.

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

At this point I would rather wait for the PS5 version.
They can just patch it for full ps5 support, and reduced limitations on dreams created on ps5 (better hw + more mem). If you can sell a game to potential 90m users + 5m (or whatever ps5 sells at launch), you won't limit your sales to just the PS5 install base. Like before with the Ps4, nearly all Y1 ps5 games will be cross-gen titles.

julio_grr

So probably just the release date. Maybe an announce trailer on the PlayStation youtube.

Last edited:

KiteGr

They can just patch it for full ps5 support, and reduced limitations on dreams created on ps5 (better hw + more mem). If you can sell a game to potential 90m users + 5m (or whatever ps5 sells at launch), you won't limit your sales to just the PS5 install base. Like before with the Ps4, nearly all Y1 ps5 games will be cross-gen titles.
I rarely see games that are forwards compatible, and when I do, they are usually some cross-buy trick on the store. I only buy retail and I can't make use of that.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Things are hotting up. MM are active on Twitter and three are in the Discord channel. It's CLOSE!

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say open beta starting in March, release in May. Quite excited regardless!

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I feel like I should buy this and sloooooowly build my dream game over the next year. I really feel like I'm too old to go to school for game design and then get into the industry, then get to the point where I would be creative director so I could fulfill this one dream.

Need to win the lottery...buy a studio and tell them to make my dream game.

Top Bottom