• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[E3-MS] Gears 5 Announcement Trailer

The first minute I was kinda like “we didn’t need this”

But the shift of tonality with her is what the game needs. The story looks more personal, emotional, and exactly what the direction should be

The whole military aspect needs a step back

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I like the direction they seem to be going for with this one. Has me interested in a Gears game for the first time.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
The first minute I was kinda like “we didn’t need this”

But the shift of tonality with her is what the game needs. The story looks more personal, emotional, and exactly what I thinks gears need

The whole military aspect needs a step back

Agreed with this. I like what I see in the trailer.

kingwingin

We need some novels out asap. Gears 4 introduced a lot of questions and now it seems like a huge chunk of time has passed between 4 and 5.

Maybe they will explain it all in game but somethings are better left for a book

synce

To be honest I've ignored this series from the get-go but this one genuinely looks interesting. Much respect for going with a female lead in a "AAA" military game, and not reducing it to some side story. That's gotta be a first as far as I'm aware. Too bad it'll require Microsoft Store, but I'll be happy to check it out on youtube.

pr0cs

Looked really good, some of the lighting in a few of those darker sections looked amazing, not that gears4 was a slouch, still one of the best running games this gen, pc version is very scalable

Im somewhat interested in the story, but still a little burned out from playing so much Gears 4 multi. I'll probably get this game eventually.

makaveli60

I watched again this trailer on Gamersyde and I have to admit this looks freaking awesome, I think it's on par with The Order 1886. Do you think it will look like this on the base Xbox One? And I'm not talking about resolution and framerate... I don't care about those.

pr0cs

I watched again this trailer on Gamersyde and I have to admit this looks freaking awesome, I think it's on par with The Order 1886. Do you think it will look like this on the base Xbox One? And I'm not talking about resolution and framerate... I don't care about those.
I'm sure some effects will be toned down, that being said gears4 runs exceptionally well on the vanilla xbone so no reason to believe 5 will be rough

makaveli60

I'm sure some effects will be toned down, that being said gears4 runs exceptionally well on the vanilla xbone so no reason to believe 5 will be rough
I hope you are right, and also hope that nothing will be toned down :) Microsoft really won me over with this conference, they are back in the game, I have to buy an Xbox One soon.

hiphopcr

Saw this ad on youtube last week... surprised they're already rolling out commercials for a game that may be a year out.

The cast of gears 4 was completely forgetable. Specially Kait. Marcus made it bearable. If he's not in gears 5 i'll be way less interested.

hiphopcr

Is Gears 5 not definitely the big story driven adventure people have been saying Xbox has been lacking this gen?

Gears of War = God of War

Is Gears 5 not definitely the big story driven adventure people have been saying Xbox has been lacking this gen?

Gears of War = God of War

See, it's when you post goofy shit like this that I get why you don't quite seem to get it.

That said, the game looks nice. Hopefully they can finally move away from the "hold this area" scenarios that plagued Gears 4 and made it such a ghastly snorefest at times.

Grinchy

Banned
If this game has the same horrible input lag and shooting mechanics as Gears 4, then count me out. It's pathetic to play the first Gears game after 4 and see how much better it played than a current gen iteration.

pr0cs

I
If this game has the same horrible input lag and shooting mechanics as Gears 4, then count me out. It's pathetic to play the first Gears game after 4 and see how much better it played than a current gen iteration.
Input lag? I could maybe see a complaint for aiming as it is somewhat different than other 3rd person shooters but input lag?

Grinchy

Banned
I

Input lag? I could maybe see a complaint for aiming as it is somewhat different than other 3rd person shooters but input lag?
Yeah it was really horrible and noticeable. I did play in local coop, but I don’t think that’s the only place where it happens.

CRAIG667

More excited for this than any other game.

Kait looks amazing.
Why didn’t JD look like such a badass in 4?
The story looks
Like it’s gonna be awesome.
Can’t wait to see where they take Horde next.

pr0cs

I forgot about that e3 trailer.. So good. I'm rooting for The Coalition, I know lots of people whine about more gears thinking the franchise is done but I think there are more compelling stories to tell given the right content.
Personally I'd like to see some content around the Pesanga (the less beefy guerilla / shock troops in the gears universe)

Murder187

Can't wait for this they did a great job with 4 not changing the core gameplay loved it unlike halo where they kind of destroyed it for me if it not broke then don't change

Top Bottom