• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DualShock 4 is becoming a rare item.

Ryu Kaiba

Never broke a dualshock 4 but Sony purposely made the battery life shit so you'd have to buy 2 of them so I'm not surprised.

DeepSpace5D

I still can't find these. Is anyone having luck? May have to just buy a third party controller.
Can’t you buy them on the Playstation direct website?

Official controllers, about 6 different colors in stock right now.

DarkestHour

Banned
Can’t you buy them on the Playstation direct website?

Official controllers, about 6 different colors in stock right now.

Saw that earlier. Curious how long it would take for shipping, but seems to at least be available there. I think Target near me surprisingly has some so will check that out and if no luck will hit up Sony Direct.

DeepSpace5D

Saw that earlier. Curious how long it would take for shipping, but seems to at least be available there. I think Target near me surprisingly has some so will check that out and if no luck will hit up Sony Direct.
Are you in the US? Playstation Direct usually has 2-day shipping. Pretty fast.

Unknown?

When I sold my Pro to subsidize the PS4 I foolishly sold all 4 of my DS4s without remembering I need one of them for PSVR games. Still have yet to buy another one.

ReBurn

Gold Member
One of my DS4 controllers but the dust a week ago. I bought a refurbished sunset orange controller to replace it but it hasn't arrived yet. A new, real DS4 is crazy hard to find. It's a problem for me because I take a PS4 slim with me when I travel sometimes and there's no way I'll be able to travel with a PS5 and Chinese aftermarket controllers are the absolute worst.

I'm glad my PS4 games work on my PS5, though. At least it won't be like trying to find controllers to play games on PS3.

Drew1440

The micro USB port is very intermittent on my dualshock 4, sometimes have to wiggle it to get it to charge. Micro USB isn't very reliable, already went through a lot of cable for my old smartphone before they switched too USBC

DarkestHour

Banned
Direct worked well. Shipped out yesterday and will be here today. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a controller as they are scarce in stores.

Greggy

I've gone through so many of these things due to the microUSB connection failing and once again I am at this point. Need to find another one but they're sold out in all the stores around me and Amazon. Is this Sony's shitty idea to get people to buy PS5 only? I already have a PS5 and can't even use my spare DualShock 5 on PS4...
Try ebay, I managed to get one from there recently. Just wanted to keep the ability to play in VR although I haven't used the headset in ages.

The Fartist

Gold Member
They're going for $40 USD (brand new OEM) on average on Mercari, I snagged three of them last summer for about $35 a pop. Lots of color options too, can't beat it.

Top Bottom