• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drive Club new info

saladine1

best news so far

Indeed.

Did you ever doubt it?
Actually, yes.
They initially touted the game as an online, car club with friends kind of game. Never sounded like a single player at all.
So, this is good news.

I remember someone from ES mentioning something about a customization reveal. I take the customization to mean visual only in this game and not performance based?
Seeing how the majority (all?) of the cars are super cars, I don't mind if it was visual only.

Anyway, I still can't believe Sony is putting Driveclub up against Gran Turismo this year...strange decision imo.

I wonder if it will be 30fps with the feel of 60fps. DmC jokes aside, this is a thing that people who have played Forza Horizon seem to report. Could be a decent compromise.

p3tran

Banned
"between arcade and simulator"
"damage yes but only for visual effect"
"not a simulation based racer"

ok, so this will be an online arcade racer.
everybody says "like horizon", but let me remind you that horizon had the forza physics and handling model to start with (and simplify as needed).
if it manages to play/handle like a next gen horizon, then it will be the best arcade racer until further notice.
if it manages to play like a next gen pgr then again perfect. second best thing. I also read here some time ago that they got one key player from pgr series, so more kudos to that happening.
but, if it will play like a next gen burnout/nfs/whatever simplified arcade game, then different ball game.
definitely very interesting launch game. unless polyphony pulls some next gen gt prologue, the most interesting car game on ps4.
also, I expect 30fps since the info says "visuals as important as gameplay"

nikos

Can't wait for this. It'll be great if it's open world with a good multiplayer component, like Test Drive Unlimited.

Play offline in single-player

Now you got me interested! I really thought that this would turn out to be a MMO game.

Not really a fan of these two things though:

Not a simulation-based racer
Damage cars take won’t determine how they handle

I prefer simulation racing games to arcade ones. It still remains to be seen what they mean by this.

And this is not good at all...

More cars will be added through DLC; will be “one of the biggest titles for Sony from a DLC perspective”

I guess I'll just buy a Game of the Year edition if they ever make one, or I'll just wait for the game and the DLC to drop in price.
I'm most likely not getting a Ps4 at launch anyways, so I can wait patiently...

Mileena

Banned
- DualShock 4′s touchpad is used for menu navigation, for the most part

I hope most devs use it for this, honestly. Don't try to force in touchpad gimmicks like devs did for sixaxis at the start of PS3. It's not bringing anything to the table.

- in terms of additional cars, it will apparently be one of Sony's 'biggest dlc games'

boo! They're gonna nickle & dime the fuck out of us. It better have a big selection of cars.

you can play offline or as a single player if you wish

The fact that this was even addressed makes me believe there isn't much of a focus on the single player

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Really disappointed that we have a boring arcade/sim racer instead of a new MotorStorm.

Maybe it'll impress me as we see more, but right now I'm just sort of apathetic to this game.

MotorStorm would have looked rad with all the mud and fluid physics, could have really put compute to good use and perhaps made a shame of that early PS3 render.

Really disappointed that we have a boring arcade/sim racer instead of a new MotorStorm.

Maybe it'll impress me as we see more, but right now I'm just sort of apathetic to this game.

MotorStorm would have looked rad with all the mud and fluid physics, could have really put compute to good use and perhaps made a shame of that early PS3 render.
maybe they are just saving it for a second gen title since visuals will be really important for a next-gen motorstorm.

I hope most devs use it for this, honestly. Don't try to force in touchpad gimmicks like devs did for sixaxis at the start of PS3. It's not bringing anything to the table.

Or how about devs don't use it at all? If it's not better than pressing right or left on the d-pad it's a mistake.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Is it an open-world racer like Forza Horizon? If so, Day-Whenever-I-Buy-a-PS4.

Because Forza Horizon cost 200ish dollars if you wanted everything they stripped out of the retail version to sell as DLC? I wish I was kidding. If you wanted everything that game had to offer, it cost a lot of money.

They didn't strip anything out of the retail version they continued to support the retail version with DLC.

Also where did you get this insane $200 estimate? It's $60 and that includes the large rally expansion.

If they stripped the DLC from the game why do they always give free day 1 DLC on all Forza games?

Boost

Banned
Im actually more excited for this game than a next gen GT, only cuz a next gen GT will come next gen... not the one coming up lol

the lighting in this game looks kinda bad, especially compared to some of the shots in the gt5 vs forza thread. also the sky box is too boring

Reiko

Banned
30 or 60fps, the only info I care about.

Probably 30fps like PGR.

the lighting in this game looks kinda bad, especially compared to some of the shots in the gt5 vs forza thread. also the sky box is too boring

Looked real to me.

izZWw9j6v7tvJ.gif

EDIT: Just saw the screens. Lighting downgraded?

rrs

Forza like DLC would be a great fit, but just how big are the car files going to be? I don't want to spend a load of time downloading ultra realistic car DLC because I don't have cable internet.

ReaperXL7

We dont have any kind of confirmation on anyone making a wheel for PS4 yet right? Im thinking I may finally by a new one once the PS4 comes out but i want to make sure its quality when I do.

Forza like DLC would be a great fit, but just how big are the car files going to be? I don't want to spend a load of time downloading ultra realistic car DLC because I don't have cable internet.

Don't worry, it'll probably all be on disc.

I dunno, probably 50-100MB per car

evolution

I think it looks great. You can already see what looks like team vinyls and the time of day looks different from the reveal trailer.

Top Bottom