• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 GAF Final bets

Wonderbook 2 gets announced.
giphy.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Safe bet: FFVII Remake trailer

Semi-safe bet: Fire Emblem Switch teaser

Unsafe bet: Metroid announcement of any kind

sphinx

the piano man
people you have to bet, not just predict.

if [thing] happens, I will [execute action A], if it doesn't, I will [execute action B]

please use the thread as intended.

DMONKUMA

My two avatar bets that I've set with one on gaf and one in Nintendo gaf discord.

DMC5 will not be shown.

Metroid will be shown.

Svejk

Although I hope I'm wrong, Dragon's Dogma 2 will not be announced, and you bet your ass I'll be sad.

If it does get announced, I will buy a PS3 again so I can convert my old save file to the PC version and finally beat BBI!

Not only Capcom will announce Devil May Cry 5 featuring the OG cast, but the game will have more than one playable character, and they will shadow-drop a playable demo for it on PSN after the announcement (RE7 style)

how is that a safe bet after the news last week? :p

Square likes to show trailers of games that havent even started development.

So now that FF7r has essentially restarted development they can release a new trailer like they do all their other games they announce at that stage of development.

Logic!

wartama

Neo Member
Safe bet: Sakurai will be working on a new game that is not Smash, but will not release this year.

Hardcore bet: a new Castlevania game will be announced at E3

Edit: so I have to bet something? Then I'll bet my avatar if neither my bets happen (I don't know who decides the avatars of losers around NeoGaf, but if it's up to me, then my avatar will be my most hated reveal/trailer of E3 for 4 months).

Shenmue 1+2 HD will be shown at Sony's conference with a release date of August for PS4/PC.

If I'm wrong I won't post about the HD collection for the rest of the year

Safe bet: a major AAA 3rd party game announced for ps4/xbone/switch. Sparking the gaf converstation to be "if game X is on switch why isn't game Y not?"

Crazy bet: Fable 4 (developed by a new studio) closes MS conference.

I'll bet DMC5 will be revealed at E3. I'll stream a commentated no item DMD run for 4se if it isnt.
I'll most likely stream regardless of the outcome, but this way il be held accountable.

Just gonna bomb down my list just so I have something to look back on.

Bethesda
Wolfenstein: The New Colossus opens Bethesda with 10 minute demo. Dishonored 2-style characters where you pick BJ or Anya.
The Evil Within 2 CG teaser focusing on Leslie.
Quake Champions release date confirmed.
Skyrim Switch trailer and release data confirmed.
Fallout 3/New Vegas remaster collection for PS4/XONE/maybe Switch.

EA
Sports.
Criterion's thing is properly announced.
Teaser for BioWare's new IP.
Loads of Star Wars concept art. Maybe an actual teaser for Jade Raymond's game. Nothing of worth from Respawn.
Star Wars: Battlefront II huge blowout. Single-player and multiplayer demo.

Microsoft
Scorpio unveil. Shitloads of old games confirmed to be better on Scorpio. Focus on Halo 5.
Sea of Thieves release date confirmed.
State of Decay 2 demo.
Forza 7 trailer.
Weird Minecraft segment.
Crackdown focus? Marquee/launch game for Scorpio.
Third-party unveils. No huge surprises. No third-party exclusives.
Indie game segment.

Ubisoft
Just Dance 2018 to open like usual.
South Park trailer and release date.
Far Cry 5 demo. Maybe release date.
Assassin's Creed: Origins unveil.
Some wacky shit like Trials and Grow Up.
New Splinter Cell.
Maybe new Division teaser/Division DLC.
New IP unveil like usual.

Sony
The Last of Us 2 would be the best opener if they have a gameplay scenario. If not, God of War again.
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy trailer and release date.
Days Gone trailer and release date.
Spider-Man trailer and release date.
Knack 2 trailer and release date.
Whatever the fuck is going on with Dreams. Maybe beta.
Something VR from London Studio and Manchester Studio.
Gran Turismo Sport might come out in the next 3 years.
Sucker Punch new IP?
Bloodborne 2 trailer to close.

_Ryo_

Bets are Bold. Predictions are not

Capcom: New DMC announced. No # or subtitle. 60sec teaser. End with "Devil May Cry"

Square Enix: Dragon Quest XI western announcement.

SEGA: Valkyria Chronicles reboot. Another PC remaster announced, it will Not be Shenmue HD. Unlikely but maybe, Atlus announce SMT HD Project for PS4.

Sony: From will announce a Sony collab for an Armored Core game. PS4/PC exclusive.

Despite low expectations for one a release date for GOW will be given

New trailers for Ni no Kuni, Nioh DLC

Nintendo: Someone will ask "What's Metroid?" And then proceed to talk about Mario.

Will show Animal Crossing mobile App.

Ubisoft: Mario Kingdom Battle

Microsoft: Show Scorpio. 399$ , new exclusive JRPG MMO announced.

Mikey Jr.

-Big budget Triple A Okami 2 is announced. PS4 exclusive. Made my Platinum in conjunction with Capcom. Direct sequel to Okami 1.

-Shining Force 3 translated. All 3 scenarios. Remastered for PS4 and are digital titles.

Stake: I will drink ONLY water for a full week. No pop, juice, etc.

I'll bet my avatar for one week. If I'm wrong, I'll change it to LOSER in red letters.
My bet is that Sony will announce a cheaper, slimmer PS4 Pro that ditches the disc drive.

LKSmash

Cuphead and/or Below release during the show.

I'll bet my avatar for one week. If I'm wrong, I'll change it to LOSER in red letters.
My bet is that Sony will announce a cheaper, slimmer PS4 Pro that ditches the disc drive.

I'll take you up on that.

Posted this in the EZA Bets thread, but I stand by it.

Retro will reveal a new Metroid game for the Nintendo Switch, where Samus Aran is the primary villain. You play as a new character who has had a bounty put on their head - and now has to clear their name before the deadliest Hunter in the galaxy can track you down.

Kyzer

Banned
Inspired by EZA final bets, whats your final bet and what you bet on It.

EZA final bets are bets of things that are Very unlikely to happen on e3.

I Will bet safe, but If Anyone wants to Go hardcore, be my guest

If Chrono trigger remake or 2 appears, I will change my avatar to "I <3 square enix" until the game is released.

If doesnt i change my avatar to yakra for a month

Https://cdn.wikimg.net/strategywiki/images/d/da/CT_monster_Yakra.png

so no matter what you lose?

DMC5, ALL IN

DMC5 will be a reality.

Not only Capcom will announce Devil May Cry 5 featuring the OG cast, but the game will have more than one playable character, and they will shadow-drop a playable demo for it on PSN after the announcement (RE7 style)
I'll bet DMC5 will be revealed at E3.
Capcom: New DMC announced.

DMC5. This is the one.

tumblr_mpyvbxgSJD1qawbqgo1_r1_500.gif

Devil May Cry 5 is announced exclusive/timed exclusive to PS4.
If this happens I will change my avatar to Dante.

Safe bet: Bayonetta + Vanquish is announced for current gen consoles.

RRockman

Banned
I bet that KH3 will be at E3 and will have a 2018 release date. If I'm wrong I will end all of my subsequent posts with "Desu" for the next 3 months.

If Smash is not shown at all this E3, I will change my avatar to THIS for the next 4 months.

Portal 3 will be announced and shadow dropped, centering around a story that the escape in part 2 was all faked and part of another diabolical test, and that all we think we know about the facility/timeframe was carefully planted misinformation.

Around 10hrs into the campaign we finally, actually escape the Aperture Science testing facility to find ourselves in an apocalyptic zombie filled nightmare world. At which point the REAL title screen for Left 4 Dead 3 will appear, tying the worlds together and phase 2 of Chell's adventures begin.

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

DJIzana

I dunno. I have a feeling Granblue Fantasy Re: Link will show up. Just think it'd be time. Either be it PC Gaming Show (that might just be Shadowverse related but never know) or Sony's conference (Shawn Layden's article about how important Japanese games are to them) etc. Something just feels off... hopefully it'll happen!

-Big budget Triple A Okami 2 is announced. PS4 exclusive. Made my Platinum in conjunction with Capcom. Direct sequel to Okami 1.

-Shining Force 3 translated. All 3 scenarios. Remastered for PS4 and are digital titles.

Stake: I will drink ONLY water for a full week. No pop, juice, etc.

Wasn't Okamiden a direct sequel to Okami?

"Safe" bet: an Animal Crossing game is announced for Switch. If it doesn't happen I'll change my avatar to a picture of Dr. Shrunk crying for a week.

Crazy bet: COD4 Remastered becomes available for separate purchase, but only on the Switch. If this actually happens I'll change my avatar to a screaming child (with a COD logo & a Switch logo thrown in there somewhere) for a month.

dtm808

Metroid and/or Animal Crossing announced.

KH3 no show.

Scorpio > 400$

EA will talk about sports for half their conference again.

New Elder Scrolls announced.

My prediction for MS E3;

- Scorpio at $399.00

- Scorpio will be either the same size, or smaller than the XB1S (I am leaning towards smaller)

- Scorpio will come with a trial of game pass, maybe up to 3 months?

- OG Xbox BC

- There will be an onslaught of new IP / new studio teases. MS isn't spending as much on marketing deals and will funnel that money into game development.

The PS4 had a (somewhat) dry lineup in the early years and they relied on major third party games to push sales while all their new games developed. I believe MS will follow a similar path with the Scorpio and will ride the "most powerful console and best graphics" train for the holiday season while they ramp up new IP development.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I wish I had the confidence to bet on metroid

If we don't see Evil Within I'll change my avatar from kamineko to the creepy pedo teacher from the same series. For, um, three months

Seems like a safe bet I know but I really hate that guy

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
If Nintendo doesn't introduce Gamecube virtual console games for Switch, I will change my avatar to the Gamecube Splash Mountain kid.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Before the Bubsy news I would have thought rationally about things but now...

Unsafe Bet
Rogue Squadron Trilogy HD

Insane Bet
Scott Pilgrim Vs Travis Touchdown

Pretty Sure this is a lock bet
Bayonetta III

War has changed bet
Xbox One Scorpio $399 w/pack in Quantum Break DLC

anothertech

Week long Avatar bet:

Scorpio price tag is greater than $399

Will wear Scorpio sign as avatar if wrong, unless someone wants to make the bet with me. They can change to whatever they want for the week. If I win vice versa :)

The Giant

Banned
Safe bet

98% of Japanese devs will still not make xbox games. Scorpio will have no effect on them.

Bayonetta 3 for Switch

Top Bottom