• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drinking-Age 3 or 4 times a week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
My drinking has picked up over the last few weeks and I’d like to scale back but damn is it hard. Especially after I’ve made dinner and the girlfriend is settled in for the night watching her TV shows. There just isn’t anything else to do and regardless of what I choose to occupy my time, drinking makes it more enjoyable.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Meadows said:
Get off benefits and get a job son.

the only jobs i like is summer grass cutting jobs and this is winter = 5 months of releaxation

Tobor

Having noticed the OP's posts in a few other threads, I wanted to ask him if he was drunk all the time, but I thought better of it. Now I know. :lol

Kentpaul

Meadows said:
Get a job and stop being so lazy. Or go to University. Or do charity work.

When i work i work at my best but only work grass cutting jobs man , long summer days cutting grass drinking a beer

I got my kill ratio up to 1.25 today in MW2, I've had 2 gin and tonics, I'm cooking a pot raost and it's not even 4 pm yet. Being a trophy wife rules!

Slo

VelvetMouth said:
I got my kill ratio up to 1.25 today in MW2, I've had 2 gin and tonics, I'm cooking a pot raost and it's not even 4 pm yet. Being a trophy wife rules!

:lol

Kentpaul

VelvetMouth said:

I own to much when i drink and play gears of war :D

I can only drink if I have the next day off. Not to say that I will be so hungover that I wont be able to function the next day, I just can't do it in good conscience if I have some kind of commitment (ie school, work) the next day. Other than that though I am a lush.

SpacLock

Kentpaul said:
When i work i work at my best but only work grass cutting jobs man , long summer days cutting grass drinking a beer

Hahahaha! Do whatever makes you happy. Seems like you're enjoying your life. Don't let anyone else tell you that you're living it wrong.

I used to do that, when I was younger, although we were drinking damn near every night. I don't think I could physically do that anymore, and frankly I don't think I would want to.

Forkball

I can't see how people drink every day. My limit is one night a week, but it's been about three weeks since I had a drink.

Kentpaul said:
age 19

a life ain't sitting in a office block most of week

Neither is sitting in some shitty flat.

I would say life if about doing something meaningful/rewarding to yourself as a career, traveling, learning more about yourself and finding friends and a partner to share it.

But sure, getting blitzed on shitty booze and 'mowing lawns' sure sounds like a good time as well.

Fusebox

Banned
funkmasterb said:
But sure, getting blitzed on shitty booze and 'mowing lawns' sure sounds like a good time as well.

Each to their own dude, it sounds like a pretty cruisy life to me and if that's what he wants then more power to him for living his dream.

newsguy

I can't hate on a 19 year old kid for living this way right now. If I could go back I wouldn't do shit until I absolutely had to. If you can get a job you love then by all means, work and get a nice sense of fulfillment. the problem is that once you're older and you have to work to live, life can be pretty miserable. So my advice, live it up as much as you can while you're young because once shit gets real you're gonna wish you had.

Frester

10 beers? That's it?

Been drinking a loooooot this semester since I'm graduating in May and won't be able to drink so much once I'm out of school!

funkmasterb said:
Neither is sitting in some shitty flat.

I would say life if about doing something meaningful/rewarding to yourself as a career, traveling, learning more about yourself and finding friends and a partner to share it.

what a dick

Frester said:
10 beers? That's it?

Been drinking a loooooot this semester since I'm graduating in May and won't be able to drink so much once I'm out of school!

Not true! Alcoholics never say die!

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I go through phases where I drink every single night. Usually when im on vacation so I know I don't have to work the next day. I stop for extended periods of time when my tolerance gets too high and when I get a beer belly that I have to work off.

G-Bus

Banned
One or twice a week for me. Usually Fridays get a little crazy. Last couple weeks have been kind of bad, getting drunk mid week then go to work hung over. Not fun :(

MIMIC

Banned
JavaMava said:
I won't drink past midnight if I have something to do the next day. 2-6 drinks, every 3 nights or so.

I did this once. I got wasted at a party (to the point where my friends urged me to go home :lol), went to bed/passed out around 4am and woke up like 5 hours later to watch a tennis match. That was my first and worst hangover. God, I'll never do that again.

Getting drunk is only fun if your friends also get drunk. Otherwise, I tend not to over do it.

As for drinking--if I feel like getting something, that is--I'll usually have a Mike's Hard Lemonade (or a Bacardi) once or twice every few weeks---so maybe, 5 or 6 drinks in a month. And not every month, either.

ChanHuk

Banned
MIMIC said:
As for drinking--if I feel like getting something, that is--I'll usually have a Mike's Hard Lemonade (or a Bacardi) once or twice every few weeks---so maybe, 5 or 6 drinks in a month. And not every month, either.

What are you? 12?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
This week...

Past Monday I went to a pub. I went with a friend and a tire was flat when we were going back home. My response? Go back into the pub, yell with all my strength that his tire was flat and to laugh at him. People did. I then proceeded to take a piss in the middle of the avenue.

Come Thursday, party time! It was a VIP invite-only party, open bar. Got drunk.

Friday... b-day party of friend...I organized it and bought all the booze. Result? Drunk.

For the past weeks every Thursday is get-drunk day for me.

I think I have an alcohol problem.

My definition of drunk = about 10 beers plus shots, or spirits, or anything.

blame space said:
what a dick

How many alcoholics do you have to deal with in your family junior? I've got three, and don't really think the lifestyle of leeching off the gov't, drinking your face off should be supported.

But sure. I'm a dick. I don't really care.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sounds like me.
I drink 3 or 4 times a week, less often if I have weed. I usually drink about 12 beers per session, often by myself late at night. It's pretty cool stuff.

Kaervas

Banned
I hear you man!

354218fernet.jpg

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
OP sucks at life, confirmed.

I'd rather work hard in the office and go out drinking at the finest establishments dressed to the nines with my buddies and some ladies... who wants to just sit around drinking like you?

I'll have a whiskey on the rocks after dinner.

funkmasterb said:
How many alcoholics do you have to deal with in your family junior? I've got three, and don't really think the lifestyle of leeching off the gov't, drinking your face off should be supported.

But sure. I'm a dick. I don't really care.

ok dad, just quit equating your personal problems to other people's actions.

-PXG-

jon bones said:
OP sucks at life, confirmed.

I'd rather work hard in the office and go out drinking at the finest establishments dressed to the nines with my buddies and some ladies... who wants to just sit around drinking like you?

I'll have a whiskey on the rocks after dinner.

Whiskey as in Jack Daniels (preferably Gentlemen Jack), then +1 for you.

Shins

Banned
human garbage

but thank you for cleaning up after me, a successful person with a future. I'm sorry I just threw my drink in the trash can and it tipped over. It's prob really sticky but you know, I went to college so

not my problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom