• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA announces Boogie (Wii)

ivysaur12 said:
It reads the weather channel and the weather in your current location is the weather in the game.

Yeah, that's pretty sick for a launch title, especially on the Wii.

Really?

Now I want to go home and play some Madden (It's raining out; love playing in the rain)

Ranger X

Wow. Another NEW game from EA?
What's happening in this world? Is EA starting to... change?

It's awesome anyway. 3 games made in Montreal = 3 new games.
MONTREAL REPRESENT.

wsippel

Banned
Chao said:
So Matt Cassamassassasasaisasiasaisna was talking about this game when he was hyping the crap out of everyone last week or so?
No he didn't. He said the new EA-game would be cool, and that there are other potentially huge games in development...

Jammy

Banned
This game looks pretty interesting and can be potentially pretty big. I'll check it out if it delivers simply because it's unique and different than most of the other games I own right now.

EA can hit a goldmine with MySims and this. SSX Blur should deserve higher sales, though.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
People signed NDAs so there will literally be impressions all over the freakin place shortly. Don't worry.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
EA is really delivering..Madden was great, Godfather is getting very solid reviews, SSX is quality, MySims, now this...wow

Kawaii

ivysaur12 said:
It reads the weather channel and the weather in your current location is the weather in the game.

Yeah, that's pretty sick for a launch title, especially on the Wii.

That's really awesome.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
GDJustin said:
People signed NDAs so there will literally be impressions all over the freakin place shortly. Don't worry.

shortly= ??

2 hours ? 2 days or 2 weeks ?

maybe this is the BIG ONM exclusiv ^^

Neomoto

Wow seems like a pretty cool game. I hope you can use mii's though because the character style that's being jused isn't so great. EA seems determent to make a killing on the Wii with all the great Wii games so far and soon 2 Medal of Honor games, MySims and this! And i'm interested in half of all EA's Wii titles wtf is going on?!

Tothegame broke the NDA ?

As was said on the first page, this press release (including pictures) was up on Gamespress for a couple of minutes today. It was removed (and is still not back up) for unknown reasons.

DeaconKnowledge said:
Which is really stupid, since "banning" them gives them more publicity than leaving them alone over did.

Unh? They still get slapped up here everytime something that looks to be of note shows up.

And I can't remember a time when they haven't disappointed.

Pureauthor said:
Unh? They still get slapped up here everytime something that looks to be of note shows up.

And I can't remember a time when they haven't disappointed.

I'm not saying they haven't disappointed, i'm saying that banning them only makes them more notorious. Let's face it, banning them won't stop people from posting their outlandish news.

Batongen

Banned
This sounds like a great idea. Hopefully we will get a video soon, because I think I need to see how this game controls.

fresquito

muramura said:
If this game supports DL'ing new music tracks, I'll definitely have to look into it.
Well, the big question it's not whether the game supports download, but upload and sharing. That's the question.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
ivysaur12 said:
WTF EA.

First you make Madden 07 for the Wii, which is actually sort of fun, and uses WiiConnect24 features before anyone else is doing them.

THEN you go and make SSX Blur, one of the best games on the Wii right now.

When the hell did EA become good?

Color me shocked also, EA turned from a company that sent Nintendo scraps to doing a very admirable job with the game lineup.

In fact I would go as far as to say that EA is the best 3rd western developer nintendo has. Geez, while I personally don't like the art the game looks fun as hell and it also looks great.

E-phonk

Banned
OnWarmerMusic said:
It's far more likely that we'll see a mapping of the Mii data to the in-game assets. Someone HAS to do this eventually, and if Nintendo is smart about it, they'll get the appropriate docs to EA so they can implement it here. Plus, I really want to know what that "Satan" Mii I grabbed off Mii Parade looks like with other assets ;).

Hackers allready did this, and there is documentation on the internet on how you can read the mii "file format", so I can't imagine it being impossible for developers to do, even without nintendo's documentation.

KINGMOKU

later said:
rayman-raving-rabbids-20060823061314082.jpg
Yeah, it might have actually looked like that;

reallywhatitlookedlike.jpg

Still pisses me off that it shipped sans everything that could have made it look halfway decent.

Cosmozone

Wii seems to have worked wonders with EA, great news. But what would be cool for this game are exchangeable graphical styles for the dancers, too. The community could even come up with their own dancers like comic/anime and game characters. Would make it the killer app. :)

fresquito

Well, if EA it's been up there all this time it's because they are intelligent and know where the money is. Just like S-E knows. They've seen what's happened with the DS, they've see all the money they've stopped earning by not supporting the thing for the first two years. They knew they couldn't do the same mistake with the Wii.

Totalriot

Hcoregamer00 said:
In fact I would go as far as to say that EA is the best 3rd western developer nintendo has.

Well, there are only EA and Ubisoft as far as western 3rd party developres are concerned. Ubisoft has Red Steel, Rayman, this racing game and lots of crappy ports. EA hat Madden, Tiger and SSX.

Who would have thought that EA has less quantity but much better quality than it's competioners?

E-phonk said:
Hackers allready did this, and there is documentation on the internet on how you can read the mii "file format", so I can't imagine it being impossible for developers to do, even without nintendo's documentation.
Yeah, someone actually linked to the Wiili docs earlier in the thread. I guess the real issue isn't whether or not EA's programmers could manage it, it's the formality of Ninty saying "Ok, here's our documentation, you can get the Mii data now."

If EA just goes and does it on their own, I would imagine that would lead to some awkwardness between the two companies, which I'm sure both would like to avoid.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
EA is making a new IP? That's surprising me most, game looks crappy though, is there anything to replace the main monster model?

Epiphyte

jj984jj said:
EA is making a new IP? That's surprising me most, game looks crappy though, is there anything to replace the main monster model?
From the press release, it sounds like you create your own avatar, so the monster in the screenshot may just be an example. I like the style their going for, it plays to the strengths of the hardware.

Zave

truth-lasers said:
As was said on the first page, this press release (including pictures) was up on Gamespress for a couple of minutes today. It was removed (and is still not back up) for unknown reasons.
The press release will be officially out tomorrow, no one told this to Tothegame guys probably. :)

Branduil said:
EA making a game that looks original with interesting art? What is going on?
I know. This is weird. I never expected fresh, new Wii games from EA. And I really like the art style.

doesnotcompute.gif

thefro

This could be pretty awesome... it's EA so you know they have the $$$ to get some good licensed music.

I hope you can send "videos" of your performances to your friends (would just be the vocal track + gesture data, which is only around 3-5 MB).

kizmah

EA sure loves them Wii. This games needs mii's (adapted to the artstyle as in Smooth Moves) to really become huge.

My girlfriend will be all over this...and me.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Anyone wanna have a shot at how the hell that game interface works? I tried but I cant make sense of it.

darkened dots, white dots, red dots, different directions with the nunchuk, a big monster in an elvis costume, a pair of eyes with no body.....

kudos EA, I have to say, they've really changed their ways (on the Wii at least, microtransactions - not so muc) but yeah I suddenly dont really hate them anymore. event a hint of respect.

That's why all-knowing Nintendo created Wario Ware. A title with a bunch of fantastic mini-games that uninspiring and uncreative developers like EA can analyze and duplicate. Nintedo literally has to SHOW these third-party curs how to develop FUN games.

Top Bottom