• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynamic Slash (Nintendo x Sandlot) announced for the Wii

robox

one of the best features of edf is the ongoing narrative fed to you by the transmissions of reports of the ravager invasion and the communications with HQ.

Being set in the middle ages, I was worried that we were gonna miss that feature with dynamic slash since they communicators didn't exist back then. but then my friend theorized that could be done if ye olde HQ employed wizards to communicate telepathically with your character.

thus, those bastards at HQ will still be able to tell you the mission is a failure and to pull out AFTER you've already dispatched all the invades and barely escaped with your life.

Or telling you stay put in the most dire of situations and that you're not getting any backup.

TreIII

That bit of footage made me smile already. It really is looking like an EDF-type of experience all over again.

Oh, I can't wait.... :D

ElFly

Black-Wind said:
http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/8604/peachflabbyrk0.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5525/ssxpeachti7.jpg
Taken from some EA sports games that featured Mario and friends.
(Pink thong shot)

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/9/1/1/911eb60f29b5fd92e8880ba29cacfaff.jpg
http://img31.exs.cx/img31/1697/peachflashingherthong7zb.jpg
(Pink Thong shot in tennis)

daisykw6.png

Strikers.

Anthan theres the "Peach Booty jiggle" cheat in one of the Mario Tennis games.

Yea . . .Nintendo likes ass in their Mario.

Daisy doesn't look that hot in-game, though.

daisy2.gif

Squeak

As someone who knows quite a bit about it, I'm intrigued to learn how this fits in with norse mythology.
For starters, the sword designs and the armor is all wrong (in fact they look like free imagination). I mean, it's not as if it's something that's hard to get right. Look in a book people.

Squeak said:
As someone who knows quite a bit about it, I'm intrigued to learn how this fits in with norse mythology.
For starters, the sword designs and the armor is all wrong (in fact they look like free imagination). I mean, it's not as if it's something that's hard to get right. Look in a book people.

I don't believe Sandlot is basing their credibility on the depictions of historical accuracy within their games.

Squeak

Dragona Akehi said:
I don't believe Sandlot is basing their credibility on the depictions of historical accuracy within their games.
But at least try a little! Or else just call it plain fantasy. Using Norse mythology as a way to promote it is just plain ridiculous. I'm not talking super accurate detail here, just in the same league as Okami was faithful to it's mythology.

The Hermit

Plz... this is coming from a developer which made a game about giant-ants invading hearth ...that could pilot space ships!

I still believe you´re being sarcastic...

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Squeak said:
But at least try a little! Or else just call it plain fantasy. Using Norse mythology as a way to promote it is just plain ridiculous. I'm not talking super accurate detail here, just in the same league as Okami was faithful to it's mythology.
have they promoted at all yet? looks to me more like Hellenistic Greek mythology than anything else. togas, titans, and whatnot.

Squeak

doomed1 said:
have they promoted at all yet? looks to me more like Hellenistic Greek mythology than anything else. togas, titans, and whatnot.
I'm just reading what the OP wrote. I don't speak japanese.
And no, it's not Mycenaean or Hellenistic either.

Squeak said:

As a fellow enthusiast, I understand what you're saying. However, I have learned to stop caring about the blatant lack of historical accuracy in games, unless the developer professes to be "staying true" to that civilisation and its mythology.

After all, there is no way it would have been possible for the game God of War to exist, were it to follow to the worldview of the ancient greeks.

hellclerk

Squeak said:
I'm just reading what the OP wrote. I don't speak japanese.
my bad, i was looking at the video, which was pretty poor in telling what was what. looks more like a modern Norse style. think colorful Tolkien. from there, all you need is something that mirrors the stories, not necessarily the style.

pulga

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:
As a fellow enthusiast, I understand what you're saying. However, I have learned to stop caring about the blatant lack of historical accuracy in games, unless the developer professes to be "staying true" to that civilisation and its mythology.

After all, there is no way it would have been possible for the game God of War to exist, were it to follow to the worldview of the ancient greeks.

I bet you love Too Human.

hellclerk

Dragona Akehi said:
Now, now. Let's not sully the thread.
indeed, no amount of "Norse" could possibly have saved that game. it was rotten before the story was even thought out...

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
There are a few devs that have shown they could do 1:1 controls before the Wii came out, and Sandlot was one of them. Robotic Alchemic Drive was years ahead of its time.

Top Bottom