• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drill Flower in Mario Wonder- What use does it even serve?

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
The Elephant is amazing for combat and water storage, Fireball is perfect as a projectile, bubble can be used as an attack as well as a double jump if you jump on it.

Drill in comparison just feels useless to me, no real purpose to it besides burrowing down and maybe giving damage to enemies above you, which isn't a very common situation you'll encounter in the game. Half baked powerup IMO

Sojiro

I like the other two power ups more for sure, but I think drill is kind of nifty, if nothing else for head protection. Bubble so far has been my favorite, the extra jumps it provides are awesome.

Last edited:

AngelMuffin

8u09F13.jpg

Dream-Knife

Banned
I mean how many times are you going to encounter situations like that?

Those spinies hanging from the wall, i can see the use. In every other scenario it doesn't feel very useful.
The volcano region had those dudes coming out of pipes all of the time.

I found the elephant mostly useless. Bubble one was cool, but really no jumps required it.

But I'm only 2 levels deep in the special world, so idk if that will change.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
It’s very useful in some arena stages where it’s much faster to OHKO enemies from below that do it with any other method.

It also allows you to skip a lot of hazards in quite a few levels. In desert levels your jumping is impaired, but movement below the sand isn’t.

There are multiple instances in levels where you can either do it the hard way, or just use the Drill Hat to skip it entirely.

There's also a number of puzzle solutions which are designed to require the Drill Hat to solve.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
There are multiple instances in levels where you can either do it the hard way, or just use the Drill Hat to skip it entirely.

There's also a number of puzzle solutions which are designed to require the Drill Hat to solve.
I like doing it the hard way why would i buy a mario platformer if not to engage in the platforming gameplay?

Then again that's probably cope from someone who never found out situations where you could skip sections like that

Top Bottom