• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreams Beta Possibly Coming Today

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
OK, so this is out of the blue and no one can say this tweet isn't hinting at something big. It's either the beta or the date for the beta. For that reason, I think it deserves it's own thread:

Last edited:
Hopefully this is open to anyone to join. I created a crapton of LBP and LBP2 levels. Can't wait to dig into the tools for myself and try things out.

You have any particular plans for stuff to make GribbleGrunger GribbleGrunger ? I know you've been watching the game pretty faithfully since it was announced.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Hopefully this is open to anyone to join. I created a crapton of LBP and LBP2 levels. Can't wait to dig into the tools for myself and try things out.

You have any particular plans for stuff to make GribbleGrunger GribbleGrunger ? I know you've been watching the game pretty faithfully since it was announced.

Yeah, I'm going to be making some short vids for my Youtube channel at first, just exploring the tools and then creating animations, which are going to be my main focus going forward.

Nice. I read that it will be much easier to share and use individual "pieces" created by other players, as opposed to having to play their level and grab the Bubble containing the object. That should make things grow a lot faster.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Nice. I read that it will be much easier to share and use individual "pieces" created by other players, as opposed to having to play their level and grab the Bubble containing the object. That should make things grow a lot faster.

The bubbles are still there if you want to use them. MM are using them in their campaign. I suppose that's if someone just wants to give certain parts of their creations away or just wants to be able to create incentives for a challenging game. PSN store updates at 6pm by the way. This is NO coincidence.

Grinchy

Banned
I really hope to get into this beta. I played the LBP beta more than many full games.

My levels never took off, but I loved making hoverboard levels in LBP where you controlled the board by moving your character around on it to change the weight distribution. It was like a physics-based hoverboard and the levels had challenges in them to get to the next area.

I really hope to get into this beta. I played the LBP beta more than many full games.

My levels never took off, but I loved making hoverboard levels in LBP where you controlled the board by moving your character around on it to change the weight distribution. It was like a physics-based hoverboard and the levels had challenges in them to get to the next area.
That sounds fun! I was more on the side of making song-based levels.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

I've been saying for a long time now that this isn't what you would normally consider a beta but rather early access. I believe we're more or less going to get the finished toolset and the only reason for the beta is to generate content for the service. That content also needs to contain 'quality' so I'm also guessing this early access is going to last quite some time. The store updates at 6pm BST and it will be available to all in my opinion.

Grinchy

Banned
I've been saying for a long time now that this isn't what you would normally consider a beta but rather early access. I believe we're more or less going to get the finished toolset and the only reason for the beta is to generate content for the service. That content also needs to contain 'quality' so I'm also guessing this early access is going to last quite some time. The store updates at 6pm BST and it will be available to all in my opinion.
I'd be happy if this is how they'll be doing it. They gave us a decent amount to work with in the LBP beta but they definitely held back a lot of the materials and items from what I remember all the way back then.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'd be happy if this is how they'll be doing it. They gave us a decent amount to work with in the LBP beta but they definitely held back a lot of the materials and items from what I remember all the way back then.

They have to incentify those with the beta to then go out and buy the complete version. My guess is we haven't seen all the tools yet and they'll hint at those tools during the stream or the beta. The campaign is also going to be an incentive but MM know lots of people are only buying Dreams to 'create', although I suppose closing the beta would force those who participated to buy Dreams.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Clever girl

giphy.gif

oooo cant wait! i already know i wont have anytime to give it an earnest chance though. i hate how busy my life is rn. love to see everyone elses stuff. do it gaf! maybe gaf can assemble a team to make a game together!

:(

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

julio_grr

That part was not clear to me. So at what time did they cut-off the sign-ins for the beta? I signed-up at the beginning of the stream... :(

Last edited:

AlexxKidd

You have to have already been a part of their newsletter to play tomorrow, but itll be open to the public on Jan. 8.

Grinchy

Banned
lol so only the 14 people who had previously signed up to their newsletter get to be in the beta tomorrow? How arbitrary. Even if you've been excited and following the development, there's a good chance you had no idea that they have a newsletter nor would you necessarily have ever wanted to be signed up for it.

I'll probably do one if no one else has bookmarked it. I'm not very good with OTs though ... Maybe it's best to leave it to someone who knows what they're doing.
I'd be more interested in an OT that is rich in information instead of glitz. I'll see about the issue of glitz, though. Keep an eye on your PMs.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'd be more interested in an OT that is rich in information instead of glitz. I'll see about the issue of glitz, though. Keep an eye on your PMs.

I'll see what the situation is closer to release. Is there any way I can start putting information together now and then cut and paste? Does Word allow for pics or some other program like Powerpoint?

Last edited:
I'll see what the situation is closer to release. Is there any way I can start putting information together now and then cut and paste? Does Word allow for pics or some other program like Powerpoint?
Pics are allowed in Word and in Powerpoint, but I would merely use a [placeholder] of some kind for the pictures and focus on the written content and structure of the OT.

Something like this is how I draft up own OTs and blog posts:

Text text text
Text text text
Text text text

[insert pic showing weapon system]

Text text text
Text text text
Text text text

[Insert pic showing character creation]

Text text text
Text text text
Text text text

Please hit me up via PMs if you'd like any assistance. I will do my best to help.

Top Bottom