• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB: Tons of new Gamersyde HQ gameplay

I haven't been disappointed with any PS4 game visually thus far.

Killzone looked AMAZING as well as infamous Second Son, both of which were believed to be "downgraded" at some point in time. I'm going to believe that the just is done justice in person.

Valnen

It must be me watching it on my pc monitor? I think the game looks good. Decent. There's something off about it tho on those videos. The picture I'm seeing on my monitor doesn't "pop" like infamous. It looks kind of muddy. The textures. Lots of shimmering of white type lines on the edges of polygons? I also saw a fence completely draw in on one if the videos. I don't know if it's the motion blur or what. I should watch it on my TV but the kids won't get off it lol

Also everything in the rear view mirror looks absolutely terrible.

I just hope this game has some kind of mode to keep things exciting for the single player experience.

I am not big into MP racers.

Guys, I was thinking... in honor of Studio Liverpool, I'd like to make a WipEout themed Club somewhere down the line.

I was thinking AG Systems inspired.

I plan to remain a free agent until my skills are good enough to benefit joining a club.

But let's keep this idea in mind? :3

Yes please!

If they can get Uncharted 4 to look anything like the reveal trailer, that will look miles better simply because of the superior image quality.

I would scale back your expectations. Quite a bit. The IQ of UC4 won't be anywhere near the reveal. It'll look amazing, but it won't have downsampled levels of IQ lol.

Valnen

I would scale back your expectations. Quite a bit. The IQ of UC4 won't be anywhere near the reveal. It'll look amazing, but it won't have downsampled levels of IQ lol.

Sick of being lied to. If it doesn't look that good, they're being misleading and lying to consumers.

So just like any other racing game?

Considering how they went on and on about how they want everything perfect with this game, I don't expect this to be "like every other racing game", especially when it's not even 60 FPS.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I haven't been disappointed with any PS4 game visually thus far.

Killzone looked AMAZING as well as infamous and Second Son, both of which were believed to be "downgraded" at some point in time. I'm going to believe that the just is done justice in person.

Believe me, there is no downgrade here. It's an amazing looking/playing game.

Evolution Studios outdid themselves and the competition.

It's so tightly designed in both visuals and feel that I'm constantly doubting which camera I should use to get the most out of my laps.

The in car camera even though I think on principle it limits your visibility no matter which game you're playing, this game does it best BY MILES.

And the 3rd person cameras are also a fucking blast.

The sense of speed and visual realism is through the roof.

Overall, visuals and gameplay, they really nailed the fun factor.

I cannot stop praising this game! WHERE THE FUCK IS THE OT?!

Sick of being lied to. If it doesn't look that good, they're being misleading and lying to consumers.

Considering how they went on and on about how they want everything perfect with this game, I don't expect this to be "like every other racing game", especially when it's not even 60 FPS.

Yea... no. I expect the cutscenes to reach that level of IQ but if you think gameplay will have that IQ... I feel like your purposefully misleading yourself just so you can express outrage later.

VanWinkle

It must be me watching it on my pc monitor? I think the game looks good. Decent. There's something off about it tho on those videos. The picture I'm seeing on my monitor doesn't "pop" like infamous. It looks kind of muddy. The textures. Lots of shimmering of white type lines on the edges of polygons? I also saw a fence completely draw in on one if the videos. I don't know if it's the motion blur or what. I should watch it on my TV but the kids won't get off it lol

I doubt it's that. I'm watching it on my PC monitor too. Do you know of any racers that look graphically better, or is "decent" the best we've gotten from the genre so far?

Conduit

Banned
Some comparison gif ( stage in Canada ) :

Rain :

qmzfuo.gif

Sunny day :

2534085-4811722413-ilX7I.gif

And sunny day with melting snow on hill :

SlightVigilantFreshwatereel.gif

If this doesn't work, here :

http://fat.gfycat.com/SlightVigilantFreshwatereel.webm

hwy_61

Banned
oh by the way, I meant no disrespect to the gamercyde crew. I honestly didn't know why the game looked like it does. If it was the game or the video quality.

You guys do great work :)

kriskrosbbk

It's so tightly designed in both visuals and feel that I'm constantly doubting which camera I should use to get the most out of my laps.

The in car camera even though I think on principle it limits your visibility no matter which game you're playing, this game does it best BY MILES.

Music for my ears.Just few more days.

What competition?

If I'm missing out on another closed circuit Racer like this...someone please help/point me to it!

Is the newest NFS CC?

I gave up on the NFS games.

Forza 5 would be its most direct competitor. Project CARs would also fall into that category of a closed circuit track racer.

Valnen

Considering we've already had games where jaggies weren't an issue at all, no, we aren't doomed for life of the PS4. You can't win 'em all. It still looks fantastic.

Something can't be full of jaggies and still look "fantastic" by today's standards.

ss_lemonade

Saw the same thing when we tried out the game at pax. While the lighting looked amazing, there was lots and lots of shimmering and aliasing. Really hurt the overall image quality

Vestax

Banned

Soooooo....good to hear this...one more long week. Got this mo'fo' pre-ordered....

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Lack of colour options is surprising and disappointing

I hope some of these things are down to lack of time. I'd love to see a fully fledged livery editor in driveclub in the future.

Vestax

Banned

I doubt it's that. I'm watching it on my PC monitor too. Do you know of any racers that look graphically better, or is "decent" the best we've gotten from the genre so far?

It is. There is very noticeable aliasing. I had higher expectations for "next gen".

I guess you not liking Driveclub is an understatement...

nib95

Banned
What competition?

If I'm missing out on another closed circuit Racer like this...someone please help/point me to it!

Is the newest NFS CC?

I think he means racing games in general. As much as they have different focuses etc, they still share natural genre similarities.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned

I don't want to bring up other racers I think there are other racers that look better iq wise. What aa are they using here? Is it just me noticing the lack if af? It's like lots of the textures look muddy. It must be the motion blur mixed with a strange aa technique? Something looks off to me. Certain parts look incredible bit it just doesn't look as good as I thought it would. Is this deffo 100 percent accurate captures? Direct from the ps4?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
What competition?

Is the newest NFS CC?

The Driveclub vs FH2 competition. Let's not play babe in the woods here.

Does your car sprout wings and fly in Horizon 2?

You just drive and crash into random shit because it's open ended, it changes nothing... you just drive in both games.

In my honest opinion and I've played plenty of open world racing, it's a gimmick that gets boring quickly.

Racking up points in emergent gameplay type moments can be done in much more focused ways than putting your car in a sprawling map and telling you to drift this warehouse and jump this barn. I've done this to boredom in Burnout Paradise and NFS and it's not rewarding enough, not for me.

Driveclub just happens to have one of the most comprehensive and intuitive social integration I've ever seen. And that's what matters when you're ripping rivals a new asshole. Straight to the point challenges and faceoffs happening instantaneously as you and your club race. Creating new challenges on the fly all wrapped in some of the tightest most fun racing I've done in a while.

Case in point: Time Attack!

viveks86

Just starting to watch these videos. Whoever modeled the sky needs a a big pat on the back. I've lost count of the number of times I was amazed by the cloud formations and the way they interact with lighting

Finally got home, downloaded 3 of these videos so far and got them running in the same way it will look on my TV, with game mode turned on and everything.

Fuckin
Glorious

I can only notice very, very, very slight aliasing on the farthest of objects. And I had to look hard for it.

Will look even better for real, so yeah, this game is going to break my share button. Especially when weather hits, replays hit, share mode hits, etc.

Top Bottom