• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreams NDA Lifted

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I'll be posting pics at first but hopefully we'll be getting an influx of other content that I'll be posting here. If you happen to find anything, post it! I'm thinking of making a vid or streaming either today or tomorrow.

46563298351_84abbd04ef_b.jpg

31816770107_e0a5a5987e_b.jpg

31816768047_584744d43e_b.jpg

46563490401_548446ce0c_b.jpg

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
There's very little to this gameplay but it's only really meant to be a graphical showcase. It's by a team that's formed to create quality content for Dreams:

Another one:

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
Ahhhhh! that first pic, even Dreams is censored.....:messenger_grinning_squinting:....

But yes, WOW, some serious talent will emanate from this project........Really impressive screens, some of the lighting displayed in dream's creations are really really good......Lots of atmosphere is on display here, that and from what I've seen in the other thread as well......

zeorhymer

Very cool engine. I hope devs find the engine easy to work with and can use it in a number of different genres.

Shifty

That first-person shooter is really something. Looking forward to watching making-of videos when this gets out into people's hands at large.

The music one is intriguing too- I wonder if that's all synthesized using in-game events and hooked directly into the lighting, or whether there's some sort of fast fourier transform spectum analysis thing that you can plug events into. Hmm.

How do they fake reflections?
As best as I can tell it's all done with lighting and materials. Just a bunch of shiny surfaces with strategically-placed point lights to create specular highlights.

Bless. It's hurts when you find out you're wrong.
No it won't.
raw

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
They look great, but are they playable or just dioramas?

Those are just environments the team are putting together. If they released them you'd be able to walk around them and probably shoot the weapon, but that's about all, unless they've developed them more by now.

Shifty

For the light sabers stuff?
Oh, that. Clearly I'm blind :messenger_grinning_sweat:

My guess is that it's the old-school technique of creating a perfect inverted copy of the whole scene and putting it behind a semitransparent surface. Double the resource cost, but perfect accuracy from a rendering standpoint.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Oh, that. Clearly I'm blind :messenger_grinning_sweat:

My guess is that it's the old-school technique of creating a perfect inverted copy of the whole scene and putting it behind a semitransparent surface. Double the resource cost, but perfect accuracy from a rendering standpoint.
That's how it's done in Minecraft.

a8306ef0260abe77a9d5831aed26e0a7.png

I'm speechless. Media praising stuff like Anthem and this going almost under the radar. Fucking outrageous. And then, they dare say the industry is in peril or whatever.

rəddəM

Always wanted to create a game.
Now there's a game where you create games.
Now I can play/create games.
Dreams do come true.

This is super cool. This surpasses anything I would've expected possible.

I honestly thought Dreams was going to be some stupid movie-maker/animation thingy, up until just a few months ago.

NahaNago

This does get me thinking. What if Sony decides that media molecule makes the next media molecule game maker a playstation game engine for indie game devs to make money with instead. Pretty much locking devs to the playstation platform.

Top Bottom