• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Coliseum line-up announced (Kojima, New Square/Bethesda games, Dissidia, GoW, ...)

Tuesday, June 13

11:00 AM — Noon:
God of War: Behind the Curtain
It’s been one year since game director Cory Barlog and his team at Santa Monica Studio introduced fans around the world to a bold new vision for God of War. Join us as Cory and other members of the development team share new insights and recount challenges overcome, delving further into writing, world building, combat design, and the powerful father/son relationship at the heart of Kratos’ new beginning. Moderated by Michele Morrow.

Noon — 12:30 PM:
Inside Bungie
For over 25 years, Bungie has pushed the video game industry in bold new directions. Join Bungie CEO Pete Parsons for a wide-ranging discussion about his career, the industry, and Bungie’s next release, Destiny 2. Moderated by WWE superstar (and devoted Destiny fan) Big Show.

2:45 PM — 3:15 PM
Bethesda Softworks
Join Bethesda Softworks for a look at a newly announced title that will be seen for the first time at their E3 2017 Showcase.

3:15 PM– 4:00 PM
Square Enix
Don’t miss when Square Enix presents a live demonstration of a newly announced title being showcased at E3 2017.

4:00 PM — 4:30 PM
Epic Games
For over two decades, the team at Epic Games has built some of the video game industry’s most talked about titles. Join members of Epic at E3 Coliseum for a behind-the-scenes look at the developer’s next release.

4:30 PM — 5:00 PM
Swing Behind the Scenes With the New Spider-Man for PS4
Join key members of both Insomniac Games and Marvel for a peek into the upcoming Spider-Man collaboration for the PS4.

5:00 PM — 5:45 PM:
Project Scorpio: The Most Powerful Place to Create and Play
Discover how Xbox built a powerful development platform in Project Scorpio with game creators in mind. Featuring key members of the Xbox team, including Turn 10 Studios and The Coalition. Moderated by Xbox Live’s Larry Hryb (Major Nelson).

Noon — 12:45 PM
Crash Bandicoot Reunion
Twenty-one years after he first arrived on the scene, Crash Bandicoot is back! Join members of the original creative team behind the game — Connie Booth, Mark Cerny, Naughty Dog co-founders Andy Gavin and Jason Rubin, and Bob Rafei — for a once-in-a-lifetime reunion to discuss the making of the original Crash Bandicoot and its impact on the video game industry.

2:30 PM — 3:15 PM:
Stories Across Screens
How does today’s greatest game writing influence the world of TV and film, and vice versa? Join Better Call Saul Executive Producer Gennifer Hutchison for a conversation with leading storytellers about the opportunities and challenges of interactive and linear storytelling. Hutchison will be joined by Emil Pagliarulo (Designer Director, Bethesda Game Studios), Josh Scherr (Writer, Naughty Dog), and Dan Tractenberg (Director, 10 Cloverfield Lane, Black Mirror).

3:15 PM — 4:15 PM:
A Conversation with Hideo Kojima and Jordan Vogt-Roberts
A one-on-one session looking back at the career of Hideo Kojima, led by Jordan Vogt-Roberts, director of Kong: Skull Island. These two creative forces will share the stage to discuss the fusion of gaming and cinema. Mr. Kojima will discuss his cinematic influences and how they have allowed him to make masterworks of his own.

5:30–6 PM:
Square Enix
Join the team at Square Enix for a developer showcase, revealing new details about a game that will be announced for the first time at E3 2017.

6:00 PM:
An exclusive surprise discussion with renowned figures.

So much to look forward to. This is an awesome idea.

So much push on Spider-Man and GoW... Can't help think now that either / both might be slated for late 2017.

Imagine, outside marketing deals, a PS4 lineup with Gran Turismo in September, God Of War in October, Spider-Man in November (alongside the video release), and Knack 2 and Dreams (maybe beta at least?) in December for family titles...

If that all happens it would be probably one of the best/craziest years in gaming.

foRh8qm.jpg

MtZ9N.gif

Good. Sony have plenty of other games to focus on, and DS can come back next year when there will be some actual gameplay ready to show.

Sounds wonderful, great selection of panels. I wonder if Geoff will run over to give Kojima a quick cheek smooch during his segment.

Wamb0wneD

Again, if you want Nintendo, you have the Treehouse stream.

I'd be surprised if Geoff didn't try to get some Nintendo coverage. They're likely not interested, due to Treehouse Live. Which I kind of think is a mistake, but whatever.

What OrbitalBeard said. Sure I do have Treehouse, but a thing like this where everyone but Nintendo is present is kinda strange. Showing off a bit of Mario Odyssey to a crowd that doesn't even know what the Treehouse is is never a bad thing.

What OrbitalBeard said. Sure I do have Treehouse, but a thing like this where everyone but Nintendo is present is kinda strange. Showing off a bit of Mario Odyssey to a crowd that doesn't even know what the Treehouse is is never a bad thing.

Hard to have prepared answers for on the fly question. Also Nintendo has shown off games on IGN and Twitch streams during Tree House years this is Nintendo not wanting to answer fan questions since this seems to be a panel discussion.

12:30 PM — 1:30 PM:
World Builders
Join host Chris Hardwick for a keynote discussion about building worlds across entertainment mediums, with a focus on video games. Hardwick will be joined by astrophysicist Neil Degrasse Tyson, director James Gunn, Gearbox’s Randy Pitchford, and 343 Industries’ Kiki Wolfkill.

I hate Neil Degrasse Tyson with a simmering but constant passion. No clue why he is even on this.

kulapik

If you don't know what the Treehouse is, you won't know what this stream is.

Nice!

God of War, Spider-Man, and Crash hype.
Interested in a lot of these panels.

Also, S-E with seemingly two announcements.

I am hoping for a Psychonauts 2 trailer :)

That would be cool.

The other Square enix is probably DQ XI.

I would be cool that. It would be neat to see it getting some highlight time in one of these panels to get some more attention on it after it finally gets confirmed for US release (hoping it somehow gets into Sony's conference with a release date or at least window for the extra visibility).

Turkoop

Banned
But I'm concerned about one thing, there are almost no secret unannounced titles, I remember last year the schedules were full with them. I was hoping to see Dying Light 2

border

Almost all of these sound incredible. I would love to be there. It sounds like the new E3 is going to be more like ComicCon.

FelipeMGM

But I'm concerned about one thing, there are almost no secret unannounced titles, I remember last year the schedules were full with them. I was hoping to see Dying Light 2

Well my friend, your wishes for more Dying Light just might be answered...

TrojanAg

Going to be hard to see the show floor and a lot of these panels since there are so many good ones. How many people does the venue hold because I'm a little worried about getting in?

Life is Strange maybe? Can't think of anything else they've announced. Pretty sure they have their own conference to come still, so might be shown there.

I don't think SE is doing a conference??? If they are, this is the first I've heard of it. They just have their generic Square Enix Presents lineup, which isn't a conference.

Fraxin

The description makes it sound more of a game that Square had something to do with it's development rather than just publishing.

Why would I want to see the team for Square Enix regarding Life is strange?

If it was Tomb Raider, it would be more of join the team at Crystal Dynamics for example.

Top Bottom