• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS Lite Imperfections

KidOmega

I just got a DS lite. The first one I had had small light surface scratches that you could see holding it up to the light. Oh well...then I opened the it and the screen was cracked. Well Target was nice and exchanged it for another. Same thing through light surface scratches in one spot...ARGH! I'm a perfectionist...did your all's come lightly scratched too?

You're overreacting dude, everything is scratched under a microscope. You're just in that one week period after buying something where you'er overly critical. In a month's time, you'll be abusing it.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Don't let yourself get hung up on tiny little imperfections. Pretty much anything that's mass produced will have some miniscule issue. Worst case scenario is that you exchange something with a small imperfection, only to get another with something really wrong with it. It's a slippery slope, and it's actually happened to me.. until I convinced myself not to care so much.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Coincidentally, my lil sis surprised me and bought me a DS Lite for my birthday today, and the whole bottom screen is slightly tilted counter-clockwise... never heard of that one before...

She says she's not sure if she still has the receipt, she'll find out when she goes back to her place Monday - I hope she does have it still...

Just when I was happy that there weren't any dead pixels... :(

Animal

Banned
I'm at my fourth DS lite.

First one was perfect in everyway except for the crack.
So i exchange it for another.
I realise the next day it has a dead pixel on the bottom screen and the right shoulder button only works half the time.
I exchange it again.
I get home and i notice a dead pixel on the top screen.
I go back and get another.
I get one that is fine and dandy except the right shoulder button doesnt click like a button should, it just moves. It works but i get no clicking.

Also on the last 3 DS lites, they all had slightly crooked screens and the cartridge sat crooked in the same way as the bottom screen. The DS lite lost the high quality feel i had with my first one before the crack.

Mallika

vatstep said:
Worst case scenario is that you exchange something with a small imperfection, only to get another with something really wrong with it. .
Yeah, this is why I try not to mind little physical imperfections too much.

atomsk

Party Pooper
sandpaper.jpg

Top Bottom