• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB: Photomode |OT| The better you look, the more you can get away with.

pixelbox

tumblr_ngip1dktgW1u4pnkzo1_1280.jpg

I wanted to grab my winter coat in this shot...Crazy lighting.

tumblr_ngip1dktgW1u4pnkzo2_1280.jpg

Showtime!

tumblr_ngip1dktgW1u4pnkzo3_1280.jpg

Can you tell if this shot is from photo mode or a direct grab?

Skux

tumblr_ngip1dktgW1u4pnkzo1_1280.jpg

I wanted to grab my winter coat in this shot...Crazy lighting.

tumblr_ngip1dktgW1u4pnkzo2_1280.jpg

Showtime!

tumblr_ngip1dktgW1u4pnkzo3_1280.jpg

Can you tell if this shot is from photo mode or a direct grab?

We need more shots from this time of day. That shade of blue at dusk, just before the sun goes down, is just perfect in the game.

Looking at these shots as thumbnails on my phone, they look like real life photos. Amazing.

HTupolev

3Driveclub

SoMeTImes lowerCASE. ALWAYS CROSS-EYED.

Just some experimentation with stereoscopic 3D. I'd recommend opening these up in another window for viewing. None of them assume any kind of convergence point.

This bridge was perhaps the thing that encouraged me to try this out in the first place, it's so perfect for 3D:

This one is a little messy, that always seems to be an issue with small particles :(

Norway is small lololol

This last one... well, I actually posted it in the game OT a few hours ago and nobody even responded :( I'm not sure if it was because that wasn't the right home for it or because I'm just such a bad photographer that nobody wanted to hurt my feelings or something? I suppose it's a little off-topic in this thread since I didn't use photomode to make it, but I want to see what people think of some 3D DC video:

(The image links to full size 1920x540)

If the above sort of thing is inappropriate for the thread, I'll stahp.

dannethmps

Neo Member
We're collating our best efforts - hopefully they'll hold up to some of the communities, you guys have amazed us.

Nice recovery after the spin at the hairpin :)

Without making too many excuses, if the game wasn't so good looking my eyes wouldn't be wondering about so much and I wouldn't be all over the place ( honest )

3Driveclub

SoMeTImes lowerCASE. ALWAYS CROSS-EYED.

Just some experimentation with stereoscopic 3D. I'd recommend opening these up in another window for viewing. None of them assume any kind of convergence point.

This bridge was perhaps the thing that encouraged me to try this out in the first place, it's so perfect for 3D:

This one is a little messy, that always seems to be an issue with small particles :(

Norway is small lololol

This last one... well, I actually posted it in the game OT a few hours ago and nobody even responded :( I'm not sure if it was because that wasn't the right home for it or because I'm just such a bad photographer that nobody wanted to hurt my feelings or something? I suppose it's a little off-topic in this thread since I didn't use photomode to make it, but I want to see what people think of some 3D DC video:

(The image links to full size 1920x540)

If the above sort of thing is inappropriate for the thread, I'll stahp.

Maaaan! I hope they patch in stereoscopic 3D! It was awesome in MotorStorm 2 and 3.

How long does it take to unlock all of the cars and tracks? I just want to race people online and I'm not sure if I need to unlock everything first.

NeoRausch

How long does it take to unlock all of the cars and tracks? I just want to race people online and I'm not sure if I need to unlock everything first.

No need to unlock tracks. And cars you sons own yet you can "lend" for a race of you haven't unlocked them yet.

HTupolev

Moar 3Driveclub.

Hehhhehe mighta gone a little overboard on the separation:

Ahhhaahaahhah too much separation+specular, too much motion blur, too much particles... this shot vaguely looks cool, but burns the eyes.

Damn, I took these screenshots until I figured out you produced the same ones
Amazing shots.

I wonder if that geometry also looks cool if...

...sort of, I guess.

Putty

We're collating our best efforts - hopefully they'll hold up to some of the communities, you guys have amazed us.

Nice recovery after the spin at the hairpin :)

Paul you guys should be so proud of what you've done here! I know you've had some difficult moments and continue to do so looking at the Driveclub twitter feed and of course the ongoing PS+ situation, but the vision of what you were looking to achieve is unravelling at quite a pace. So many peeps on the fence have taken the plunge after the weather update, and as most of us already knew, the new owners are indeed loving the life out of it. The more you keep adding to the game, the more it continues to dazzle. Keep all the updates and improvements coming as they truly are shaping the game into something very special. Now please add Fog to the game 8).

*disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Evolution Studios or their immediate family members, i just f*****g love this game!

Top Bottom