• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA CFO:Digital margins over x2 physical; DD is 20% on PS4\XB1,expects 40% in 4 years

ethomaz

Banned

Guesswork
, and plenty of people earlier this year worked out estimates based on shipments.
MS didn't share any shipments anymore and before it had 360 included... the margin is too big to have a good estimate to be fair.

If you go with guesswork I believe they didn't sold 13m Xbone yet WW with about 15m shipped.

And doubt it will reach 20m shipped this year... it is too hard to reach this milestone in 2015.

Miles X

MS didn't share any shipments anymore and before it had 360 included... the margin is too big to have a good estimate to be fair.

If you go with guesswork I believe they didn't sold 13m Xbone yet WW with about 15m shipped.

And doubt it will reach 20m shipped this year... it is too hard to reach this milestone in 2015.

Yeah it's all opinion, I don't care for yours so why are we having this convo?

When the WiiU can ship 700k~ in a Q you can bet XB1 is doing 1m+.

ethomaz

Banned
Yeah it's all opinion, I don't care for yours so why are we having this convo?

When the WiiU can ship 700k~ in a Q you can bet XB1 is doing 1m+.
If you don't care why reply? I asked source and you don't have any... pull numbers from no place is easy... back up them is hard.

There is no evidence for 13m early this year or 15m now for Xbone.

Edit - Nvm Chartz have Xbone at 15m... that is why people says that... it is sad everytime somebody says numbers it ends being this site with non accurate numbers... they don't have even PS4 right when we know the numbers.

The_Lump

Banned
Jesus, could be more condescending towards people who buy games digitally? I'm really sick of the "people who support digital downloads are stupid" bullshit that people spout in every single thread about digital sales.

I make enough money that I simply don't give a shit about reselling a game. I buy most things digitally because I don't have to deal with physical media cluttering up my home, having to change discs when I sit down to play a game, and better potential for future compatibility. I am not "dumb" or uninformed. I simply find value in what digital downloads provide.

Relax. Read my post correctly. By "dumb" I mean passive. As in it doesn't bother you.

Doesn't change the fact that DD games cost less to bring to market than physical games, it just isn't something that bothers you (or most consumers, which is fine). What it's "worth" to each individual consumer is still irrelevant to what I and others in this thread are saying though.

Trup1aya

Relax. Read my post correctly. By "dumb" I mean passive. As in it doesn't bother you.

Doesn't change the fact that DD games cost less to bring to market than physical games, it just isn't something that bothers you (or most consumers, which is fine). What it's "worth" to each individual consumer is still irrelevant to what I and others in this thread are saying though.

I find it strange that people hold this sentiment strictly for games. If they created a product that people have a demand for, why should they not enjoy the benefit of good profit margins. You make a good product, and people want to use it, you deserve a profit. You improve your margins along the way, excellent! More money to justify more investment.

Are digital games less entertaining than physical ones? Because THAT'S what publishers are selling, entertainment value. Not resale value.

Distributions costs might influence YOUR personal buying decisions, but they are truly irrelevant to the experience... Which is where games derive their value.

Concerning oneself with a businesses profit margins doesn't make you a savey shopper. Those margins have nothing to do with whether or not you can get value out of your purchase.

Synth

When I buy digital games, I get to play everything with my brother that lives a couple hundred miles away. Does your physical copy give you that?

There's more to value than just price, and those of us choosing digital aren't simply being passive... some of us actually have put some thought into our options.

Top Bottom