• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dumbest Game Studio Names?

Dargor

OP I have to disagree with you on Nippon Ichi, thats like one of the best names ever, seriously. I'm not japanese nor do I know the language, but I think it means number 1 in Japan.

lt519

Hello Games.

They make great games but why "Hello?"

It's probably a play on "Hello World." A simple function that prints Hello World is basically #1 step to learning programming.

I don't mind From Software but CD Projekt Red is just weird and doesn't make any sense to me.

RM8

Is there a name that is not dumb at this point? lol
I personally like Polytron, Kairosoft, Intelligent Systems, Data East, AlphaDream Corporation, Studio Pixel, Tecmo, Firaxis Games and Nihon Falcom. They probably sound dumb to other people :p

Fbh

Yeah From Software takes the prize.

"The new game from From Software"
"From From Software comes this exciting new game..."
"Oh, this game? It's from From Software"

I think Naughty Dog worked well when they made stuff like Crash. Now thet they make games like Uncharted and The Last of Us it kind of doesn't fit

CHC

Despite their pedigree "Naughty Dog" has such a stupid name and logo. I feel like it's one of those names where their success was not at all predicted when a couple of guys in the late 80s / early 90s came up with some "random" name in two seconds and now they're stuck with it 20 years later....

(Also this thread is so obviously people just saying STUDIOS they don't like rather than names....)

after this thread I'd love to see what people think are the best studio names...

it seems like every studio is being listed here...oh well gaf gonna gaf

I like Working Designs, Valve, Telltale, and Treasure.

Westwood studios, Sierra, New World Computing are good too.

I don't mind From Software but CD Projekt Red is just weird and doesn't make any sense to me.

CD Projekt - Perfect name for a mostly PC (re-)publisher at the time and place of creation. It's a business project which involves selling CD-ROMs. Duh.

How do you make any sensible studio name that starts with CD Projekt? I don't really think you can. "RED" was possibly the shortest thing that wasn't horrible.

Top Bottom