• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Coliseum line-up announced (Kojima, New Square/Bethesda games, Dissidia, GoW, ...)

Logash

I took off of work on Tuesday cause fuck it but I think now I may actually be busy watching some of these live streams. Almost forgot that E3 was gonna be different this year with them allowing normal people in. Can't wait!

Jordan Vogt-Roberts is the new director on the Metal Gear Solid movie.

Be interested to see if he brings anything up in the interview.

His passion for the project has me hopeful.
https://www.vg247.com/2017/05/10/metal-gear-solid-movie-director-made-potential-scriptwriters-come-to-his-house-and-do-an-mgs-crash-course/
Jordan Vogt-Roberts said:
”As I brought in writers, I basically took them on this weird journey where I brought them over to my house and I designed this weird course where I would load up the original Metal Gear and I would have the writer play that for a while, and just teach them this idea of stealth gameplay," the director explained, referring to the 1987 original.

”I would let them play that, and generally, anyone was able to play that because anyone can pick up a game of that era and understand the mechanics of it. They'd play that for an hour or so, and then I would jump forward and then I'd load up Metal Gear Solid 5 and say, ‘This is where it jumps to. You just saw the beginnings of this, and over the course of 30-odd years, this is where it took us,' so you see both ends of the spectrum."

geoffmk

Geoff Keighley
Sorry, I have a question .. maybe I'm not understanding this right.

Are these all developer panels ? will they all be live streamed or archived anywhere or are they just gonna be for the attendees ?

Yes panels will stream on Facebook, Twitch (Twitch.tv/Twitchpresents) and on YouTube.
VOD archives as well of most things.

https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/872460436972593152

Kojima just tweeted that there will be no new Death Stranding info at E3.

That son of a... oh, wait, it's Kojima.

FXckWN.jpg

So there will be something.

Kasper

This line-up is a lot more interesting than I was expecting. I will definitely be checking out at least 5 of those with the Crash reunion being the one I look forward to the most. Good job, Geoff!

Yes freaking Spider-Man. These all sound great, will have to catch them when I'm off work, but there's so many of these I want to see, moreso then any other year.

These all sound amazing Geoff, really well done! :)

This one sounds especially interesting

12:30 PM — 1:30 PM:
World Builders
Join host Chris Hardwick for a keynote discussion about building worlds across entertainment mediums, with a focus on video games. Hardwick will be joined by astrophysicist Neil Degrasse Tyson, director James Gunn, Gearbox’s Randy Pitchford, and 343 Industries’ Kiki Wolfkill.

Will be watching the majority if them if not live then definitely archived. Again, great job Geoff.

Mediking

It's sad how Square Enix announcing games kinda makes me roll my eyes a little bit now. I know they have many different studios but still....

TDLink

Wait so Geoff is doing his E3 Live show on Youtube Sunday/Monday and then -also- this coliseum thing Tuesday/Wednesday?

Elandyll

Banned
So much push on Spider-Man and GoW... Can't help think now that either / both might be slated for late 2017.

Imagine, outside marketing deals, a PS4 lineup with Gran Turismo in September, God Of War in October, Spider-Man in November (alongside the video release), and Knack 2 and Dreams (maybe beta at least?) in December for family titles...

Top Bottom