• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016 rumor and unannounced game recap thread

MattyG

Banned
I just watched a MrMattyPlays podcast with Shinobi. In the Bethesda bit, he referenced a remaster and Matty and his cohost said "we think we know what you're talking about." Skyrim remastered? What else could it be? (I skipped around a bit, so there may be more hints to unannounced things that I missed in there.)

Stardust911

Neo Member
The only thing I see here that gets me pumped is the possibility of a new Red Dead game. Not looking forward to new console revisions.

kenta

Has no PEINS
If Nintendo were to indeed announce a Mother 3 localization, do we expect it to be exclusive to New 3DS?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I've added in:
- CD Projekt's announcement
- The BioShock Collection (Take-Two implied this wouldn't be out this fiscal year, though maybe they exclude small remasters as relevant titles)
- Superman (I really don't think this will be there)
- Knack 2 (a resume is a resume)
- Serious Sam 4

TreIII

Koei and Omega Force's likely E3 announcement is actually what interests me the most. That Western IP collab has gotta be something big.

Even better if it is that Marvel Musou (or Musou-like) that has appeared on so many wishlists. That, along with the possible Spider-Man Sucker Punch game would be a nice showcase of Marvel IPs coming back to the console space in a big way.

RoKKeR

Great work on this thread, Nirolak.

Didn't know Deep Silver said they would have a major announcement, that gives me hope that we'll see 4A's next game. Would instantly be one of my most anticipated games if it were to be announced.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
The lack of Fight Night on this list makes me sad. Dunno what the hell is up with EA man

Ubernube

Looking forward to whatever is shown for Nier Automata. Hopefully a release window (I believe they said they plan on revealing that at E3), a trailer, and maybe some gameplay as well. Maybe they'll get lucky and can show off some gameplay on the Sony conference? Sounds like a good way to get some sales if they can show some awesome gameplay in front of that many eyes.

Hopefully there's some good surprises at E3 because the only thing here that gets me excited is Spider-Man (and Mother 3 but I expect that in a Direct somewhere other than E3).
Though a Marvel or Star Wars musou would be sweet, but I'll wait and see what western collab that is before I get excited :p

Pennywise

Hopefully there's some good surprises at E3 because the only thing here that gets me excited is Spider-Man (and Mother 3 but I expect that in a Direct somewhere other than E3).
Though a Marvel or Star Wars musou would be sweet, but I'll wait and see what western collab that is before I get excited :p
There are still plenty of things missings that will show up.

Great work on this thread, Nirolak.

Didn't know Deep Silver said they would have a major announcement, that gives me hope that we'll see 4A's next game. Would instantly be one of my most anticipated games if it were to be announced.
Personally I'm more curious what Volution will put up.
If that bit about the name is true, we might get something else than Saints Row and I wonder what type of game they would make.

@Nirolak
I know this isn't directly related to E3, but is there any known or rumored AAA title using Unity, which could also require facial rigs ?
I'm asking because I saw something up on a page of a company that is doing work on motion capturing, facial animations and other types of animations.
They got a title listed that has yet to be revealed. Obviously without any concrete details, apart from facial rigs and Unity being mentioned.
They did work for Rocksteady,2K,io interactive before.

SNURB

Also the "Crash Bandicoot returns!" people are basically the video game equivalent of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c6HsiixFS8

Not sound sound like a douche or anything but why do people getting hyped and speculating over something promising that excites them bother you so much to the point of insulting them? If they want to get hyped and speculate, then fucking let them instead of wasting all day complaining about it.

mrqs

Just listened Matt with Shinobi talking about E3.

https://youtu.be/TcScu0Jf1h8

- Shinobi didn't want to talk about Rockstar and RDR2 (maybe 'cause he don't want to spoil the surprise?). He did spoke freely about "where the hell is Agent?", he didn't really know, for what it looks like.

- He confirmed "Prey Reboot" at Bethesda conference being developed by Arkane.

- When asked about Sucker Punch and Spider Man he spoke trying to not say anything but clearly looked like he knows what's going on but didn't want to spoil. He said that are a couple of unnanounced titles at Sony but wasn't confirming or deying if Sucker Punch was involved.

- There will be a remaster on Bethesda. Skyrim? Probably.

- Capcom will announce an exclusive game at Microsoft conference. RE7 (this would be nuts) or DR4?

- There will be "hardware" at Microsoft's.

He was most hyped for Sony's conference.

I think that was it, cool podcast but they went far off E3 sometimes, it could use a bit more focus.

Ps.: Sorry for any mispelling, i'm on my phone and english is not my first language. Cheers!

Trace

Banned

oh-yeah-gif-obama.gif

RexNovis

Banned
Okay, since apparently no one on GAF has heard of Avatar: The Last Airbender, I'll remove the joke.

FWIW I laughed.

Also, agreed on the name "Dead Don't Ride." Awful name. Especially since it would be abbreviated as DDR which would just make me want to play another unequivocally great game instead.

Edit:
Who is talking about Dance Dance Revolution in 2016?

Dammit. Should've known you'd beat me to it.

Defect

Defect

Shinobi is the one who teased it under that name and he's pretty damn reliable. Don't know how likely a name change is but I certainly hope there was one.
Yeah didn't Shinobi only recently tease it though? The guy on reddit said it two years ago.

I dunno, it's a pretty dumb name so I think it's very likely they changed it. I do wonder what kind of game it's going to be based on the name.

It's funny how no one questioned the guy who said it was called "Dead Don't Ride"

https://m.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/277pie/sony_bends_new_ps4_exclusive_might_be_an_open/

But yeah, I bet they changed the name.

Shinobi (as the guy above me said) claims the name is still Dead Don't Ride, and a domain name or trademark (can't remember which right now) was recently filed by Sony for Dead Don't Ride.

The funny thing about the Reddit guy who ORIGINALLY leaked that name is that he's ALSO confident about Crash. So another unverified but believable drop in that bucket.

GamerJM

Banned
If Sucker Punch Spider-Man and Crash Bandicoot are both announced then I will be very pleasantly surprised and pleased with Sony's presentation. I'm not expecting both to happen though.

RoKKeR

- Shinobi didn't want to talk about Rockstar and RDR2 (maybe 'cause he don't want to spoil the surprise?). He did spoke freely about "where the hell is Agent?", he didn't really know, for what it looks like.

- When asked about Sucker Punch and Spider Man he spoke trying to not say anything but clearly looked like he knows what's going on but didn't want to spoil. He said that are a couple of unnanounced titles at Sony but wasn't confirming or deying if Sucker Punch was involved.

- Capcom will announce an exclusive game at Microsoft conference. RE7 (this would be nuts) or DR4?

I think that was it, cool podcast but they went far off E3 sometimes, it could use a bit more focus.

Ps.: Sorry for any mispelling, i'm on my phone and english is not my first language. Cheers!
Interesting! Thanks for the write up. Man, I really hope we hear about RDR this E3, would be awesome.

Wonder what surprises Sony has as well.

Aww man! :( When Shinobi said that Capcom will have an exclusive game at microsoft's e3 I knew it would be Dead Rising 4 :( My heart sank. I can understand why they've done it because obviously they had to fund the game once again, but it would have been great to see it on all three platforms and not just the xbone. Well ... if Don't Don't Ride is what we think it is, Zombie apocalypse style Mad Max + Dead Rising, then all is forgiven :)

ekim

Aww man! :( When Shinobi said that Capcom will have an exclusive game at microsoft's e3 I knew it would be Dead Rising 4 :( My heart sank. I can understand why they've done it because obviously they had to fund the game once again, but it would have been great to see it on all three platforms and not just the xbone. Well ... if Don't Don't Ride is what we think it is, Zombie apocalypse style Mad Max + Dead Rising, then all is forgiven :)

You can now always add a second platform for MS published games. ;)

Guymelef

The exclusive Capcom game on MS's conference it's DR4 for XBO and Windows 10, according to some gaffer.
Don't worry about the important zombie franchise.

Little underwhelming so far.

Nothing cool for Sci-Fi or cyberpunk. No actually good Mech game. (I want a good Gundam game so damn bad). I guess this is what I'm looking forward to seeing more of:

Gears 4, FFXV, Red Dead, Horizon

And of course I'm super excited to see Scorpio and Neo announced and some high grade CGI shit shown for them that will never come to fruition but we'll believe anyways because we want to.

Granjinha

Huh, Shinobi said that Rare has a new IP in development besides Sea of Thieves. Or did i get that wrong?

Top Bottom