• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think EA has a strong chance to win it for me this year... if we get actual Mirrors Edge, Battlefront and MASS EFFECT gameplay.

Unless we get Fallout gameplay and not some CG trailer from Bethesda then it's GG everyone.

LUobtRNl.jpg

Sagroth

EA will win it for me if the they show some Mass Effect 4 gameplay as well as if the Visceral Star Wars game looks good.

Bethesda will win it for me with some Fallout 4 gameplay and Dishonored 2.

Square probably won't convince me even with Kingdom Hearts 3 gameplay.

And the only way Ubisoft has a chance with me is with a new Beyond Good and Evil 2 trailer.

So what if multiple of these happen? I'll probably have a heart attack or something.

I doubt that the Visceral Star Wars game is there. They have Battlefront to promote. Biowares StarWars game wont be there either IMO

But we know how they like to announce these games far off so its quite likely but I don't think it will happen. The earliest this will get announced is Gamescom or VGX with Fall 2016 window

And Biowares Star Wars has more of a chance to be there than Visceral imo.

Sagroth

DICE, Visceral and Bioware were said to be working on Star Wars games when EA got the license.

Unless they meant The Old Republic.

If Bioware is in fact working on a new non-MMO Star Wars game, and EA has something to show of it other than concept art(god I hated that nonsense last E3), I will lose my mind.

All those other folks who said they were most looking forward to the EA conference out of all of them may very well have been on to something(though Bethesda could still win it for me).

Please don't disappoint me like you did last year, EA.

E3 2015 uh....can't wait. (Just in time to for the coming madness)

Personally, i just want to see if Tom Clancy:The Division will be shown with more information on closed/open beta (if there is one) and maybe even a little Beyond Good and Evil love from Ubisoft finally.To go with a health dose of Mass Effect 4 from EA and something surprising from some other studio known or unknown. Regardless everything else will be icing on the cake like its always been. Just hope E3 has some haymakers this year because last year was pretty good.

Give me now

Wait what?? Bioware working on Star Wars.. hype escalating. Need to find out if this is true.

This sound really bad, but with their Shadow Realm or whatever game having been canned, I hope they did so to have them work on a new Starwars RPG. Doesn't even have to be the old Republic, just a good story driven RPG would make me very happy^^

Ushay

This sound really bad, but with their Shadow Realm or whatever game having been canned, I hope they did so to have them work on a new Starwars RPG. Doesn't even have to be the old Republic, just a good story driven RPG would make me very happy^^

Shadow Realms was scrapped? That's good news I guess. Frees up the 3rd team to do Jade Empire!

le-seb

So, no love for jeff_rigby's predictions, here?

Let me be this man:
- Sony announces Ultra HD Blu-ray support is coming to the PS4 through a firmware upgrade

Asd202

If Bioware is in fact working on a new non-MMO Star Wars game, and EA has something to show of it other than concept art(god I hated that nonsense last E3), I will lose my mind.

All those other folks who said they were most looking forward to the EA conference out of all of them may very well have been on to something(though Bethesda could still win it for me).

Please don't disappoint me like you did last year, EA.

What if the Bioware new IP the old Mass Effect team is working on is Star Wars related?
:)

Euron

Ok so if the rumors are true we're getting:

Fallout 4 (guaranteed in some form at least)
Banjo Threeie (hopefully)
The Last Guardian (lol)
Paper Mario U (I don't know what to believe anymore)

This would actually be the greatest E3 ever. Please let even half of this list be true at the very least.

Edit: Plus Mass Effect 4

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
DICE, Visceral and Bioware were said to be working on Star Wars games when EA got the license.

Unless they meant The Old Republic.

I could see that wording going either way -- MMOs do develop over time, which is what they could have meant with BioWare since they'll continue to work on it, but I do think a new, non-MMO Star Wars game from them does seem like a strong possibility. It probably wouldn't be Old Republic related, but rather it would most likely be connected to the new canon. EA wins E3 if this is even just confirmed.

cjp

So, no love for jeff_rigby's predictions, here?

Let me be this man:
- Sony announces Ultra HD Blu-ray support is coming to the PS4 through a firmware upgrade

Isn't Ultra HD Blu-ray 'just' a new encoding standard that retains the hardware?

I thought it needed new hardware?

Despite the rather similar naming, Ultra HD Blu-ray (UHDBR) is not backwards compatible with existing Blu-ray players—but new UHDBR players will support original Blu-ray discs. I'm sure the first UHDBR players will be exceedingly expensive, just like the initial Blu-ray players.

http://arstechnica.co.uk/gadgets/20...nfirmed-4k-at-high-frame-rates-10-bit-colour/

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I thought they required an all new laser format to read the discs? OR am I wrong?

I thought it needed new hardware?

I don't know. A new codec would make most existing Blu-ray players incapable of playing the new disks too. Conversely, consoles are powerful enough to decode footage with a software decoder.

le-seb

I thought they required an all new laser format to read the discs? OR am I wrong?
No, no 'new' laser format.

The UHD-BD physical discs simply hold up to three layers instead of two, and each layer holds 33 GB instead of 25.
Focusing the laser beam on the 3rd layer is something any modern optical drive should already be able to do, and the capacity expansion is simply the result of using a better error correction algorithm, so it's software only.

The new standard requires the use of the H.265/HEVC codec, HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0, though.
The codec and copy protection stuff shouldn't really be a problem to add purely from software upgrades.
Upgrading the console's output port from HDMI 1.x to HDMI 2.0 through a simple firmware upgrade may be a bit more touchy, though, but it's not totally out of question since Sony uses a custom HDMI chip in the console and may have designed it to be upgradeable.

Sony being a founder member of both the HDMI Forum and the Blu-ray Disc Association, there's hope they were perfectly aware of the changes coming mid-term to these norms while designing the PS4, and have kept the hardware open enough to be upgraded through software.

That's one of many jeff_rigby's threads on the matter summed up for you.
Just believe.

cjp

I don't know. A new codec would make most existing Blu-ray players incapable of playing the new disks too. Conversely, consoles are powerful enough to decode footage with a software decoder.

No, no 'new' laser format.

The UHD-BD physical discs simply hold up to three layers instead of two, and each layer holds 33 GB instead of 25.
Focusing the laser beam on the 3rd layer is something any modern optical drive should already be able to do, and the capacity expansion is simply the result of using a better error correction algorithm, so it's software only.

The new standard requires the use of the H.265/HEVC codec, HDCP 2.2 and HDMI 2.0, though.
The codec and copy protection stuff shouldn't really be a problem to add purely from software upgrades.
Upgrading the console's output port from HDMI 1.x to HDMI 2.0 through a simple firmware upgrade may be a bit more touchy, though, but it's not totally out of question since Sony uses a custom HDMI chip in the console and may have designed it to be upgradeable.

Sony being a founder member of both the HDMI Forum and the Blu-ray Disc Association, there's hope they were perfectly aware of the changes coming mid-term to these norms while designing the PS4, and have kept the hardware open enough to be upgraded through software.

That's one of many jeff_rigby's threads on the matter summed up for you.
Just believe.

Very interesting. Thanks guys.

Pudge

isn't there any E3 gif topic open yet?

here we go:

batphilvsuperkazo1sdt.gif

In this scenario, PC is Darkseid watching idly by from his own little world and calculating his next move.

Nintendo is Mister Mxyzptlk because no one knows when he'll pop up and change the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom