• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2016 rumor and unannounced game recap thread

icespide

Banned
I'm very skeptical of the spider-man thing, but it would be pretty cool. A unique thing for Sony. they should even do a special "spider-man font" style PS4 box for it

Boke1879

Noooo

Let the hype build and build! Release all of it during Sony's conference!

Yea I know lol. I'm just starting to feel the E3 hype man. So many games being announced, releasing this year. I'm just hype

and honestly. I feel a lot of insiders know about this game in detail, but they are respecting it and the reveal because they feel it'll legit get people excited.

Guymelef

Sony has the rights to make video games based off of their own movies, which includes spider-man

Non-movie spider-man games would be under Disney's discretion

Disney new videogames business model is licensing products.
Disney could "rent" Spiderman license to Sony, Sony produce the game and Insomniac develop it.

Yea I know lol. I'm just starting to feel the E3 hype man. So many games being announced, releasing this year. I'm just hype

and honestly. I feel a lot of insiders know about this game in detail, but they are respecting it and the reveal because they feel it'll legit get people excited.
I feel ya!

I-know-that-feeling-bro-600x300.jpg

The wait will be worth it, I'm sure!

Voror

I'd just be happy to have a good Spider-Man game no matter who makes it. Insomniac is certainly an interesting choice if this pans out but after the way you could traverse in SO I think they could at least get that aspect right even if it isn't quite the same as webshooting.

The Argus

Still hoping for RDR3 surprise announcement "Coming Fall 2016". Wonder how far into 2017 Ubi will delay WD2 if that's the case.

Vibranium

Banned
Spiderman by Insomniac?

Weird as shit. So glad it's not SuckerPunch, but when he said it, it sounded so spurious.

The weirdest things can come true I guess. We'll have to wait and see.

That's WEIRD.

Doesn't seem weird to me. Insomniac has lots of employees and projects. I think they could nail Spidey, especially if they give him extra gadgets to use.

Guymelef

Are these guys reliable at all? I'm just concerned that they're using the recent old throwback mocap pictures to start the rumor mill.

ÇThey don't have any insider info to the date... Only good skills searching on CVs, porfolios, etc...
DMC tweet probably comes from the Dante and Vergil actors motion cap .

TimFL

What are the chances that the Insomniac Spiderman game is actually gonna be revealed at E3 and not another time? Is it ready?

This I'd like to know too. Sounds way too early if it's based on the upcoming movie. They usually don't announce tie-ins THAT FAR in advance.

TreIII

Are these guys reliable at all? I'm just concerned that they're using the recent old throwback mocap pictures to start the rumor mill.

As stated above, while they don't have any apparent industry ties, they are good at digging. The big God of War 4 leak came from them.

I would hope that this DMC-related would mean they dug a bit deeper beyond the same photo creeping we've been doing for several months, now.

To me, the question for BIO7 is that do they :

- double down on the continued core cast narrative driven by the characters that defined the series (Chris, Jill, Leon, Ada, etc) and continue to build in that path akin to that of a Cinematic Universe.

- abandon the older cast and start afresh with new faces in a new environment, and avoid have them be entangled with a cast of super-experienced zombie killers that has survived & resolved several biohazard incidents.

I hope they continue with the main cast. To me, BIOHAZARD is the characters that I grew attached it. It's the Fast & Furious with Zombies for me.

Sesha

If there's a new DMC, it won't be a Ninja Theory version... will it?

Capcom officially doesn't do outsourcing for entire projects overseas for major titles anymore after Dark Void, Bionic Commando, Lost Planet 3, RE6 and DmC. All major console titles will for the most part be done in-house, for both sequels and original IPs.

Take it with a grain of salt, but a poster on 4chan potentially added fuel to the fire regarding Spiderman.

He claims its real and in developement by Insomniac, with a "highly stylized cartoon look".

Also, he added, Sony may have a timed exclusive or complete exclusive by Rockstar.

I'm aware the source's reliability isn't exactly solid, but, recently, the leaked images of Dead Rising 4 surfaced on /v/, a couple of days before Neogaf got the news.

Take it with a grain of salt, but a poster on 4chan potentially added fuel to the fire regarding Spiderman.

He claims its real and in developement by Insomniac, with a "highly stylized cartoon look".

Also, he added, Sony may have a timed exclusive or complete exclusive by Rockstar.

I'm aware the source's reliability isn't exactly solid, but, recently, the leaked images of Dead Rising 4 surfaced on /v/, a couple of days before Neogaf got the news.

can you provide a link pls?

I know this has practically a 0% chance of happening, but I really want another Brothers In Arms title to be announced. It's been nearly a decade since Hell's Highway released.

RPGamer92

Banned

Imagine if RDR 2 was permanent exclusive. The meltdowns would be the biggest ever.

Top Bottom