• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk2025

No I believe Sony Santa Monica is doing that just like ND did TLOU R. I might be wrong though.

I believe SSM is doing GoWIII:R in-house, and Bluepoint is doing the UC trilogy.

Cool, thanks guys.

I have full trust in Bluepoint. Hell, they might even make some tweaks to Uncharted 1's gameplay to make it more in line with the sequels.

Hope this rumor holds water.

I can't be the only one excited by the idea of a new Splinter Cell, right?
I would be extremely excited. Blacklist was a fantastic return to form after the underwhelming Conviction.

NO MORE OPEN WORLD PLEASE! I'm getting fatigue

1. The Witcher 3
  2. Batman: Arkham Knight
  3. MGSV: The Phantom Pain
  4. Rise of the Tomb Raider ( kinda but it has like 2x bigger hubs than last time)

Revven

Cool, thanks guys.

I have full trust in Bluepoint. Hell, they might even make some tweaks to Uncharted 1's gameplay to make it more in line with the sequels.

Hope this rumor holds water.

I dunno, I think UC1 having its own distinct feel mechanically is fine. Even if it's "outdated" and feels kinda bad to go back to you can very much adjust to it no problem. Plus, well, the game was designed around those "outdated" mechanics. But I wouldn't complain if they changed it so long as it still preserves its difficulty compared to the other two games. At very least they have to change the grenade throwing... motion controls for that were SO arbitrary -- oh and the 'balancing' on the tree stuff also needs to just be removed, pointless motion controls lol. Those two things I would be completely OK with them changing -- the shooting mechanics though... is when I'm kinda iffy.

If they should update anything about UC1 it should be Drake's in-game animations (climbing, shuffling, walking, jumping, running, etc). Since they're likely going to be shooting for 60 FPS the animations are going to have to be changed somewhat anyway, I'd imagine.

But this is a little OT lol.

Mikey Jr.

PS4 conference:

-No Uncharted 4. We just saw it at psx. Expect to see it there again. It is still roughly a year away.

-Persona 5 will be there. I think they should push this series in the West, so saving it for TGS would be a massive mistake.

-Ni no kuni 2. Level 5 WILL be there, ni no is my best guess/wish.
Please God

-Kh3 gameplay demo. There was some KH event a few months ago that had brand new KH gameplay only attendees got to see. I expect that.

-Guerilla will show off Horizon. I kinda expected this for gamescom, but since no gamescom, it'll be here instead. No gameplay, just trailer.

-God of War 4 is pretty much a lock. I expect this to end the conference.

-Sucker Punch's new game. Will only be a trailer.

-Bloodborne dlc? Might be way too early.

-Uncharted collection. No idea what games will be in this. Can't be just uc1 as that one would be pretty barebones and early looking. Would it be just uc2? But then they skip Uc1? I have no idea how this collection looks. I have a hard time believing all 3 will be there. Seems the trend lately has been 1 game.

-Battlefront gameplay obviously.

-Other shit.

Honestly, I expect Sony to hold back a lot of stuff for PSX. What I think will be at PSX instead of E3.

-Media Molecules new game

-Sony Bend's new game

-Horizon gameplay

-Uncharted 4

-Gran Turismo 7

-Sucker Punch gameplay

hawk2025

Yeah, if PSX was about showing the true gameplay of Uncharted 4, then E3 will be about a massive setpiece and a more story-oriented trailer.

Liamc723

Uncharted collection. No idea what games will be in this. Can't be just uc1 as that one would be pretty barebones and early looking. Would it be just uc2? But then they skip Uc1? I have no idea how this collection looks. I have a hard time believing all 3 will be there. Seems the trend lately has been 1 game.

Why do you doubt it'll be all 3 games?

FluxWaveZ

-Persona 5 will be there. I think they should push this series in the West, so saving it for TGS would be a massive mistake.

It won't be saved for TGS regardless because we're getting new Persona 5 info only a week after E3, and that will presumably be the true start of the game's marketing push. But yeah, it would be an unfortunate miss for P5 to not be present in an important way.

I doubt Bluepoint is doing UC collection, they're already working on two projects: "highly-acclaimed franchise" remaster for PS4/XB1, and a handheld game remaster (possibly PS4 only)

I don't think they're big enough to handle 3 projects.

The job description says

Help us remaster a highly-acclaimed franchise on a current generation platform.

The listing for both consoles likely just means that they're looking for people that have worked on current gen platforms in general.

BY2K

Membero Americo
No Uncharted 4 at the Sony stage?

LMgkS9j.gif

Not only is it gonna be there, it's gonna get the longest demo of any game at the Sony Conference.

GeoramA

NO MORE OPEN WORLD PLEASE! I'm getting fatigue

1. The Witcher 3
  2. Batman: Arkham Knight
  3. MGSV: The Phantom Pain
  4. Rise of the Tomb Raider ( kinda but it has like 2x bigger hubs than last time)
-I wish The Witcher 3 was bigger.
-I can't wait to cruise Gotham in the Batmobile.
-MGS in an open-world makes perfect sense. So many places to hide/sneak.
-Exploring the open environments in TR 2013 was the best part of that game.

Fatigue? Nah. Doing meaningless sidequests in DA: Inquisition...that was fatigue.

GnawtyDog

Banned
The person who thinks UC3 MP was garbage. Which it was.

UC2 MP only with transfer stats but that's unlikely :(

No it wasn't. Your preference for one or the other doesn't make it garbage but sure lets be hyperbolic cause it's cool and hip - except it's not, just a way to prop op an opinion.

-I wish The Witcher 3 was bigger.
-I can't wait to cruise Gotham in the Batmobile.
-MGS in an open-world makes perfect sense. So many places to hide/sneak.
-Exploring the open environments in TR 2013 was the best part of that game.

Fatigue? Nah. Doing meaningless sidequests in DA: Inquisition...that was fatigue.

Don't get me wrong I like open world games its just the boring ass side quests that do my head in and the grinding . I'll probably enjoy them all but its getting a bit much. I want some more cinematic linear experiences. It's one of the reasons I loved the order.

chadskin

Honestly, I expect Sony to hold back a lot of stuff for PSX. What I think will be at PSX instead of E3.

I expect them at PSX to heavily focus on Morpheus and its launch games, given that Morpheus is set to launch in early 2016 and PSX is also purely for consumers while E3 is mainly a media/industry event. You can have journalists write about Morpheus all day but letting the dedicated PS crowd try it out at an event is going to spread the word much better.

For E3 they'll be firing on all cylinders, it's without a doubt the biggest, most watched gaming event all year.

Not only is it gonna be there, it's gonna get the longest demo of any game at the Sony Conference.

I don't know if I'll be able to resist watching this. I think I should avoid it, though. I mean, remember Uncharted 3's chateau section?
It featured Drake navigating this immense conflagration, dispatching enemies, evading flames, etc.
It was spectacular, but it's also precisely the kind of thing that is best left as a surprise when you sit down and actually play the game. There is no paucity of impressive set pieces in that game, but I still would have preferred to have not seen anything related to the chateau beforehand. When I arrived at that area in Uncharted 3,
I was like, "oh yeah, this area; it's going to be set ablaze really soon..."

I think I've seen enough of Uncharted 4. My purchase is already guaranteed. The same applies to the next Zelda. I'm not even really disappointed that the latter isn't going to be at this year's E3 because I probably wasn't going to watch any of the footage. There seems to be a deluge of Yoshi's Woolly World impressions and videos out there now and I'm doing my best to avoid all of that, too.

I'll check out the first bits of footage and screenshots of newly announced games, but other than that, I'm making a concerted effort to curtail my exposure to prerelease media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom