• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS adverts on Channel 4 (UK)

Anyone seen the adverts that Nintendo pads Garth Marenghi's Darkplace with on Channel 4? They're very short but quite cool. Its a bunch of fellas dressed in black against a black background, using props to re-enact New Super Mario Bros. A bit like the Matrix ping pong / table tennis video. There are guys moving the clouds / bushes to make it look like the screen is scrolling, and theres a guy using his head and a weinerville style body (90s Nickelodeon anyone?) to depict Mario. When he gets a mushroom he turns away from the camera and stretches out his cape which has a bigger Mario drawn on it etc. Things like that.

Its a good show that Nintendo are sponsoring too. They're doing it for Dean Learner's new show tomorrow as well, so the adverts may air then. Not sure if they have different adverts for different games in the campaign or if its just NSMB. I may try and capture them when I get home.

radioheadrule83 said:
Anyone seen the adverts that Nintendo pads Garth Marenghi's Darkplace with on Channel 4? They're very short but quite cool. Its a bunch of fellas dressed in black against a black background, using props to re-enact New Super Mario Bros. A bit like the Matrix ping pong / table tennis video. There are guys moving the clouds / bushes to make it look like the screen is scrolling, and theres a guy using his head and a weinerville style body (90s Nickelodeon anyone?) to depict Mario. When he gets a mushroom he turns away from the camera and stretches out his cape which has a bigger Mario drawn on it etc. Things like that.

Its a good show that Nintendo are sponsoring too. They're doing it for Dean Learner's new show tomorrow as well, so the adverts may air then. Not sure if they have different adverts for different games in the campaign or if its just NSMB. I may try and capture them when I get home.

Nintendo have been sponsering channel 4's entire comedy line up for about a year now, they also sponsored 'Its me or the Dog' with guess what, Nintendogs.

The adverts changed when the lite was released

This kind of association pleases me.

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
Nintendo have been sponsering channel 4's entire comedy line up for about a year now, they also sponsored 'Its me or the Dog' with guess what, Nintendogs.

The adverts changed when the lite was released

This kind of association pleases me.

Smartest move Nintendo ever made. It's worked miracles for the DS in the UK. I wonder if they'll have the Wii take over, or split the sponsorship. The must be seriously considering it.

Top Bottom