• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pastrami

Microsoft:
- Every AAA third party game is now exclusive to the XBox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft!
- Phil Spencer prepares two dozen gaming relate shirts. Auctions them off his body throughout the conference, raising $3 million for Child's Play.
- One more thing. Persona 5: XBox One Edition is coming exclusive to the XBox One!

Sony:
- Indie montage! First on consoles! You get an indie game, you get an indie game!
- Shuhei Yoshida falls asleep on stage. The crowd goes wild. Just kidding! Shuhei wasn't sleeping, he was just pulling our leg. Oh, that guy.
- One more thing. PS4 secret game not revealed.

Nintendo:
- New initiative. Nintendo Rewards. For $50 a year, you can become a subscriber! Perks include access to 3DS account activation and deactivation. Reward Nintendo your money today!
- New game. It's like Metroid, except with Mario!. New racing game...looks...oh my god...it can't be...is it?...could it be....F-Ze....no, it's Mario Racers 2333!
- One more thing. Fireworks! Except real this time! But we're indoors so it's just some sparklers instead. Please understand.

TheJoRu

- Animal Crossing Wii U announced for first half 2016.
- Pokken for Wii U early 2016, is December 2015 in Japan.
- Next Level Games making new IP for New 3DS. Early 2016.
- EAD Metroid 3DS, development support from Retro Studios. November 2015.

- Fallout 4 announced, albeit only through a teaser. 2016.
- Titanfall 2, March 2016.

Peru

For Nintendo it will be a bit of a quiet year, methinks, they will announce some Wii U and 3DS software and possibly something not quite game-related to capture the interest of the mainstream press. I was going to say they'd hint at new hardware being shown e3 2016 but that's not a great strategy so instead I'll guess that journalists will ask and Nintendo will just answer "we're working hard on upcoming hardware". I feel certain that at e3 2016 we will at least see a new handheld and maybe get a climpse at the symbiotic new handheld / console relationship.

2SeeKU

Bethesda
No Fallout 4 (Imagine the fan backlash after all this hype!)

Nintendo
New game only supported by the "new" 3DS (Twilight Princess?)

Microsoft
Mixed Halo announcements (MCC and Halo 5)

EA
Sports (About the only guarantee!)

I think Microsoft and Sony will go all out. Sony have loads brewing and Microsoft started a load of new studios a few years back that'll probably start bearing fruit.

Ya gotta believe!

I'm starting to wonder if all thoes new studios were just the AR glasses studios like LXP or fUNCTION...

Zelda U will be demoed and everyone will continue to try to disect the overworld, that is untill people start complaining that "it's too similar" as Zelda unlike every other series needs to be held up to a unbelievable standard where it's not allowed to keep any major aspects that people like without being called tired and overdone. Likewise, someone somewhere is gonna be mad about Link wearing a green tunic, which will cause more arguing.

Nintendo will push at least one game back and people will be mad.

Microsoft will have a few games that people like but will ultimately do something that makes everyone mad.

Sony will be the opposite.

MS:

• Opens with Treyarch Call of Duty demo, DLC comes first to Xbox, ect
    (Next, In no particular order)
  • New Battletoads announcement (with the original included ala Killer Instinct)... game is available after the conference.
  • Quantum Break demo, release date
  • Rise of Tomb Raider first footage/demo, release date
  • Forza 6 trailer, release date
  • Halo 5 first footage, release date. MS is also porting ODST (confirmed already) and Reach to be accessible through Halo MCC, release dates
  • New game with Skybox Labs (Halo Wars 2?)
  • Scalebound gameplay
  • Banjo-Kazooie teaser
  • Killer Instinct Season 3 teased, coming this fall
  • Twisted Pixel's new game
  • ID@Xbox sizzle reel, all games shown coming first to XB1
  • New Windows 10 Xbox LIVE announcements such as features, additional games available as cross play/buy, ect.
  • Star Wars Battlefront first footage, DLC comes first to Xbox
  • Gears 4 news closes out the show, releasing in 2016, teaser trailer, announcement that Gears Collection out this fall

Ahnez

Nintendo:

Zelda U trailer and release window
Pokemon Z reveal
Xenoblade X NA/EU release date
Star Fox U
Metroid anything

Sony:

PS4 price drop / 1-2TB model

SE:

Something new about Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3

Sony
-PS4 Bundles -- No Pricecut yet, possible 1tb HD
-Ratchet & Clank PS4 dated
-Uncharted 4 & SFV demos
-RIME, Witness & other Indys shown & possibly dated
-GR2 anounced
-Sony Bend game shown/teased (2016)
-Star Wars BF & Rainbow 6 exclusive stuff
-Bloodborne DLC
-MGS5, & FFXV Release date announced
-Batman Trailer
-Tearaway Unfolded Trailer
-Until Dawn Trailer
-No Man's Sky release date given
-Nathen drake collection shown
-Cod story trailer -PS has marketing and -exclusive stuff
-Show ends with Horizon (GG game) gameplay trailer -- 2016

Microsoft
-X1 Pricect (worldwide) $300
-Starts with Battletoads announcement
-New press play platformer
-New ip for twisted pixel
-Quantum Break Demo
-some sort of Indy game such as Below or Inside will be "available right after show"
-Forza 6 short GP Trailer (demo on floor) (September)
-Rise of the Tomb Raider shown (November?)
-Halo 5 Story demo + Halo bundle with Halo 5 + MCC
-Gears 1 Remastered (Late August/Early September)
-More Indys shown with one new promising exclusive Indy game highlighted.
-Talk about AR glasses & Minecraft
-Scalebound Gameplay (May 2016)
-No Crackdown showing (Big unveil next year with fall 2016 release)
-End with Gear of 4 teaser (Fall 2016) + Beta in December 2015

Nintendo
-Wii U pricecut $250
-Zelda Netflix show talk
-New 3DS games
-Star Fox shown (September)
-DMC trailer (August)
-Xenoblade demo (October)
-Super Mario Universe Unveiled (2016)
-Animal Crossing for Wii U (November)
-Diddy Kong Raceing anounced (Wii & 3DS 2016)
-Amiibo talk
-End with new Metroid game teased for Wii U (2016)

Microsoft:
Halo 5 campaign demo (release date September)
Banjo announced (2016)
Battletoads announced (downloadable game - 2015)
Crackdown mp demo with big destruction (spring 2016)
Quantum Break story trailer (fall 2015)
Forza 6 (fall 2015)
Gears collection (fall 2015)
Gears 4 trailer (fall 2016)
Mass Effect 4 premiered (DLC first on Xbox)
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Call of Duty
Unannounced stuff

Conspicuously missing:
Xbox HoloLens (the real HoloLens will be released first)
Fable Legends (on show floor)
Phantom Dust (Gamescom)
Scalebound (Gamescom)
Windows 10 on Xbox One (Gamescom)

aly

A whole lot of this: "That conference was a disappointment and didn't live up to artificial expectations I created for myself!"

Think this is the right answer. Especially the Sony conference expectations. People have you not learned that they don't usually go all out with a bunch of stuff at E3?

Loakum

Banned
I predict Konami will OWN this year's E3! I predict they will have a Silent Hills demo (that will be a 3rd person game), and I predict at the event they will finally announce a release date for MGSV The Phantom Pain! I also predict Uncharted 4 will show an amazing new demo...but then announce the game will be released in 2016. So to recap my 2015 E3 Predictions:

• Silent Hills demo (3rd person playable character)
  • Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain's 2015 release date
  • Uncharted 4 new demo, and 2016 release date
  • Fallout 4 trailer
  • The Last Guardian will be absent from E3 yet again
  • Microsoft will debut a demo for 2015's Call of Duty
  • Ubisoft will demo Assassin's Creed Victory, and The Division....hosted by Aisha Tyler
  • Mass Effect 4 will have a debut trailer
  • Deep Down will show new gameplay, still no release date
  • Capcom will surprise folks with footage of Resident Evil 7
  • Nintendo will have a live demo of the latest Legend of Zelda
  • Rockstar will have a new trailer of GTAV online heist also with a new single player story dlc...including a release date.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I see a lot of Gears Collection (2015), Gears 4 (2016) hopes. Are these just dreams or is there some kind of basis to these speculations?

It does make logical sense. But I just don't want to get my hopes up for my MP Game of The Forever to make a comeback. I would cry tears of joy.

Zukkoyaki

I see a lot of Gears Collection (2015), Gears 4 (2016) hopes. Are these just dreams or is there some kind of basis to these speculations?

It does make logical sense. But I just don't want to get my hopes up for my MP Game of The Forever to make a comeback. I would cry tears of joy.

Shinobi has dropped hints about some kind of Gears remaster or collection or something akin to that for the holiday season. As for the next entry, you answered your own question; it makes sense to tease what'll likely be their flagship game for 2016's holiday season. Plus upon acquiring the IP last January, Microsoft themselves said they estimate development time on the next game to be about 2.5 years so the timing works out as well.

Jigolo

Predictions time:

Xbox: Usher performance
Playstation: Wonderbook Returns, 10 min demo
Nintendo: Vitality Sensor U announced

-Fallout 4 with a fall 2016 release date.
-Titanfall 2 early 2016 most likely on frostbite 3/4
-Uncharted 4 with September release date.
-The Division and AC demoed with November/October release dates
-Cyberpunk 2077 with summer 2016 release date
-Ken Levienes new game revealed
-4A Games' new RPG revealed
-Watch_Dogs 2 revealed, fall 2016 release date.
-Doom 4 gameplay with release date
-loads of Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft stuff that I don't care about

Sony really need to get their 'show' sorted. There is lots of standing around with just a guy on stage talking. I don't think they've started on time any of the years I have watched.

Microsoft's on the other hand is quicker, more information is displayed on screen and feels more loaded with games.

ShamePain

Banned
Microsoft: Xbone's secret GPU is revealed, it's 390x that was hiding in the disc drive all along, directx12 applied through a system update right now, all released and future games support 4k@60fps. Misterxmedia is officially acknowledged by Phil Spencer himself, sonyponies can't handle the truth, GAF goes down for maintenance.

Floody

Bethesda
No Fallout 4 (Imagine the fan backlash after all this hype!)

I'd be lying if I said a small part of me doesn't wants that to happen, just to see the reaction. It'd be even better if they announce a Fallout MMO, that's basically just TES Online with a Fallout skin.

Sadly I don't think Bethesda would be that stupid and at the very least they'll do a small teaser.

Votron

What i'm most excited for.
katyperrycrycry.gif

that's one high quality gif

Ansatz

Amiibo RPG
Metroid 3DS (what else, they need a Q4 title for the system, maybe Mega Man 3DS??)
Metroid Prime 4 teaser trailer, 2016
Super Luigi 3D World (quick exp pack because they are preparing Mario 4DS launch day title)
Splatoon DLC (Nintendo themed content; Mario Sunshine arena, Link outfits, etc.)

Metal Gear Rising 2
Scalebound is obviously online multiplayer centered
Platinum is handling the story mode of Star Fox

Coolwhip

Banned
Nintendo: original presentation, Metroid Wii U, focus on Zelda, new game of an old IP we don't expect. New hardware tease would be awesome.

Sony/MS: more shooters, racers and cinematic games.

Three Safe Bets:
1. More Uncharted gameplay with news that it will be 60 FPS. After the show in an interview Naughty Dog will say that it will have a slightly prettier locked 30 FPS choice a la the Last of Us Remastered. A "boycott Naughty Dog #FPSlies" thread will be created and will produce a large profound shrug from 99% of Gaf.

2. Microsoft's one last thing is Gears of War, but like Crack Down, will be CG with no release info nor actual game details. Some website somewhere will have a stupid "has gaming outgrown the 'boy fantasies' of Gears of War" article that makes no one happy, but will get a lot of clicks.

3. Nintendo will have one "available now" stealth release of a Wii Eshop game. No matter how great it is or how many people will be happy with it, at least one "why didn't they release game X first" thread will hit Gaf within 5 minutes.

Three Reaching Bests:

1. Last Guardian is reintroduced as a PS4 game and is announced as Sony's first demo released on PSN at the same time the press gets to play it at E3. It is pretty good and really pretty, but every impressions thread will become shit within seconds thanks to "did not live up to hype/Sony wasted all their money" drive by posts.

2. Scalebound is shown and it looks... good. Turns out Microsoft's secret sauce is just having decent marketing and cool trailers. But no one will admit this and every thread about it devolves into "this will be GOAT, because Platinum are the greatest" or "looks like crap; must be their Airbender B team" back and forth. Most sane people looking for actual discussion will retreat to abandoned Wonderful 101 threads.

3. Just four words: Pokémon. On. WiiU. Boom. But it is just Eshop releases of all the Gameboy through DS titles. A new Pokémon for 3DS is announced, but every thread will turn into trying to find proof of a WiiU port of it coming. There is none.

blacklotus

Peter Moore takes the stage with a mic.

..."Mass Effect 4 starts 10 minutes before 3 ended".

*Drops mic* and walks off.

I take all my clothes and start running screaming through the neighoorhood, only to be arrested and released the day Mass Effect 3,5-4 comes out.

It's going to be glorious.

:(

HooYaH

Peter Moore takes the stage with a mic.

..."Mass Effect 4 starts 10 minutes before 3 ended".

*Drops mic* and walks off.

I take all my clothes and start running screaming through the neighoorhood, only to be arrested and released the day Mass Effect 3,5-4 comes out.

It's going to be glorious.

:(

Isn't the end of ME3 100 years after Rainbow Ending?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Microsoft:

- Rise of the Tomb Raider demo
- Crackdown 3 stuff
- Halo 5 single-player demo
- Fable 5
- Another RARE character is slapped on something unrelated just to piss off fans some more

Sony:

- Uncharted 4 demo/release date
- God of War 5 (?)
- Killzone
- Guerilla
- Media stuff nobody cares about
- Conference is 30 minutes/1 hour too long again

Nintendo:

- Zelda demo. Still 2015
- New Metroid
- Star Fox demo
- Smash DLC
- Wacky presentation
- Something that will piss everyone off

Bethesda:

- Fallout 4
- Doom
- Elder Scroll tease

Ramenman

The Division will cause much disappointment/uproar as its nothing like the original reveal.

I think we can pretty much all agree on that.

The fun part is, I never thought the game had anything going for it other than the pretty graphics (which were meant to be tentative considering the earliness), the demo in itself was kind of boring cover shoot action without intensity imo, and the concepts (mmorpg stuff whathaveyou) seemed pretty commonplace unless proved otherwise, so I'm not sure why everyone was so hype about this. I guess people do like their graphics right :D

weekev

Banned
The big question that noone has answered yet is will Ouya be in the parking lot again or has that space been taken by Oculus?

18-Volt

Sony
- ~20 minutes Morpheus show. Plays movies and some PS4 games. 700 dollars. Sony is working on VR exclusive movies.
- Guerilla's new PS4 game. Morpheus compatible. Dark Souls-esque action title.
- Insomniac's new PS4 game. Third person alien killing game. Morpheus compatible.
- Bend's new PS4 game. Survival horror. No mention Morpheus.
- Media Molecule's new PS4 game. 3D platformer builder. Morpheus compatible.
- Gravity Rush 1+2 PS2 exclusive. No Vita version.
- Quantic Dream's new game for PS4. Morpheus compatible, they've just started development. Just a teaser.
- Level-5's new J-RPG. PS4
- Sony Japan's spiritual successor to Wild Arms, PS4
- Tokyo Jungle 2 for PS4
- No Man's Sky is Morpheus compatible. October 2015.
- Uncharted 4 video. Amazing stuff.
- ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR VITA LOL

Nintendo
- Fire Emblem If, FE Wii U and Fire Emblem amiibo series.
- 3DS swan songs: Warioware, Rhythm Heaven, Mario & Luigi 5. Everything for 2015.
- More New 3DS ports: Twilight Princess, Last Story.
- New 3DS gets GBA and DS VC, both cross buy with Wii U.
- Donkey Kong Racing features old Rare characters. DK amiibo series. Wii U, 2016
- Nintendo salvaged Del Toro's Insane and Disney's Star Wars 1313. Both for Wii U, 2016
- Pokkén Tournement Wii U 2016. Pokkén Fighters amiibos. works with arcade version too.
- Fire Emblem Musou Wii U. Compatible with amiibos. Add new characters. 2016.
- New Legend of Zelda and Star Fox trailers. Both slated for 2015 fall. No amiibos for those. Project giant robot named and it's coming to Wii U this fall.
- Finale: Next Nintendo handheld. 2016 launch. Wii U Zelda and StarFox are also coming to this handheld too. Couple surprise announcements.
- No QOL, Nintendo is keeping it for a better occasion.
- No Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Splatoon as they are dated or released prior to E3.

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
Sony
- ~20 minutes Morpheus show. Plays movies and some PS4 games. 700 dollars. Sony is working on VR exclusive movies.
- Guerilla's new PS4 game. Morpheus compatible. Dark Souls-esque action title.
- Insomniac's new PS4 game. Third person alien killing game. Morpheus compatible.
- Bend's new PS4 game. Survival horror. No mention Morpheus.
- Media Molecule's new PS4 game. 3D platformer builder. Morpheus compatible.
- Gravity Rush 1+2 PS2 exclusive. No Vita version.
- Quantic Dream's new game for PS4. Morpheus compatible, they've just started development. Just a teaser.
- Level-5's new J-RPG. PS4
- Sony Japan's spiritual successor to Wild Arms, PS4

- Tokyo Jungle 2 for PS4
- No Man's Sky is Morpheus compatible. October 2015.
- Uncharted 4 video. Amazing stuff.
- ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR VITA LOL

Nintendo
- Fire Emblem If, FE Wii U and Fire Emblem amiibo series.
- 3DS swan songs: Warioware, Rhythm Heaven, Mario & Luigi 5. Everything for 2015.
- More New 3DS ports: Twilight Princess, Last Story.
- New 3DS gets GBA and DS VC, both cross buy with Wii U.
- Donkey Kong Racing features old Rare characters. DK amiibo series. Wii U, 2016
- Nintendo salvaged Del Toro's Insane and Disney's Star Wars 1313. Both for Wii U, 2016
- Pokkén Tournement Wii U 2016. Pokkén Fighters amiibos. works with arcade version too.
- Fire Emblem Musou Wii U. Compatible with amiibos. Add new characters. 2016.
- New Legend of Zelda and Star Fox trailers. Both slated for 2015 fall. No amiibos for those. Project giant robot named and it's coming to Wii U this fall.
- Finale: Next Nintendo handheld. 2016 launch. Wii U Zelda and StarFox are also coming to this handheld too. Couple surprise announcements.
- No QOL, Nintendo is keeping it for a better occasion.
- No Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Splatoon as they are dated or released prior to E3.

This. We need JRPG's at E3. But tbh I highly doubt they'll show them there. Not enough mass appeal.

blakep267

Pretty sure MS already have a marketing deal with The Division, I like your predictions though.
Yea MS has the division marketing deal. Sony probably will get Rainbow 6 though.

Anyway for MS, in predicting that they will show off Forza 6 and Fable Legends sometime before E3 so tgose wouldn't make the show. Anyway

- start with Black ops 3
- a tomb raider footage
- tomb raider and COd holiday bundles( although it may be saved for later)
- brief halo 5 SP stuff. Maybe another mp beta
-Assasins creed victory showing
- division showing
- scalebound
- Crackdown
- Quantum break
- ID@xbox showcase
- tease rares new game
- 1 new 2016-17 game. Cgi trailer
- I don't think we'll see phantom dust
- end with a gears 4 teaser

With this. We will have seen the rest of 2015 lineup and 4-5 2016 and beyond games

Also maybe a 299 drop. Though it may be saved for fall

zeromcd73

US sold more PS4s in December alone than Japan's LTD. They know that in order to make their investment back, they need JRPG starved North America to be on board (much like with Ninokuni).
Level 5 were recruiting last year for a huge open world game project. Guessing this will be that title.

Can't wait to see what they show at E3.

zeromcd73

That sounds great, but to be honest, anything from them on current gen would get me excited^^ (secretly wishing for Nino2ni or Dark Cloud 3)
I don't think we will get either NinoKuni 2 or Dark Cloud 3. Level 5 are really big on pushing new IP, so I wouldn't expect either.

That and Ni no Kuni didn't do very well on PS3 in Japan which is a pretty good reason for them to drop it. And Studio Ghibli is currently on hiatus trying to figure out what to do now that Miyazaki is gone makes it even less likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom