• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Fighter Online is back! New characters Dark Knight and Creator available!

Astarte

How to OV:

Murder SixMachine through teamkilling multiple times

i8Zta8L.jpg

Yea, Ozma's boss fight pretty much sucks, the boss is meant to just waste your time with his whole shielding phase. Not only that, the whole no super hold or stun, which would interrupt the phase you can damage him pretty much eliminates any cube skill besides venom mine and blowing up the awakening for fbrawler. The rest of the dungeon wasn't too bad tbh and I didn't even use a token up until the boss...

The Bakal boss fight has some weird controller issue, and it's similar to the issue I have with the last boss in Tower of Awakening. It seems for those inputs for the minigames they want the directional keys on the keyboard, since looking in my options my directions are listed as JOY_LEFT for example, instead to being mapped to the left key on the keyboard. I had to use 1 token on Bakal the first time we fought him because that messed with me.

I also found it funny we were running hard mode with my exorcism level. I only have 44 exo points and I actually looked at my debuff in Ozma's room and my stats are -51% lol.

Astarte

I'm about to melt this level 60 bar. I really really hate Ghent....

If you hate Ghent I have news for you! You'll have something else to hate in the future.

Yea, Ozma's boss fight pretty much sucks, the boss is meant to just waste your time with his whole shielding phase. Not only that, the whole no super hold or stun, which would interrupt the phase you can damage him pretty much eliminates any cube skill besides venom mine and blowing up the awakening for fbrawler. The rest of the dungeon wasn't too bad tbh and I didn't even use a token up until the boss...

The Bakal boss fight has some weird controller issue, and it's similar to the issue I have with the last boss in Tower of Awakening. It seems for those inputs for the minigames they want the directional keys on the keyboard, since looking in my options my directions are listed as JOY_LEFT for example, instead to being mapped to the left key on the keyboard. I had to use 1 token on Bakal the first time we fought him because that messed with me.

I also found it funny we were running hard mode with my exorcism level. I only have 44 exo points and I actually looked at my debuff in Ozma's room and my stats are -51% lol.

Having two brawlers that don't have access to stun is just :X
You went from sparingly using tokens to being one shotted by ks and using so many more :y
Also yeah, I should have stuck with normal. But heyyyy there was a chance to get exo sets! I'm down to do this again another time.

Also: Inverted! Don't beat yourself up over anything. It's a learning experience.

What times this week does anyone want to run some otherverse? My hours are weird this weekend since I work at home, so I basically have to log on my work computer and look at computer stuff, but I can get some runs in between work sessions. Thursday night is also fine with me.

What times this week does anyone want to run some otherverse? My hours are weird this weekend since I work at home, so I basically have to log on my work computer and look at computer stuff, but I can get some runs in between work sessions. Thursday night is also fine with me.

can i.throw spears at you again (・・;)

Astarte

I'm fine with Thursday night. I'll bring my chaos so we can skip most of the bullshit. She'll out damage and out utility my 85 m brawler at level 70.
We can either: continue what we did last time and hope that a chaos/whatever joins us and run on hard
Run it trio on medium
Run it medium on chaos because oops I forgot I didn't farm lol

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
dead game gets even deader!?

Yeah, when I got to Behemoth yesterday I thought it would much livelier and bursting with players. Unfortunately that isn't the case and I had a hard time partying up with people. Seems like the hype was shortlived :(

I'll be going back to ElSword next week after a year hiatus. They've added so much stuff to that game since I've been gone. Say what you want about ElSword but in that game I'd always find a quick party to do dungeon runs with in an INSTANT! Seems it's much more popular than DFO. It's also a great in its own right.

Astarte

The problem is that we have outdated exp tables so that we need to grind ghent/time gate even more...Oh boy I can't wait to go through ghent and time gate again with a fifth character.

I'm willing to do some Otherverse runs on Monday if anyone is up for it. I've been just hopping on every now and then so I don't burn myself out on one game too much. Evo is coming up and I entered 5 games, so I'm definitely in crunch mode ( I don't even know why I entered some games since I haven't played it in a while. According to some stats only 36 other people out of thousands are dumb enough like me to enter 5 games lol), so DFO is just something I play to do something else.

I also have a backlog of steam games I need to go through...

Do we really have outdated EXP tables? I know the difficulty and quest systems get overhauled, along with Ghent and Time Gate being changed too, but I never really thought that the EXP growth was much different. Then again I just never level anything in kDnF anymore, not even for events.
Man they should have just given us the overhauled systems. I don't see why they wouldn't. DFO isn't even updated character balance wise.

Talking OV, it definitely is a lot easier for the general population than before I'm noticing. I suppose it's that level 85 cap at work :D.

WarRock

Can't believe the day I'll be done with college stuff and able to play again is the same day that f.Slayer releases.

I'm never going to reach the level cap at this rate.

Astarte

I'm willing to do some Otherverse runs on Monday if anyone is up for it. I've been just hopping on every now and then so I don't burn myself out on one game too much. Evo is coming up and I entered 5 games, so I'm definitely in crunch mode ( I don't even know why I entered some games since I haven't played it in a while. According to some stats only 36 other people out of thousands are dumb enough like me to enter 5 games lol), so DFO is just something I play to do something else.

I also have a backlog of steam games I need to go through...

I can play on Monday, but my drive to play DFO has really diminished. I can just play DnF and not worry about other stuff ._.

Do we really have outdated EXP tables? I know the difficulty and quest systems get overhauled, along with Ghent and Time Gate being changed too, but I never really thought that the EXP growth was much different. Then again I just never level anything in kDnF anymore, not even for events.
Man they should have just given us the overhauled systems. I don't see why they wouldn't. DFO isn't even updated character balance wise.

Talking OV, it definitely is a lot easier for the general population than before I'm noticing. I suppose it's that level 85 cap at work :D.

Exp tables in terms of what we get in Ghent and Time Gate = w=
I'm not looking forward to the BOATS nerf though.

What time does anyone want to get some Otherverse runs in? Is anything past 6 pm est fine? Though if you guys are burned out that's fine lol.

Well that was a success with pubs, except the last run of ozma went weird when he was doing status effect phases out of the damage phase. Got nothing good though...

Top Bottom