• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA: 3 new IP by Q1 2016, "New Battlefield Experience" by Q4 2016

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Unravel was their new IP reveal, and did they promise two new IPs to be revealed?

Their email to press mentioned three new games to be revealed; one was a an all-new IP (Unravel), another one from an existing franchise (Mass Effect Andromeda), and the other one, which I don't remember. xD

That was one bad E3 showing from them, though.

Anyway, not surprised by this. Battlefield itself might not be annualized, but it seems DICE is. I wouldn't be surprised to see BF5 or BC3 next year (from DICE), then Battlefront 2 or another spin-off in 2017 (from another dev) and then DICE's turn again, etc.

The BF franchise is too big for EA not to milk. Sad, but that's true. Well, if we get alternating games (Battlefront, mainline BF and a spin-off) alternating, it could work, no?

Xater

Good shout. Although considering it doesn't have a name yet and they didn't bother bringing it back to E3 this year I would assume it's still some way from readiness. I got the impression that it was one of those instances where a game is revealed far too early so a publisher can make it look like they've got new and exciting stuff in development.

I heard it might be at Gamescom. We will see next week.

Kolx

Seems like the other two're mobile games or games on the scope of unravel. There's very little chance that they would announce a big new IP and release it in the next 7 months.

Ascenion

Oh EA, you say you have a new battlefield experience, do you really mean it as in not effectively recycled and rushed to all hell and back? Because honestly I'd drive to every devs house and personally hand them $60 for that. Or should I prepare for Battlefield Redux: Battlefield 3: the second sequel: Battlefield Roman numeral (so you know we're serious) V techno ear bleed double platinum Caspian border remake 3 we swear it isn't broken this time deluxe edition featuring Snoop Dogg?

Jokes aside EA for the love of God please take your time with Battlefield 5. Honestly given Battlefront releasing soon and your past 2 fuck ups the earliest I wanted to hear about BF5 was E3 2016, the earliest I wanted to play it was fall 2017.

Jokes aside EA for the love of God please take your time with Battlefield 5. Honestly given Battlefront releasing soon and your past 2 fuck ups the earliest I wanted to hear about BF5 was E3 2016, the earliest I wanted to play it was fall 2017.

You're honestly lucky Battlefront wasn't Spring '15 and Battlefield Fall '15. If EA could of they would of.

I'll be amazed if Battlefield 5 isn't 2016. EA is going to cycle this series and Battlefront, and then they're going to introduce new IPs for the Spring called Battlefight and Battlefought. And then Hardline will get annual sequels too.

Eggbok

make another Dead Space.. a good one this time.

Won't be seeing Dead Space for a little while.
IF anything one of those new ip will be the Star Wars game Visceral is making.
Hopefully Viscerals new Star Wars game will be announced during this time if not lol.

Won't be seeing Dead Space for a little while.
IF anything one of those new ip will be the Star Wars game Visceral is making.

No way will that be ready for early 2016. I'm thinking early 2017 at the soonest, and that depends when Mass Effect: Andromeda is out, as EA won't want these two games too close to each other.

Eggbok

No way will that be ready for early 2016. I'm thinking early 2017 at the soonest, and that depends when Mass Effect: Andromeda is out, as EA won't want these two games too close to each other.

True, lol. I just want them to at least announce what it is at this point. The last thing I remember hearing about it was that it was going to probably be a Han Solo game or at least it was being hinted at.

Star Wars will hit next fall. EA is looking to have a Star Wars game out every year for the forseeable future. Battlefront this year, Visceral next year, and then either a new DICE Star Wars game or BioWare jumps in with a third project.

There will be a Star Wars game every year until Disney stops doing movies.

Star Wars will hit next fall. EA is looking to have a Star Wars game out every year for the forseeable future. Battlefront this year, Visceral next year, and then either a new DICE Star Wars game or BioWare jumps in with a third project.

I think they'll expand DICE and Battlefront into what they wanted from MoH, a bi-yearly shooter.

EA should grow up and admit to themselves that they make games and not experiences. Their buzzword bullshit is painful to read and just sounds like a naughty child that is ashamed of what he's doing.
"No Mom! I don't sell games for a living. They're interactive media experiences!

That's true; I'd forgotten about that. Ugh. Star Wars games up the wazoo for everyone!

Majanew

Banned
Bad Company single player, please. Multiplayer can just be improvements to BF4. Have Siege of Shanghai map return.

Jawmuncher

Still waiting to see if Battlefield ever does anything with dinosaurs. Back before Battlefield 4 that stuff was even popping up in surveys as a bonus mode at least.

RiverBed

Banned
The next Battlefield will release late 2016. Seeing how spectacular the coming Star Wars looks, I can't wait to finally see a real next-gen BF game. BF4 visuals could be much better and I was disappointed. Whatever it is, it is my most anticipated title given the sheer scale and ambition of a BF game. Can't wait!

Still waiting to see if Battlefield ever does anything with dinosaurs. Back before Battlefield 4 that stuff was even popping up in surveys as a bonus mode at least.

They'd probably need a new IP for that. EA aren't going to taint their ultra-important modern military shooter series by giving it a sense of humour and fucking dinosaurs.

But I'd love to see a proper dino game built on Frostbite.

Talking about dinosaurs:

let_s_talk_toys__dino33qen.jpg

Battlefield Dino Warriors needs to happen. Flying around on a Pterodactyl, stomping enemies on your Triceratops mount, exploding volcano in the background raining down rocks on the battlefield. Release it next to the second Jurassic World movie.

Auctopus

Skate 4 please.

Interested if those three new IPs are like their more experimental days ala Mirror's Edge/Dead Space/Skate.

THEaaron

Regarding the current situation I think the next BF will going for a modern approach. If it continues what BF2142 did I am fine with that, since it was a real modern approach with bigh mechas and huge ass titan ships. No wannabe modern weeabo CoD (sorry CoD fans). :)

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I've played more BF4 than I'd want to admit, I want my next gen Battlefield. :>

All built on frostbite engine 3 I would imagine? I really do like frostbite. Obviously the experience is better on PCs but they console iterations look and play great.

3 new ips isn't that exciting unless its actually three NEW IPs. New titles in existing IPs shouldn't could but this being EA, who knows?

I know LevelCap isn't popular around these parts (and his videos are extremely bias to the infantry side of the games) but he has one source saying the next Battlefield is World War 2 and an other saying it's World War 1.

Maybe it's set between the two?

titanfall 2 is 2017 isnt it

I know LevelCap isn't popular around these parts (and his videos are extremely bias to the infantry side of the games) but he has one source saying the next Battlefield is World War 2 and an other saying it's World War 1.

i'm pretty sure i've read that the next one will be modern day again.

Top Bottom