• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreams |OT| A World Of Pure Imagination

SLB1904

Banned
Yours is hella lid playing Dreams too? I’m planning on cleaning mine out soon too!
Its worth it. I cleaned mine last year just now is acting weird.
Heat sink was pretty much blocked last time i cleaned. The problem is not as easy to get access

Edit:2018 last time i cleaned i forgot we are 2020

Last edited:

RPS37

Its worth it. I cleaned mine last year just now is acting weird.
Heat sink was pretty much blocked last time i cleaned. The problem is not as easy to get access

Edit:2018 last time i cleaned i forgot we are 2020
Gonna grab some compressed air and pop it open tomorrow.
Will report back after.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
MMDreamQueen has about 226.000 followers. And normally everyone who owns the game will automatically follow her. Knowing that about 50.000 to 75.000 of those sales already were in early acces. So Dreams did not have sold 200K in it's first week. That's not great actually ...

Psykodad

Banned
MMDreamQueen has about 226.000 followers. And normally everyone who owns the game will automatically follow her. Knowing that about 50.000 to 75.000 of those sales already were in early acces. So Dreams did not have sold 200K in it's first week. That's not great actually ...
True, but it does have an installbase of at least 226K.

That isn't bad at all.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

5.000 in the last 24 hours. I think it's pretty obvious that most people that want to create in Dreams bought it a year ago and the demand now is very limited. It was to be expected, same story as Project Spark and other things that tried this. Dreams is by far the most ambitious tool, but there's only so many people interested in creating or looking at (mostly bad) creations for a couple of minutes. What they should have done is build a toolset for Unity or Unreal Engine. Imagine all the tools we have now, but just as overlays of those engines. You could actually export your content and use it in standard Unity releases. Limiting something like Dreams to one platform is a stupid idea that spectacularly backfires now. If a game ever needed to be on PC, it's this.

Alx

5.000 in the last 24 hours. I think it's pretty obvious that most people that want to create in Dreams bought it a year ago and the demand now is very limited. It was to be expected, same story as Project Spark and other things that tried this. Dreams is by far the most ambitious tool, but there's only so many people interested in creating or looking at (mostly bad) creations for a couple of minutes. What they should have done is build a toolset for Unity or Unreal Engine. Imagine all the tools we have now, but just as overlays of those engines. You could actually export your content and use it in standard Unity releases. Limiting something like Dreams to one platform is a stupid idea that spectacularly backfires now. If a game ever needed to be on PC, it's this.

Yes the barrier of entry should be as low/inexistent as possible. Success of stuff like Roblox shows that it's better to reach as many platforms for as cheap as possible, even with a much lower quality. Project Spark already tried the "free to play" and "also on PC" route, and it still wasn't enough. Targets should include phones, tablets, anything connected to a screen.

Kingsora

Yes this one is Amazing, the creator will also release a big update very soon if I am not mistaken. Has a lot of potential to be even better
Excuse my ignorance, but who is that and why should i follow her?
It's a Media Molecule account. Your game follows her automatically.

True, but it does have an installbase of at least 226K.

That isn't bad at all.
I was expecting at least the double or triple of that amount in the first week, so we can't call it great either. I hope the games has some legs when people are seeing what has been created already.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I was bored so .. enjoy

HoNj4p5.jpg

Kingsora

Check this out, brand new 2D game just released today and it's really great. I actually loved it. So much potential there to compete with some good indie games.

Psykodad

Banned
I did some changes in my dream but how can I update it without re post again ? Anyone ?
Not sure what you mean.

You can either publish, save online privately or save locally.
If you publish it, it'll automatically re-post it. Although I think MM made some changes to this system so updates don't put already published creations on top again.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Not sure what you mean.

You can either publish, save online privately or save locally.
If you publish it, it'll automatically re-post it. Although I think MM made some changes to this system so updates don't put already published creations on top again.

Yeah I published my dream .. now if I add something to it after that .. should I re post again and all the likes gone or is there a way I can update my original one

Psykodad

Banned
Yeah I published my dream .. now if I add something to it after that .. should I re post again and all the likes gone or is there a way I can update my original one
You will keep your likes and all that. It'll just update your creation, so don't worry about it.
You're basically applying a patch.

Only if you somehow remixed your own creation, you'd publish an entirely new creation.

Last edited:
Got it last night and completed 4 tutorials.

For those wondering if this game is easy enough for children, I'd say, absolutely. The tutorial levels seem to be designed for kids. It's like watching a Nick Jr. TV show.

I was put off at first because I just wanted to create stuff while figuring things out on my own. Instead, you have to go through a long cookie cutter opening before you even begin to do anything of value. However, once you're able to start the tutorials you realize how necessary it all is as well as the game's immense potential. That alone is enough to keep you going.

It seems you have to unlock items and effects - not sure if that's just for the hub level, but at least you're forced to learn the tools while you're at it. It's better than The Movies in that respect. While it was fun to create movies, you were forced to do a bunch of non movie-making shit in order to unlock all the props and effects.

Overall, if you enjoy creating things and have a ton of patience (80+ tutorials), I highly recommend it. Like any good game, it's extremely easy to learn, difficult to git gud.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
You will keep your likes and all that. It'll just update your creation, so don't worry about it.
You're basically applying a patch.

Only if you somehow remixed your own creation, you'd publish an entirely new creation.

Ok look .. After applying something new to the original
dream it gives you two choices .. right ?

Which one should I choose to only update it ?

Psykodad

Banned
Ok look .. After applying something new to the original
dream it gives you two choices .. right ?

Which one should I choose to only update it ?
If I understand correctly, one will make it only playable (playable), the other will make it remixable as well (public).

There really is no reason to be cautious though. You won’t lose any likes or plays.

Last edited:

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Now there are two dreams i made you can enjoy them ..

All my dreams called " Do Not Play This Game "

Hope you like them

Miles708

Is it possible to download other people's dreams and play those offline? Somehow I can't find a definitive answer anywhere.

EDIT: Also, is it possible to use the editor with 2 people locally, at the same time?

Asking again (this is last time, i promise).

Kingsora

Asking again (this is last time, i promise).
Haven't seen that option yet.

----
Last week I have been only playing stuff. Today I thought I would get into the creating side. I just did tutorials for 3 hours. This is so overwhelming? I never see me making something 'ok-ish', I really don't see how to make something really great.

How did you guys ever finish this and made interesting stuff?

Psykodad

Banned
Haven't seen that option yet.

----
Last week I have been only playing stuff. Today I thought I would get into the creating side. I just did tutorials for 3 hours. This is so overwhelming? I never see me making something 'ok-ish', I really don't see how to make something really great.

How did you guys ever finish this and made interesting stuff?
Spending lots of time and dedication on Dreams. Lol

It really isn't that easy, but even if creations go horribly wrong, you'll learn from it.
Lots of trial and error to gain experience and get more efficient at what you want to do.
Something I spent more than an hour on 9 moths ago, I can now do in a matter of minutes.

Also, you'll learn a lot by doing collabs. Definitely worth trying.

Last edited:

Kingsora

Spending lots of time and dedication on Dreams. Lol

It really isn't that easy, but even if creations go horribly wrong, you'll learn from it.
Lots of trial and error to gain experience and get more efficient at what you want to do.
Something I spent more than an hour on 9 moths ago, I can now do in a matter of minutes.

Also, you'll learn a lot by doing collabs. Definitely worth trying.
Well yes I indeed have the feeling you have to put A LOT of time in Dreams to make something where you can be really proud of. However I do believe that when you can do it, it gives a lot of satisfaction.

I find it unbelievable what some people can create. I mean look at this character creations. So much detail with just a PS4 or Move controllers, how is that even possible? :eek:

Psykodad

Banned
Well yes I indeed have the feeling you have to put A LOT of time in Dreams to make something where you can be really proud of. However I do believe that when you can do it, it gives a lot of satisfaction.

I find it unbelievable what some people can create. I mean look at this character creations. So much detail with just a PS4 or Move controllers, how is that even possible? :eek:

Lol Ikr?

It definitely isn't as limited or basic as some gaffers make it seem, acting like it's just another casual toy for the console peasants.

Last edited:
Lol Ikr?

It definitely isn't as limited or basic as some gaffers make it seem, acting like it's just another casual toy for the console peasants.

Spending some time even on the intermediate tutorials would quickly put an end to those criticisms.

Anyway, I'm hoping someone remakes Sonic R.

Kingsora

Lol Ikr?

It's clearly as big as you want. If you have the time and the skills making something truly amazing that could rival the best Indie games is very possible.

This is a toony Souls-Like we played, genuinely one of my favourite levels

I thought this was really well done. Different enemy types have purpose and you have to make sure you are parrying rather than blocking or you lose stamina and find yourself staggered and in danger. Couple of different levels and boss fights

Kingsora

I hope this boosts the sales even though the dreams he played were not that good (Ruckus the only good one)

It certainly will help, but indeed a pity that he didn't show off any really good games. Now it seems that the only games that you can play are funny games that look terrible.

The Spongebob game luckily looks good.

Last edited:

Mriverz

Just got this game and it gave me a major headache :messenger_confounded::messenger_confounded::messenger_confounded:. Has any1 else experienced this? Either way im happy to support the dev even if its sits forever

Kingsora

Just got this game and it gave me a major headache :messenger_confounded::messenger_confounded::messenger_confounded:. Has any1 else experienced this? Either way im happy to support the dev even if its sits forever
Headache? Why would the game give you a headache? It' not in VR or something...?

Top Bottom