• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dudebro: MSIFUSIHTS/SY2: The Straight-Up Official Thread!

[Nintex]

Danthrax said:
If you (or anyone else) would like to help me write funny, in-character tweets, that would be great. =)
Sounds awesome bro!

If you could PM me the pass of the Dudebro we could speed things up.

When I think of Neogaf and creative forces I think of 3 things:

m0dus

orioto

and

G.A.M.E. (which is currently being organized by monchi-kun(I think))

They are simply geniuses in their respective fields (art and music), and I really hope that down the line these guys are being brought in to contribute with some brahsome stuff for this project.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
hey danthranx. put me down as a programmer for now and ill see if i can use whatever people decide to go with.

Barrett2

I have never been more proud to be a member of NeoGAF. Amazing.

Maybe I can help Manos with some grunt paperwork stuff?

DudeBro's Twitter feed needs to blow up. Spread the word, subscribe and retweet that shit!!

JayDubya

Banned
That looks good for the Shooting, but let's not forget the Slicing.

Is it really Straight-Up Dawg Time without the slicing? I think not.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
JayDubya said:

he hides a machete in his beard apparently, i actually really like that idea.

or he could use the mastersword on his gun. its all good.

Tim-E

JayDubya said:

Agreed. It's in the title. We can't promise slicing and not follow up on it. Some things can slide, but slicing isn't one of them.

willgoldstone

Neo Member
Hey guys if anyone wants to throw me a rigged FBX character i'll happily build you guys a top down Unity demo, if you're not going with a different engine? My mate EdwardTivursky showed me this thread, and I've got a raging broner for the concept, bro.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Tim-E said:
Agreed. It's in the title. We can't promise slicing and not follow up on it. Some things can slide, but slicing isn't one of them.

I know I certainly want to be slicing. Surely DudeBro's beard is stronger and sharper than any known substance. Brodamantium perhaps?

Piano

Banned
TheEastonator said:
EDIT: Also, I can write music, but I have to programs on my computer with which to 'compose' it (i.e. make notes into a decent sounding song). What programs do you guys use to make music for something like this? I need to get in touch with software like that anyways, so I might splurge.

Anyone? I can write music if I have a program with which to do it.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
elevenstrings said:
Here's a sneaky little theme. . Loading Music? Or perhaps bgm for a cutscene when he's taking care of business with Brolanda.
I love it.

Tim-E said:
It is. I LOVE the top down shooter idea, but it would be a shame not to use his engine in some fashion.
Yes, especially considering we have limited resources and it would basically already give us something playable.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
thetrin said:
http://www.zshare.net/download/69730034d0acb7b7/

That is Ultima's engine demo. Have at it!

If this is our starting point, seems like it's to be expected that you're going to be hit by a lot of bullets in this game. Not much in the way of avoidance.

Rocket launcher and grenade launcher are both sort of unweildly since the AI tries to dodge them, and the sword kinda sucks.

I just thought of something. I don't think this was brought up. There should be some in-game boss dialogue. Like they say something when their health gets too low and they power up or something. If thetrin isn't doing all the writing, I could do some of that. Shouldn't be too hard since it wouldn't be more than one or two lines per boss.

Tim-E

A guy on the Facebook page said this:

Hey guys if anyone wants to throw me a rigged FBX character i'll happily build you guys a top down Unity demo, if you're not going with a different engine?

ZealousD said:
If this is our starting point, seems like it's to be expected that you're going to be hit by a lot of bullets in this game. Not much in the way of avoidance.

Rocket launcher and grenade launcher are both sort of unweildly since the AI tries to dodge them, and the sword kinda sucks.

You know that is just the engine demo right. All the actual gameplay stuff can be changed. This is just to give you a feel for what's possible in the engine.

Tim-E said:
A guy on the Facebook page said this:
Gaf we have to go back... to the original idea
jackface.png

Raide

Machado said:
I called dibs on the 1st boss voice

one thing I don't like about the image on the website is that "ninjas" thing. it shoud be pimps

I know nothing about programming but, besides the voice I'd like to help in anything else. so pm me with my task

Ninja Pimps, best of both worlds. :lol

Tim-E

Machado said:
this game should have subtitkles in every language.

I call dibs on English - Spanish translation

I remember Barkley: Shut Up and Jam Guiden had two languages, English and Al Bhed. :lol :lol

Will the full script be PMed to everyone contributing or just posted outright? As ridiculous as the plot may be, I still think we shouldn't spoil those looking forward to it that aren't taking part in the project.

I just read the entire Imagine: Babiez Party thread and GAF amazes me once again!

I don't know what I can do, but I'd love to help spread the word out about this game because it's straight up dawg time, all day, every day.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Wanna see what I'm cooking, GAF?

16jr32q.jpg

The filename is dudebro_lookslikeapainting.psd

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
cosmicblizzard said:
Will the full script be PMed to everyone contributing or just posted outright? As ridiculous as the plot may be, I still think we shouldn't spoil those looking forward to it that aren't taking part in the project.
i think it should be out in the open for all of gaf to poke at.

The Official Dudebro Online Store is open for business. Get your dude gear now!

http://www.cafepress.com/dudebro2

Dudebro White T-Shirt
421725281v6_350x350_Front_Color-White.jpg

Dudebro Dark T-Shirt
421729939v2_350x350_Front_Color-Black.jpg

Dudebro Women's V-Neck T-Shirt
421737518v2_350x350_Front_Color-White.jpg

Dudebro Women's Dark T-Shirt
421729937v2_350x350_Front_Color-Black.jpg

Dudebro Ringer T-Shirt
421737519v2_350x350_Front_Color-BlackWhite.jpg

Dudebro Jr. Ringer T-Shirt
421737521v2_350x350_Front_Color-PinkSalmon.jpg

Dudebro Baseball Jersey
421736487v3_350x350_Front_Color-BlackWhite.jpg

421736487v3_350x350_Back_Color-BlackWhite.jpg

Dudebro Golf Shirt
421735316v3_350x350_Front_Color-White.jpg

421735316v3_350x350_Back_Color-White.jpg

Dudebro Trucker Hat
421733597v2_350x350_Front_Color-BlackWhite.jpg

Dudebro Mousepad
421734077v2_350x350_Front.jpg

Dudebro Throw Pillow
421734534v2_350x350_Front.jpg

More designs to come!

Danthrax said:
Okay this is the list I have so far of what people have volunteered to help with:

Design doc: thetrin; Jocchan
Writing: thetrin; DrAndronuts; bombshack
Concept art: Jocchan; LiK; Tyrant_Onion
Cover art: Jocchan
Promo art: Divvy
Programming: Somnid; TheOneGuy; Funky Pajamas; ScrabbleBanshee; AbortedWalrusFetus; Cheeto; zeouterlimits; Wormdundee; Alts; centracore
3D Modeling: Mik2121; Thunder Monkey
Animation: Animation-Imp
Sound design: V_Ben
Music: V_Ben; centracore; John
Sprite art: TheOneGuy
Voice actor (Dudebro, Chicken): V_Ben
Voice actor (unspecified part): JDSN; Monroeski; ZephyrFate; Scythesurge; Carolina-blue; scitek; Drkirby; Goron2000
Voice actor (Brolling Stan boss): cosmicblizzard
Voice actor (General Pesquali): BobFromPikeCreek
Voice actor (rapper for soundtrack): morningbus; soul creator
Voice actor (narrator?): Ca1amity
Marketing: Danthrax (Twitter); theusedversion (CafePress t-shirts, etc.); cooljeanius (Facebook); nskinnear; DrAndronuts; schuelma
Copy editing: Danthrax; schuelma
IP law: Manos The Hands of Fate; schuelma
Producer: Danthrax
Original title idea: Cuyahoga (<3 you bro)

After a couple PMs, thetrin informed me Dudebro's beard holds a machete, so there's our slicing. =P

Mispelled my name, just so you know.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Thank fuck, I got the Facebook-to-Twitter thing working. Looks like we'll have to post to Facebook to crosspost between the two... posting to Twitter doesn't put it on Facebook.

DrAndonuts said:
Mispelled my name, just so you know.

sorry; fixed now

[edit] Looks great, theusedversion! Thanks for making that change!

Top Bottom