• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dune: Prophecy teaser

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Much like the Rings Of Power this is an unnecessary prequel, made about a time in the story's history that is frankly pretty fucking dull.

Why not do a show about The Butlerian Jihad? That would surely be a much more worthwhile exercise, especially given AI's modern day rise.

These half arsed series that are made to squeeze as much money out of a franchise with as little effort as possible are irritating in the extreme. Either commit fully to something epic and interesting, or don't fucking bother.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Much like the Rings Of Power this is an unnecessary prequel, made about a time in the story's history that is frankly pretty fucking dull.

Why not do a show about The Butlerian Jihad? That would surely be a much more worthwhile exercise, especially given AI's modern day rise.

These half arses series that are made to squeeze as much money out of a franchise with as little effort as possible are irritating in the extreme. Either commit fully to something epic and interesting, or don't fucking bother.
It's just soulless content for the streaming machine. My only hope is that it does well enough for them to maybe do the rest of franks books after Messiah.

Trunx81

Gold Member
Isn't that kind of the point in Dune? Some tech is straight up banned in the lore.
I got the same problem with The Acolyte. 1000 years and everything still is based on the same technology. It’s the opposite to Star Trek Discovery, when old tech suddenly is more modern than new one.

StueyDuck

Banned
I mean... I'll watch it cause I love Dune and sci-fi... but the Dune prequels are pretty poop as others have said.

Plus how will it ever stand up to the incredible masterpiece movies and directing. It's gonna be disgustingly difficult to try meet that quality in a tv show

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Oh fuck. I didn’t realise this was based on Brian Herbert’s effluence!

It’ll be terrible. Never was a worse case of a talentless hack getting a job just ‘cause of his daddy.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Wow, Raised by Wolves got a new season?!?!?!? Oh...wait :p

Are we gonna see a Navigator in this? The aesthetics look good, though hard to say if the cinematography can keep up. And the BG are basically conducting a breeding program based on eugenics and deliberate abortions of unwanted genders so hard to say how the optics are gonna go. Better have the Bene Tleilax as well.

Spyxos

Wow, Raised by Wolves got a new season?!?!?!? Oh...wait :p

Are we gonna see a Navigator in this? The aesthetics look good, though hard to say if the cinematography can keep up. And the BG are basically conducting a breeding program based on eugenics and deliberate abortions of unwanted genders so hard to say how the optics are gonna go. Better have the Bene Tleilax as well.
Ha i thought it looks like Raised by Wolfes at first as well.

It seems to be only about Bene Gesserit. I would like to see other houses more.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I got the same problem with The Acolyte. 1000 years and everything still is based on the same technology. It’s the opposite to Star Trek Discovery, when old tech suddenly is more modern than new one.

I get that.

It's like Knights of the Old Republic. Set around 4000 years before A New Hope, yet the technology on display is exactly the same. Just looks a little different.

Top Bottom