• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this E3 I think Sony will show a lot of promises, games that are going to be released 2016-2017 or even 2018, and that is how they are going to "win" (at least in neogaf). MS will show games that are comming this year and also 2016 and maybe one from 2017.

6696190.gif

Good to see Verendus back and as crazy as ever. Always livens things up without going all out with obvious hint's and leaks. I respect his attitude of always trying to balance the hype with realism. The best kind of 'insider'.

I like Verendus. He seems to have been born from hype like I. There is no such better feeling than hype and when you are born with it...you feel it, surging through your veins like electricity surging through a telephone line.

Depends, it would only take one or two big spectacular AAA reveals to out-hype Halo and Forza, and even Gears.

Let's face it, Halo 4 did little to prevent the PS3s eventual climb on top of the 360 worldwide, and a lot to erode the hype for the series amongst the general public. The MP beta has been out for months now and it's reception has been pretty mixed.

Forza may deserve it but it still doesn't command the hype of a GT game, again, amongst the general public.

A new Gears would be big for a lot of people but let's say Horizon turns out to be something really special, and we get a couple of other reveals big and small... There's no clear winner in that scenario.

Yes, it could take one or two AAA reveals from Sony...but realistically, would any of those come out this year? I highly doubt it...and yes, I could be wrong!

Xbox One has the momentum going forward this year...but will most likely lose it as the new year comes, because then Uncharted 4 is near, plus whatever is revealed will be that much closer. Did Sony drop the ball with exclusives this year? Pretty much, yes...but thats not honestly a bad thing in the long run.

The Sony install base is almost double anyways, worldwide...that position wont change anytime soon. They will always sell, and lead globally, for the rest of this generation. Even if Xbox overtakes in the US by end of year, or mid next year...its not "hurting" Sony. Although, i find it more likely, this generation is always going to be close between the two, here in the US.

sense

In this E3 I think Sony will show a lot of promises, games that are going to be released 2016-2017 or even 2018, and that is how they are going to "win" (at least in neogaf). MS will show games that are comming this year and also 2016 and maybe one from 2017.
Lmao this guy

Im guessing its going to be pretty much a given, that this year at E3, Xbox will have the better conference. Now, yes, this is all subjective...but when the gaming sites are going to say who won...they will say "microsoft".

Halo, Gears, and Forza plus whatever new IP's they will unveil this year, are such a strong driving force in the game market...and yes, E3 is in the US, so this is not a global win...but as perception globally will be noted.

Sony does and will have a strong line up of games, there are all the multiplats, regardless of who co-markets/pays for timed exclusivity/ or dlc...that will sell the system, and the One''s too.

The biggest "win" for Sony, this year...Im gonna guess its going to be a price drop...hopefully to 299.00, but most assuredly to 349.00, with holiday bundles easily hitting the 299.00 level, and maybe even a bit lower.

This isnt saying that Sony will start performing lower in the NPD's, its just my opinion on how this E3 is going to play out...and im putting it in words!
Halo, gears and forza are huge, but they lack the excitement of freshness. We know they are coming and that they will look, play and feel like halo, gears and forza. Same goes for uncharted or whatever. Next episodes of 100% defined franchises.
We won't get a cell-shaded gears, we won't get a turn-based uncharted. It will be same same, just better looking.
I want surprises. I want new stuff.

_Ryo_

There is always hope for a good adventure game. The genre is not dead, just shrinked.
Shenmue - forget it. How come that so many believe this will ever happen.

Because we know for a fact that Sony tried to secure Shenmue HD,
If not for a licensing issue with an game engine, I 100% believe this would have happened.

I'm not asking for Shenmue III here, that's crazy talk.

You really seem hellbent on proving that Microsoft will win E3. That's fine that you feel this way, but don't lump neogaf together as an unified group. There are always varying opinions on E3. Also, your estimates on game releases are just bullocks.

HORRORSHØW

like what MS did at last year's E3 with scalebound, phantom dust, crackdown, etc? sony too™

Yes, it could take one or two AAA reveals from Sony...but realistically, would any of those come out this year? I highly doubt it...and yes, I could be wrong!

Xbox One has the momentum going forward this year...but will most likely lose it as the new year comes, because then Uncharted 4 is near, plus whatever is revealed will be that much closer. Did Sony drop the ball with exclusives this year? Pretty much, yes...but thats not honestly a bad thing in the long run.

The Sony install base is almost double anyways, worldwide...that position wont change anytime soon. They will always sell, and lead globally, for the rest of this generation. Even if Xbox overtakes in the US by end of year, or mid next year...its not "hurting" Sony. Although, i find it more likely, this generation is always going to be close between the two, here in the US.

Yeah I agree with all that.

These are basically all of Microsoft's big guns though, and one of them is being piloted by a developer that has not exactly been shown to deliver so far.

That's not a great position to be in for the rest of the gen, especially if you can't afford to moneyhat 3rd party exclusives anymore.

I think you're right and that MS will maintain a close margin in the US for ~12 months but the second half of the generation I think they are in danger of seriously running out of steam as those big guns lose their appeal and there are no top class first party studios to provide new ones.

Ultimately I don't think this will bother the company as a whole very much as there is probably very little desire amongst the top dogs to continue the Xbox project beyond this generation anyway. At least not in it's current form.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm more the kind of person who will lie to you to lower your expectations, than someone who will tell you the truth to raise them, even if if they're worth raising. Psychology. You can't trust me, man.

I FREAKING KNEW IT.

1st party? Yes
3rd party? There is no 3 games more hype than Persona 5, Disgaea 5 and Dragon Quest Heroes.

I agree with you on Persona 5, I am plenty hyped for that game...as for the other two...meh. Disgaea I will skip, I only played the first two back in the day, and have never gone back, I think simply, I have lost interest in those types of games.

Dragon Quest Heroes...I am mildly interested in, but I have never played that type of game before, because they have always looked so repetitive...but I will say, my interest has grown as of late...I just "might" check it out. I might have to rent Hyrules Warriors first, to see how that one plays, and if I enjoy it...then I will most likely get DQ Heroes too.

Chobel

Did Verendus just troll us all?

LMAO!!!

Microsoft showed a 2016 Game in 2013 (Quantum Break). Their 2014 highlights where CGI trailers for games that no longer exists (Phantom Dust) or had no chance of being anything other than 2016/27 games (Crackdown 3/Scalebound/Inside). Is their any logical reason for your role reversal, or just tales from your butt?

I agree with you on Persona 5, I am plenty hyped for that game...as for the other two...meh. Disgaea I will skip, I only played the first two back in the day, and have never gone back, I think simply, I have lost interest in those types of games.

Dragon Quest Heroes...I am mildly interested in, but I have never played that type of game before, because they have always looked so repetitive...but I will say, my interest has grown as of late...I just "might" check it out. I might have to rent Hyrules Warriors first, to see how that one plays, and if I enjoy it...then I will most likely get DQ Heroes too.

DQ heroes is more rpg tower defence than hyrule warriors so you wont really be getting the same experience. You're better off reading impressions and watching gameplay. Theres a gaf import OT you can find for some impressions.

Microsoft showed a 2016 Game in 2013 (Quantum Break). Their 2014 highlights where CGI trailers for games that no longer exists (Phantom Dust) or had no chance of being anything other than 2016/27 games (Crackdown 3/Scalebound/Inside). Is their any logical reason for your role reversal, or just tales from your butt?

Exactly, I think Sony will do that at this conference

Verendus

Banned
New post, since I wrote more than I thought.

Here we go:
JRPG #1
JRPG #2
JRPG #3
JRPG #4
JRPG #5
New Shadow Hearts
Final Fantasy spin-off RPG
New SE console RPG IP
Final Fantasy X spin-off
FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
Square Enix crossover game
New Parasite Eve
Monster Hunter PS4
DMC5
New Capcom TPS IP (Because we need more TPS)
New EA IP
New Ubisoft IP
New Prince of Persia
New Naval RPG
New Cyberpunk Action/Adventure/RPG IP
New Sega Action/Adventure IP
New Marvel Action/Adventure title
New Soul Calibur
New Rockstar IP
This is my wishlist from a while back. I've deleted games off it that I've talked about being in development in the past, and titles that people already know are in development (MM's new IP, GG's new IP, Gran Turismo etc.).

Here's the truth about this wishlist, when I posted it, about half of these games were probably going to show up at E3. Hence why I said in the post that I'll like E3 if even half of them show up. Now here's the thing, forget that. The when doesn't matter now. And that post is now meaningless with that kind of statement since I know what's happening generally, and the number doesn't fit due to some changes.

Instead, here's what I can tell you. All of the list is true, except for two games, which I can't vouch for. One of those games is actually coming to Nintendo, but that's second hand information, and I don't really know about it. The other hasn't even entered pre-production, and SCE is in talks about possibly getting something done with it. We'll have to see about that. But even without those two (and I won't say which two those are since if I do, I confirm something I don't want to), there's still a lot here.

I'll start you off. JRPG1 and JRPG2, which I've talked about several times, don't need any elaboration. You'll know both soon enough. JRPG3 is in pre-production at the moment, and is something that should appeal to fans. This will be announced in 2016, at the earliest, I would assume. They've only just started picking things up this year. JRPG4 is much further away. This will be a more significant title, but you're not hearing about this anytime soon. This is towards the end of the generation. JRPG5 is similar to a title that you already know about. Also, a late generation title.

That's your Sony exclusive JRPGs which SCEJ/A is going to be involved in some shape or form over the next five years. Nice, isn't it? I don't think you have to worry about any of them being cancelled. But don't expect to hear of the latter three anytime soon, but I'm sure it'll look more believable once JRPG1/JRPG2 are announced since those are up first, and hey, we're not that far now.

To ruin some SE stuff.

FF7 spin-off. Real. Not AAA, but it'll be good. No one is going to complain. Current gen. Square Enix crossover is PS4 exclusive. I don't mean Musou. New Parasite Eve is pretty straightforward. A new PE game.

Monster Hunter PS4, I think I was caught by Chobel in January when I posted it, and edited it. But it's been leaked from the looks of it anyway. That's your upcoming MH PS4 game. However, it's not the only one. SCEJ/A has been discussing with Capcom about bringing more Monster Hunter to PS4 for a while, and for the most part, the only thing I can say is things are looking pretty good on that front. Please be excited. Although, check your expectations a little if you're expecting some massive effort. We're just fitting in what exists, rather than trying to create something new.

The new Naval RPG is a western game. Big publisher, big budget. And I think that's about enough.

All sounds like bullshit, doesn't it? That's good. If it sounds too believable, it'd be no fun.

Ishida

Banned

Here we go:

This is my wishlist from a while back. I've deleted games off it that I've talked about being in development in the past, and titles that people already know are in development (MM's new IP, GG's new IP, Gran Turismo etc.).

Here's the truth about this wishlist, when I posted it, about half of these games were probably going to show up at E3. Hence why I said in the post that I'll like E3 if even half of them show up. Now here's the thing, forget that. The when doesn't matter now. And that post is now meaningless with that kind of statement since I know what's happening generally, and the number doesn't fit due to some changes.

Instead, here's what I can tell you. All of the list is true, except for two games, which I can't vouch for. One of those games is actually coming to Nintendo, but that's second hand information, and I don't really know about it. The other hasn't even entered pre-production, and SCE is in talks about possibly getting something done with it. We'll have to see about that. But even without those two (and I won't say which two those are since if I do, I confirm something I don't want to), there's still a lot here.

I'll start you off. JRPG1 and JRPG2, which I've talked about several times, don't need any elaboration. You'll know both soon enough. JRPG3 is in pre-production at the moment, and is something that should appeal to fans. This will be announced in 2016, at the earliest, I would assume. They've only just started picking things up this year. JRPG4 is much further away. This will be a more significant title, but you're not hearing about this anytime soon. This is towards the end of the generation. JRPG5 is similar to a title that you already know about. Also, a late generation title.

That's your Sony exclusive JRPGs which SCEJ/A is going to be involved in some shape or form over the next five years. Nice, isn't it? I don't think you have to worry about any of them being cancelled. But don't expect to hear of the latter three anytime soon, but I'm sure it'll look more believable once JRPG1/JRPG2 are announced since those are up first, and hey, we're not that far now.

To ruin some SE stuff.

FF7 spin-off. Real. Not AAA, but it'll be good. No one is going to complain. Current gen. Square Enix crossover is PS4 exclusive. I don't mean Musou. New Parasite Eve is pretty straightforward. A new PE game.

Monster Hunter PS4, I think I was caught by Chobel in January when I posted it, and edited it. But it's been leaked from the looks of it anyway. That's your upcoming MH PS4 game. However, it's not the only one. SCEJ/A has been discussing with Capcom about bringing more Monster Hunter to PS4 for a while, and for the most part, the only thing I can say is things are looking pretty good on that front. Please be excited. Although, check your expectations a little if you're expecting some massive effort. We're just fitting in what exists, rather than trying to create something new.

The new Naval RPG is a western game. Big publisher, big budget. And I think that's about enough.

All sounds like bullshit, doesn't it? That's good. If it sounds too believable, it'd be no fun.

Verendus, so the FFVII remake you mentioned before is not happening anymore? It will be a spin-off game instead?

sense

Exactly, I think Sony will do that at this conference
No, Sony did not do that the last 2 years so they can reveal them this year and release it by next year. I highly doubt they will reveal anything past 2016 and I am sure guerrilla game, bend game, mm game will release by the end of next year with a reveal this year . Blood borne reveal was perfect. They do no want a repeat like the last guardian ever again

Loris146

Here we go:

To ruin some SE stuff.

So maybe we'll get a decent MH game on PS4. Good.

Euron

The new Naval RPG is a western game. Big publisher, big budget.
I'm guessing this is a Ubisoft game with Black Flag as a basis. That would be how they win me back. After all, the only problems I had with Black Flag had to do with the Assassin's Creed part of the game.

Verendus, so the FFVII remake you mentioned before is not happening anymore? It will be a spin-off game instead?

Let the hype commence!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom