• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dusk Golem: Resident Evil 9 is the biggest and most expensive game of the series

Roni

Gold Member
The castle and house were amazing, but everything after that was a chore and I just wanted it to end. I had the same problem with re7. Everything from the car ride up to the point where you get knocked out by the dad was great, but shortly after I checked out.
Basically, you enjoyed the demo?

Astral Dog

Well, yeah I kind of assumed it would be bigger and thus cost more money. It’s a sequel to a major AAA series. They gotta work hard to compete.

It’s like literally how every sequel is made. Don’t really see how this is newsworthy 🤷‍♂️.
its predictable but still a little interesting

Resident Evil 4 was a huge bet, wich lead to the smaller in scope but way more expensive RE5, then RE6 was overtly ambitious but was not as well recieved by fans and reviewers

RE7 was a proper survival horror game,big risk but seems it had a reasonable budget rather than going all out, it paid off for Capcom ,VILLAGE was an extension

After RE4 Remake, wich seems to be the peak in this new direction, makes you wonder what REIX is gonna be like 🤔 RE4Remake makes Village look small in comparison so they must have lots of confidence on this project if they did throw all that money in this,more action?still first person?third or both? We don't have any idea lol

Moses85

RE8 was really disappointing and all over the place despite the promising early hours. It really left me a sour taste and went all downhill after the Beneviento House (but the castle was already not as good as I had hoped).

I am very cautious about this follow up as a result
Was more like a Doom or CoD game at the end.

Only liked it till the Castle section

Famipan

I really loved the creative madness around RE7 and RE8 (Suspiria inspirations FTW!) but now most fans probably have given Capcom insight enough in surveys and RE2 and 4 sales alone that the fans prefer 3rd person.

But still I’m not sure myself. The suspense in 1st person has been great albeit not the Resident Evil we knew, and I would like to try VR someday but all in all it feels as if 1st person was something Sony happily paid Capcom for and that for forwards compatibility it’s better to go 3rd person (i.e. PSVR1 is not even supported on PSVR2)

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

The last time RE was the "most expensive" we've got Resident Evil 6, an action focused game.

It doesn't sounds good.

Last edited:

SHA

I thought 5 is the biggest meh in the series, 6 doesn't count, Chris is messed with his bad memory and Ada is 99% of the times a B.

RE8 I’ve grown to like more since my initial impressions of it when it came out; that being said it is a mixed bag. The exploration isn’t as complicated as classic RE games, while the combat is more limited than RE4/5. It ends up trying to do both styles and only gets each half right, when past games have already done these respective gameplay elements better.

For the next game they really need to pick a lane as to whether they wanna go classic RE style or RE4 action. Give me something like RE2R or RE4R but just stick with one style and polish it. That’s all I want.

skit_data

I assume thats just some fan made logo?
"RESIBENT EVIL"
Could've picked almost any one else of the letters and it would've looked better.

Edit: Ok, it seems to be made by the guy who posted it. Thank god.

Last edited:

FeralEcho

doesnt make sense considering they said the winters story is done with 8. so the arc is pretty much done. unless they really want to go after the last guy in the connections who is barely even mentioned. we even blew up the origin of the mold. what the hell else is there.
The father's story is done....

Barakov

Gold Member
resize

Dusk Golem’s findings were shared on Reddit by Talesofus, and point to Resident Evil 9 being a “closing chapter to the current ‘arc’ of the series.”They apparently went on to say it’ll have the;

There’s currently no word on when Resident Evil 9 is expected to launch, though an announcement is likely to pop up sometime next year.

Via GamingBible

Gu44wk1.jpg

Didn't someone say this about RE6?

StueyDuck

Please more human enemies and less fantasy monsters.

RE7 crazy people > RE8 vampire monsters
honestly, i'd love to see RE go full blown Paranormal, the stories are so profoundly stupid at this point that keeping up with lore shouldn't matter anymore.

i always think of Resi 3.5 or that early resi 4 footage with the hook ghost and the blimp and so on, seemed so interesting.

StueyDuck

Wasn't he that said "it's going to have werewolves" way back the announcement of 8?
yeah he was,

I think he is a chop and attention whore as much as everyone else does, but he's very clearly got a mate that works on resident evil at capcom.

as for anything else he has 0 knowledge and just wants attention.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
doesnt make sense considering they said the winters story is done with 8. so the arc is pretty much done. unless they really want to go after the last guy in the connections who is barely even mentioned. we even blew up the origin of the mold. what the hell else is there.

What do ya mean what else? The writer just invents a premise for a new conflict lol

manages ben affleck GIF

I've been there day 1 for every Resident Evil mainline release and this will be no different. Hope it's more like 7 than 8 except much grander and ambitious in scale, definitely sounds like CAPCOM is swinging for the fences 👌

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
yeah he was,

I think he is a chop and attention whore as much as everyone else does, but he's very clearly got a mate that works on resident evil at capcom.

as for anything else he has 0 knowledge and just wants attention.
Don't kill the message guy

peronmls

Just finished 8. Played in 3rd person. The gameplay was pretty engaging and the map pieces were great. The script is just awful though and I don’t care about any of the characters or what they have to say. It’s always basic CIA talk or basic emotional talk. I don’t believe what they feel. Idk. 7.9/10. Hopefully the script gets better but it seemed to be that way since RE5.

RagnarokIV

"RESIBENT EVIL"
Could've picked almost any one else of the letters and it would've looked better.

No mate, Capcom have gone for some extra ESG points and employed Sweet Baby to consult on the new Resident Evil.
it is indeed ResiBent Evil.

Chris comes out as gay and the first official bent character of the RE main cast. You join up with a task force of benders called S.B.A.R.S (Special Benders and Anus Respect Solders).

Last edited:
The last stretch, final boss and DLC of 8 were particularly fucking dreadful. I really hope they stop with the shotgun "something for everybody" approach that made 8 feel like an idea board that never came together and actually focus.

Also I hope they work on their damn controls and basic game feel. I don't want to have to control another sluggish sack of potatos with a FOV of 60 through herky-jerky bullet sponges. It made sense in RE2 Remake with nonstop claustrophobic corridors and all but it feels like shit in every other game since.

Diddy X

It's pretty obvious it's gonna be 1st person if it is the same arc which is a good thing for me, actually both 1st and 3rd person are good but for Winter's arc keep it first person.

For me 7 is one of the best games ever made, it won't get surpassed though as in horror when you go bigger you also go less scary, 8 was already bigger but just didn't feel as round as 7, looking forward to 9.

Shut0wen

Hopefully they kill off chris, sick of seeing him at this point, hopefully they also end the first person series and go back to third person

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Hmmm. Wasn’t that the case with RE6 previously and then they shit the bed massively ?

I really enjoy the remakes more due to third person but won’t lie 7&8 are great fun. I’d love if they fine tuned and allowed for both at launch. RE8 third person was apparently janky when they added it as dlc.

Nickolaidas

Resident Evil 8 is a weird thing. It's like they tried to cram numerous genres and ideas that had no relation to each other and the entire game felt off. I was also really distracted with the game's obsession to hide Ethan's face for no reason whatsoever, ESPECIALLY in the Shadow of Rose DLC which made no sense in the cutscenes.

Resident Evil 2, 3 and 4 were awesome games and I hope that RE9 will take notes from those games instead of RE8.

Also, Dusk is 100% legit in all RE things and I don't care what the shills of a particular plastic box say. I trust him.

Astral Dog

It's pretty obvious it's gonna be 1st person if it is the same arc which is a good thing for me, actually both 1st and 3rd person are good but for Winter's arc keep it first person.

For me 7 is one of the best games ever made, it won't get surpassed though as in horror when you go bigger you also go less scary, 8 was already bigger but just didn't feel as round as 7, looking forward to 9.
This is what i was thinking as well after VIII ending,there was going to be a first person trilogy ending the whole Connections lore

But it can go either way,because they also introduced BSAA as potential antagonist

I would be impressed if Capcom gives the biggest production budget in the series to first person though , i love RE7 but i never imagined it could become a trilogy, from what this sounds like,Chris would be one of the main protagonists again

yurinka

"RESIBENT EVIL"

Yes, it's a fan made logo.

And RE9 according to Capcom's leaked roadmap as of early 2020 RE9 wasn't in development and wasn't planned to be released before 2025 (adding the covid delay probably not planned to be released before 2026 either).

Capcom also said that the Winters arc ended in Village, so both this tweet and Dusk Gollem are lying.

Last edited:
Top Bottom