• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 S-E FFXIV Q&A Thread

7Th

Square Enix recently added their press conference to the E3 2009 schedule, but what will they reveal? We're likely to see more on Final Fantasy XIII, but you can bet Square Enix isn't stopping there.

http://e3.g4tv.com/e32009/pressconferences/

I suppose we'll see solid information on XIII, XIV, an American release date for Dragon Quest IX and maybe, if we're lucky, some Versus XIII.

Besides, you know, Kingdom Hearts Wii.

Edit: Gamespot's Liveblog

Edit 2: Delayed 30 minutes, but have a stream.

Blablurn

Rema....

you know.

i'm expecting nothing. i just got my FF VII for PS3/PSP. I'm satisfied. Everything else is just a bonus for me.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
TheKingsCrown said:
There isn't even a Japanese release date for DQIX is there? Wasn't there a delay?

Yes, next month

Josh7289

Last I heard, there are no live streams; just live blogs, etc. for Square-Enix and Konami today.

Are there any more press conferences today or tomorrow?

Hobbun

TheKingsCrown said:
There isn't even a Japanese release date for DQIX is there? Wasn't there a delay?

Haven't heard about a delay. Last info I got was Japan gets it July 11th, I believe.

traveler

Not Wario
Any chance at a demonstration for a FFXIV or is it too early? I'm interested in knowing whether I should look at possibly jumping over to a Square MMO from WoW.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Crystal Bearers and I'm done.

I used to go against the idea of announcing KH3 so soon and without a team to make it but we have DQX before DQIX is released AND FFXIV before XIII is out, so whatever. BBS and VersusXIII won't stop them and certainly won't stop the console fanboys.

Firestorm

inner-G said:
Is there a live blog?

I just know the KH III PS3 announcement will be here or TGS. :D
You spelled Wii wrong. lole

That KH Wii thing yesterday makes me think they might announce it here... but I dunno, it's something I'd expect at the Nintendo conference. Not SE.

gkryhewy

Fuu said:
Crystal Bearers and I'm done.

I used to go against the idea of announcing KH3 so soon but we have DQX before DQIX is released AND FFXIV before XIII is out, so whatever. BBS and VersusXIII won't stop them and certainly won't stop the console fanboys.

I watched the Crystal Bearers trailer on the Nintendo Channel - looks surprisingly cool. Does that require motionplus now? Did I hear that right?

inner-G

Banned
Firestorm said:
You spelled Wii wrong. lole

That KH Wii thing yesterday makes me think they might announce it hear... but I dunno, it's something I'd expect at the Nintendo conference. Not SE.
I dunno, I've heard rumors that S-E would be showing 'a lot' of PS3 support soon (TGS prob.) and KH was not mentioned, but hinted at.

The FFXIV announcement made me believe that it may have some substance.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
gkrykewy said:
I watched the Crystal Bearers trailer on the Nintendo Channel - looks surprisingly cool. Does that require motionplus now? Did I hear that right?
As far as I know M+ isn't being used. Game is basically only pointer based too so it's not even needed.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
gkrykewy said:

It does not require motionplus.

traveler

Not Wario
1up says they are liveblogging it in their schedule but I don't see a link anywhere and the Gamespot one should have started by now- conference running late?

Volcynika

Hm, not sure what to expect from this! Maybe good things.

Sigma Harmonics localization. I'll never stop hoping! :(

Top Bottom