• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016 Predictions & Discussion thread

AAMARMO

Banned
QCU19HZ.png

E3 is nearly upon us all. This year we will see new hardware and video games shown off for the very first time in history.

Timetable:
Credit:Dinjooh

t1465761600z4.png

iV4GqU5.gif

Bingo Card's:

My favorite E3 coverage websites:

AORkYBF.gif

Hexa

Great thread! That table was super helpful for me last year.

I predict Sony will announce their conference soon. Seriously? What's the hold up? I really hope its still late in the evening so I don't miss it due to work.

Nintendo will have a better Direct than last year.

Edit: Seriously though, I think I want more of Horizon (get's a early 2017 release date), a Persona 5 release date for US/EU (EU, lol), really curious to see Sony Bend's game and I really hope they announce the Spider-Man game.

Those are wishes and predictions.

KingBroly

Banned
Predictions
Nintendo will show a lot of Zelda for Wii U
The Last Guardian will be given a date
Gears of War 4 will launch on Xbox One and PC on the same day

McDougles

If the timetable is still in development, and you're still waiting to hear back from someone who usually does this, what's the rush to make the half-baked thread?

OT: Sony better announce their time soon, as well as Square commenting on whether or not they'll go again this year.

Less than a month away.

I guess it is because I am much more busy now compared to last year. I was counting down the days a whole two months before E3 last year lol.

Boke1879

A month away you guys. on the Sony side I expect to see GOW4, Sony bends IP, A new Horizon Demo, TLG trailer with release date, FFXV info and maybe some KH3 info.

I also think we'll get a hint or tease about Sucker Punch's new IP. I'm still gonna say it's Spiderman.

Level 5 will reveal a PS4 JRPG
God of War will be revealed
dead don't ride

Scalebound will get a release window or date
more crackdown
recore shown
undead labs game revealed

zelda duh

Informative thread OP! :)

First E3 in years where my expectations are pretty low.

Just show a lot of cool games coming in the next 18 months then I'll be happy.

etta

my hard graphic balls
My most anticipated is probably Forza Horizon 3. I want to see more of Recore and Sea of Thieves, and I really really hope they have been saving some of the greatest games of last generation like Red Dead Redemption and Black Ops for backward compatibility mid-show announcement. Other heavy hitters like Blacklist and Conviction, Max Payne 3, Skyrim, Mass Effect 2 & 3 would be awesome, and not for me personally but I know Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey would make a lot of people happy.
As for hardware, I'd love to see a new Xbox and the PS4 Neo but that is becoming increasingly unlikely for E3 :'(

-shadow-

Nintendo (or more specifically Reggie) is going full on damage control. So badly that it's almost sad to actually even watch.

STEaMkb

Microsoft hope to repeat the success of the backward compatibility announcement. Phil Spencer has highlighted that moment a few times during press interviews.

* PC to Xbox One video streaming will have a positive reception
* Microsoft to announce a VR solution.

ar4757

Persona 5 will get a worldwide release announcement on Sony's stage

And will have a new trailer with more sick music

I predict a forgettable E3. So many games got announced last year that are still not out, we get more info on those I'm sure but eh. And without NX and JUST Zelda from Nintendo, I'm not looking forward to much.

Gurnlei

What I want and will happen? New hardware info.

What I want but most likely won't happen? A TES VI and Crash Bandicoot announcement.

What I want but won't happen? NX info.

This is the first year where I really have no clue what to think or expect of E3, so in that sense it probably can't disappoint. I mean most of the stuff that interests me has already been announced and shown, but I hope for happy surprises.

Rymuth

Nintendo: Zelda will make people's eyes melt

Sony: Unexpected old IP revival

Microsoft: Considerable amount of time spent on non-gaming peripheral ala Holo-lens and Kinect....Illumiroom, maybe?

Blobbers

On the JRPG front, I wouldn't mind a 2016 announcement for the western release of Dragon Quest Heroes 2, even though early-ish 2017 is probably more likely

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Bethesda:
Shows Dishonored 2
Shows more Fallout 4 DLC plans.
Confirms port of Skyrim and mentioned development of Elder Scrolls 6
Confirms a sequel to Wolfenstein TNO
Bombshell announcement that isn't coming: Obsidian developing next Fallout game

Take 2:
Shows Borderlands 3
Officially announces Bioshock trilogy
Confirms Red Dead prequel.
Announces Red Dead Redemption port. Fuck backwards compatability

Ubisoft:
Confirms Watch Dogs 2
Teases Farcry 5
Announces Assassins Creed 2 remaster
Brings back Splinter Cell

EA:
Shows off ME:Andromeda
Shows off Mirrors Edge
Shows off Battlefield
Shows off Titanfall 2
Ends up disappointing me like they do every year

Sony:
Confirms PS4K
Brings back Crash Bandicoot (couldnt care less about this)
Confirms Infamous 1 and 2 coming to PS4 (would love this!)
Infamous Third Son

MS:
Shows off Scalebound
Shows off Gears of War 4
Expecting some surprises here.

Aters

News Flash: Sony is not holding a conference this E3.
The Last Guardian needs to have a release date.
Battlefield 1 is going to be GREAT!
More info on FFVIIRE.
Resident Evil 7 is happening.
Persona 5 will have a western release date.

Level 5 will reveal a PS4 JRPG

I thought they already did last PSX?

Undead Labs Class4 shown, New Age of Empires, Sony Bend IP, Sucker Punch new game, Capcom Vancouver new game at either MS or Sony conference, new Crash, new Battletoads, new God of War teased....those are my "bold" predictions

Among the game we already know about getting more footage and release dates

SOLDIER

Sony:

New FFVII Remake trailer, Tifa and Aerith to debut, possibly other characters.

New Souls/Bloodborne sequel

Half-Life 3. No, seriously.

Also, does anyone know when Sony might put up the page for getting free tickets to the E3 conference in participating theaters? I want to make sure I don't miss out this time, as last year I had to be put on the waiting list (still got good seats).

Boke1879

This is the first year where I really have no clue what to think or expect of E3, so in that sense it probably can't disappoint. I mean most of the stuff that interests me has already been announced and shown, but I hope for happy surprises.

Yea this is the one year where we have no idea what the surprises could be. So it'll be interesting to see something new blow our socks off.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Zelda, lots of Zelda, obviously.

And I'll love every second of it. Hoping they don't spoil too much, though. Planning of going on a blackout after E3.

Yes! The best thread of the year!

It's the most wonderful time of the year
There'll be much mistltoeing
And hearts will be glowing
When love ones are near
It's the most wonderful time
Yes the most wonderful time
Oh the most wonderful time
Of the year

Some stuff I could see happening:

Metal Gear Solid PS4 Collection
No The Last Guardian Release Date
Too much VR content at Sony's Presser

OneUh8

Looking forward to it once again. Although I have no idea how much I will be able to watch live, just started a new job, so have no idea what my work load will be like during that time.

RPGamer92

Banned
News Flash: Sony is not holding a conference this E3.
The Last Guardian needs to have a release date.
Battlefield 1 is going to be GREAT!
More info on FFVIIRE.
Resident Evil 7 is happening.
Persona 5 will have a western release date.

I thought they already did last PSX?
What about Sony not having a conference?

Montresor

I've posted some variation of this multiple times in past threads. I'll go ahead and post it again here (with some changes):

*Rare shows Banjo Kazooie 3 trailer
*Rare shows Banjo Nuts N Bolts 2 trailer
*Rare shows Conker's Bad Fur Day 2 trailer
*343 reveals that their next game is Perfect Dark 2. Teaser trailer shown.

*Remedy reveals that there will be story and horde mode DLC released for Quantum Break
*Alan Wake 1 remastered, with 2000 gamerscore, including all DLC and American Nightmare
*Remedy shows Alan Wake 2 trailer

*Microsoft reveals a new mascot fighting game (i.e. like Smash Bros / Battle Royale). Tentative roster includes: Master Chief, Cortana, The Arbiter, Banjo-Kazooie, Joanna Dark, Conker, Alan Wake, Fulgore, etc...
**Unrealistic fanboy scenario: The game is co-developed by Sakurai. Won't include any Nintendo characters, but it will have the same core game play of Smash Bros. Just with achievements, XBL, and Microsoft characters.

Volotaire

Disclaimer: I have tried to contact shinobi602 through twitter about if he is creating E3 2016 thread however I haven't gotten a reply.

Rosti is creating the E3 information thread, if that is what you are referring to? Unless you are referring to a speculation thread.

Top Bottom