• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Is Reportedly Ending Support For Wild Hearts

havoc00

EA is ending support for Omega Force’s action role-playing game, Wild Hearts, based on the latest information.

According to a moderator of the official Discord channel for Wild Hearts, EA has decided to end support for the game. They added that it appeared the publisher did not want to give it the time to develop and establish a wider audience. They mentioned that people who don’t know them are likely wondering who their sources are, but, as per them, “the obvious is obvious”.

The expectation was for it to become a competitor to Capcom’s Monster Hunter series. Seeing as that didn’t happen and it didn’t turn into the multi-million dollar franchise the publisher had expected, EA has apparently decided to pull the plug on support.

The Reddit moderator also hinted at the possible announcement of Monster Hunter 6 at Tokyo Game Show 2023. They said that while Wild Hearts didn’t get the opportunity that it deserved, there is light at the end of the tunnel for fans with Capcom’s upcoming entry in the Monster Hunter series.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Omega force is already used to these events, it happened to Toukiden, I also supported them in buying the game... So I made my contribution 😂.

EA are fucking useless, just throw shit around and see what sticks is the order of the day for them.

This hasn’t even been out a year and support is most likely ending? GaaS can fuck off and die.

theclaw135

Banned
I don't get it. What is there to support? Isn't this a complete, self contained game that has no need for DLC, like the 'good old days'?

darrylgorn

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

Complistic

They realize everytime they do this, the next game they throw out to die starts even deeper in the ground, right? I didn't even consider looking at this game because I knew they'd throw it away in a few months.

Last edited:

Deft Beck

There's never really been a successful competitor to MH in the modern era. I wouldn't've expected it from EA of all people, even if the developer has the credentials.

Pejo

There's never really been a successful competitor to MH in the modern era. I wouldn't've expected it from EA of all people, even if the developer has the credentials.
It's a shame, I wish Freedom Wars got more exposure/a sequel. I think it had enough unique mechanics to scratch the MonHun itch without being a clone-but-lesser. They really needed a chance to make a bigger enemy roster and refine it, but it had real potential.

Toukiden Kiwami was also quite good, but you could tell it had a very modest budget, which is only going to be able to get them so far. People seem to like Soul Sacrifice too, but I could never get into that one.

Very unfortunate, it was actually a solid and underrated game with cool mechanics and fun monsters/animals to fight. The technical issues though and poor optimization didn't help it. I had quite a bit of fun with it with a few friends.

Doom85

I mean, not AS successful, but God Eater managed to have three entries, so it must have done fairly well for its sales expectations.

GHG

Load of dogshit.

They didn't even give this a fighting chance considering the performance on PC. How about fix that first and see whether or not people take to your product before just throwing in the towel.

What an era we live in, and some kids want to bullshit us and say "it's never been better".

GHG

Yeah I mean nobody bought it. Then again it was broken as fuck on PC.

But that's the exact reason nobody bought it. I was day one on it until seeing it was a game with performance issues.

I don't understand how they don't realise how much of a difference that would make.

stn

Just to confirm, they're removing the online portion of the game? Or are they just not going to release patches and updates in the future? Or both?

Sleepwalker

But that's the exact reason nobody bought it. I was day one on it until seeing it was a game with performance issues.

I don't understand how they don't realise how much of a difference that would make.
They also didn't market it at all, I remember it kinda dropped out of nowhere at least to me. You can't expect to compete with Monster Hunter while performing like shit, those games live and die by how smooth they are.

Either way, EA are boneheads. Don't end support, put it on ea play and stick with it, put it on ps plus and gamepass. Patch it and run sales on steam. The bones of the game are good, I remember being impressed by some reviews back then.

It just need some tender love and care. They got BF2042 to an okay place and just patched titanfall 2 after 84 years, might as well give this a fighting chance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom