• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference Thread

Fractal

Banned
Nope, and apparently it's not going to be there.

Holy shit, is that the end of the fucking conference? So it limps to the end with fucking sixteen minutes of FIFA. That was awful.
That's a shame... and yeah, a terrible way to finish, shame I missed all the good stuff. Guess I'll have to wait for Gamersyde...

Kiyo

I enjoyed it more than the MS conference. Will be picking up Mirror's Edge, Unravel, Battlefront, and FIFA for sure.

Kazdane

I don't see a better way to end a press conference about games in Europe.

Basically this. Football here in Europe is massive. On top of it, the EPL (England) and Ligue 1 (France) are starting this weekend, and the Bundesliga (Germany) is starting in two weeks. It's perfect timing, really.

Dinda

I don't see a better way to end a press conference about games in Europe.

I'm German, so i'm well aware that it's only natural that they will show and talk a lot about Fifa. That doesn't make it a good ending for the conference though.

Still i thought it was an OK conference overall. Would have liked to See Andromeda.

I can understand the disappointment that they ended with FIFA, but it isn't a waste of EA's time to talk about their game which is the most consistently best selling annual franchise there is.

TomShoe

Banned
+ Garden Warfare 2 looked good. Next-gen only is a necessary step up.

+ Unravel played well, will likely get good reviews barring any bugs

+ Mirror's Edge looked fantastic. The new style is very exciting and the lack of guns used by the protagonist is refreshing.

- No Mass Effect. Perhaps at PGW?

- Long-ass FIFA demo to end the show. I know it's popular in Europe, but eh.

- Banter? Lol.

- The Sims presentation was incredibly cringe-worthy. Didn't like it at all.

- The live-action part of Need For Speed looks weird. I prefer animations, but maybe it's cheaper to do the live stuff.

- No Battlefront beta only furthers my apprehension with this game. It sounds good, but then a lot of games sound good. I can't justify a day one purchase yet, not without playing it myself or by getting an offer I can't refuse.

Verdict: C-. Some good, lots of meh, a lot of bad. EA's lineup doesn't excite me that much, and what does is pretty far away. Oh well, there's other games to fill the time in between.

M.Steiner

Pretty good conference I thought.
Highlights for me being Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Unravel & Star Wars Battlefront.

Too much FIFA for me though (I'm no football fan though :p), and was kinda hoping they'd announce a beta for Battlefront.

Fractal

Banned
I'm German, so i'm well aware that it's only natural that they will show and talk a lot about Fifa. That doesn't make it a good ending for the conference though.
I'm from Europe as well so I get the football craze, but yeah, it was definitely a bad ending. It's much better to go out with some surprise announcement... MS did it right yesterday, Halo Wars 2 out of nowhere was a nice touch.

I can understand them not touching Mass Effect because it's still 15 or 16 months out...but Bioware has been teasing the fuck out of new DA:I DLC

They better announce something this week

Hoo-doo

Banned
how can people still buy fifa?

How can people still buy Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed and Madden?

I don't get that shit either, but to each their own. Football is the biggest sport in the world, there's legions of people that buy current-gen systems just to play FIFA exclusively.

Mirror's Edge is pretty much bought day1.

Battlefront on the other hand...don't want to pay for Beta testing and the rough start with BF4 really ruined that game for me... but then again the hype is very strong with this one ;(

Rob85Fr

Neo Member
Well, sad that there is no news about the next Criterion game. But I think i saw it inside the "in development" stuff.
Will surely be E3 2016, or maybe PGW / PSX, with a bit of luck.

Yarny was the highlight of the show no doubt.

I liked Unravelled and Mirror's Edge. I was surprised that they didn't show more of Battlefront. Surely that's likely to be their biggest selling game this year, and they should have had a good chunk of uninterrupted gameplay like they did at E3.

That's a shame... and yeah, a terrible way to finish, shame I missed all the good stuff. Guess I'll have to wait for Gamersyde...

You didn't miss a lot, honestly.

I enjoyed it more than the MS conference. Will be picking up Mirror's Edge, Unravel, Battlefront, and FIFA for sure.

At least MS's conference had first gameplay footage for two games (Crackdown and Scalebound) and a completely new game reveal (Halo Wars 2). What did EA's have to elevate it above this?

Just watched the Sims presentation and had to go back and read your reactions. Sad I missed that awkwardness live. It was surprisingly short thankfully, that's usually the worst part. Fun bits like that just drag on forever.

Tntnico

I don't know if someone already said this, but I think we've got a new look at Criterion new project during EA Conference, and it looks gorgeous :

1dc4mE.gif

Sorry for the bad qualituy GIF, it's the first time I do this, I need to find a better service :)

Plus the direct youtube link :
https://youtu.be/wqJA0IiTN9A?t=32m54s

Ending with the biggest selling franchise in gaming *shocker*

Thanks for the heads up I am only interesting in FIFA 16 of all the garbage EA usually puts out. I want to see if FIFA 16 will be worthy or if all my hopes are to get a used PES 2016 copy next month.

I don't know if someone already said this, but I think we've got a new look at Criterion new project during EA Conference, and it looks gorgeous :

1dc4mE.gif

Sorry for the bad qualituy GIF, it's the first time I do this, I need to find a better service :)

Caught my eye too, them Motorstorm vibes!!

Is Criterion still able to make good games or were they EAified in some way? Haven't been following them lately...

1dc4mE.gif

Plus the direct youtube link :
https://youtu.be/wqJA0IiTN9A?t=32m54s

Nice catch - that's bound to be what it is. Bit annoying that they keep showing tiny glimpses of it and won't even mention the name.

Caught my eye too, them Motorstorm vibes!!

Is Criterion still able to make good games or were they EAified in some way? Haven't been following them lately...

Well, who knows - since their last release the studio heads left and formed Three Fields Entertainment (Alex Ward and Fiona Sperry) and most of the studio was gutted to form Ghost Games UK (i.e. the UK branch of the Need for Speed division). I understand what was left of Criterion was about 20 strong and this is their first work since then.

how can people still buy fifa?

How can someone be so detached from reality? People love sports, people love football (or soccer whatever), a lot of people like to play FIFA/PES with friends before going out or while drinking some beers. This remind me about the complains during E3 about EA wasting too much time on FIFA, I mean is not like EA makes far more money from FIFA than any other game they make or that they are the biggest 3rd party publisher in the world thanks to FUT after a debacle of core games almost took EA Down and cost the head of the former CEO and the former EA Sport head took the CEO position.

I know it is a sin on GAF to treat gaming as entertainment and not art but come on.

Top Bottom