• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E-Mails by Clinton Aides Show State-Foundation Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erevador

It has become clear that the Clinton foundation founded ISIS. Look, it is right there in the name "FOUNDation."

Open your eyes. Even the poorly educated can see it (I love the poorly educated). There's something going on, believe me.

Fat4all

Banned
It has become clear that the Clinton foundation founded ISIS. Look, it is right there in the name "FOUNDation."

Open your eyes. Even the poorly educated can see it (I love the poorly educated). There's something going on, believe me.

I knew that the Clinton Foundation was building a time machine the whole time.

MIMIC

Banned
Because I don't really live in a world where American politics is a magic shiny machine that runs on ethical purity. I admire Hillary Clinton because she gets shit done. And quid pro quo is a powerful tool for doing just that.

I think I'm going to be sick.

MIMIC

Banned
I think you might be shocked and appalled at, oh, every positive political accomplishment ever made.

I feel like I'm reading Citizens United. You can continue justify the political corruption that comes with quid pro quo by bringing up "political accomplishments", but the reality is that it just allows those with the most money to have the most influence. And an elected official shouldn't be bought. And if you want to be bought, do it on your own time.

Fat4all

Banned
I feel like I'm reading Citizen's United. You can continue justify the political corruption that comes with quid pro quo by bringing up "political accomplishments", but the reality is that it just allows those with the most money to have the most influence. And an elected official shouldn't be bought. And if you want to be bought, do it on your own time.

I'm sure you can prove that in this case, yes?

Zoggy

8t6SKJa.gif

lmaoo did he really say that?

props to bernie

Vice

I feel like I'm reading Citizens United. You can continue justify the political corruption that comes with quid pro quo by bringing up "political accomplishments", but the reality is that it just allows those with the most money to have the most influence. And an elected official shouldn't be bought. And if you want to be bought, do it on your own time.
Quid pro quo was an issue long before Citizen's United though. Friendship and promises are what propel politics and progress around the world. It is unfair that the wealthy can have so much influence but, eliminating "buying" of politicians in some way is impossible. It may be possible to minimize but relationships, influence and power inherently create some types of bias.

Blader

Shitty cronyism in politics is shitty, but I have a hard time seeing what policy repercussions giving do-nothing jobs to donors to your nonprofit has. It has no impact on anyone's lives. Not the least of which is because two of MIMIC's specific points never even happened!

You are. This whole "scandal" was brought to you by Citizens United.

Who do you think is best qualified to be the ambassador to Barbados?

Link

The Autumn Wind
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Angelina_Jolie&mobileaction=toggle_view_desktop#UNHCR_ambassadorship

In the following months, Jolie returned to Cambodia for two weeks and met with Afghan refugees in Pakistan, where she donated $1 million in response to an international UNHCR emergency appeal,[94][95] the largest donation UNHCR had ever received from a private individual.[96] She covered all costs related to her missions and shared the same rudimentary working and living conditions as UNHCR field staff on all of her visits.[92] Jolie was named a UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador at UNHCR headquarters in Geneva on August 27, 2001.
Clearly, the UN is corrupt and participating in disgusting pay to play practices. Shut it down!

MIMIC

Banned
There isn't enough deflection in the world that would make these events OK. Besides, I don't think I can remember the last time the FBI had to get involved after suspicious payment took place (of course it may have happened in the past, but I cannot recall). There's all of this whataboutism going on when clearly Clinton's behavior gives the impression of criminal activity. That's a big deal and deserves to be reported (of course, among many Clinton supporters, it's no biggie).

Nonetheless, it seems like the Clintons have finally relented and decided to stop receiving foreign and corporate donations to put a temporary stop of the pay for play (that or what looks to be pay for play):

The Clinton Foundation said Thursday it will not accept foreign or corporate donations if Hillary Clinton is elected president in November.

The decision comes amid intensifying scrutiny over the foundation's practices as Republicans use its connections to wealthy international players to attack Clinton's tenure as secretary of state. Bill Clinton also plans to cease giving paid speeches -- another move intended to prevent further accusations of cronyism.

And the Boston Globe even suggested it:

And on Tuesday, The Boston Globe published an editorial calling for the foundation to "remove a political -- and actual -- distraction and stop accepting funding."

[Bill Clinton spokesman Angel] Urena tweeted late Thursday that the Globe's editorial had "absolutely no bearing" on the foundation's decision.
CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom