• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualSense™ Wireless Controller – LeBron James Limited Edition $39.99 at Playstation Direct

Sleepwalker

Will the controller walk out of my living room when it gets frustrated?

OmegaSupreme:

*Loses his 5th consecutive COD match with a 0.2 KD*

Dualsense:

Leaving Lebron James GIF

Last edited:
I think people have to understand that as awful as this controller looks and whatever you think about LeBron, it's a great marketing move.

You create these relationships with players, and it could turn into something where maybe the MVP of each league each year could get their own controller. These things will sell, and you then associate the sport and the culture with PlayStation.

They'll sell as just collectibles at some point. It's something Sony can do without having to make their own basketball game for example, but ultimately ramps up the sales of NBA 2K on PS5 rather than other platforms, and obviously, they're taking 30 percent of that and the MTX.

So again, marketing decisions like this are actually genius and can lead to millions in additional revenue. We'll see how they play it going forward, obviously, they sold this for less than the standard controller because they were struggling to get rid of inventory.

It also goes to show how much of a markup Sony has on these controllers.

Sorcerer

Strange for a limited edition licensed controller (Lebron James can't come cheap) to be cheaper than standard. They probably made too many of these and then decided they were fugly. Fire sale.
I bet Lebron himself says hell no to this atrocity.

Last edited:
I would buy. But it is ugly. But worse, it’s random. Not even basketball related. It’s scribbles. I could have designed Lebron something better.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Nothing is given! Everything is earned!

Looks like people didn't want to give you their money for that design and now you'll earn less from it.

Huh.

tamago84

even these sweatpants from a vtuber has better design

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
cYvzBWr.jpg

Might get one and have it painted like I did with my launch controller.

Edit: Ah nvm. They’re sold out now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom