• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA: It's clear now remasters are something people really want

Which EA remaster do you want the most?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zurick

Banned
Black HD Remaster confirmed?

300px-Black_Coverart.jpg

XD

Every company should have remasters during the slow days of the year , like I wasn't gaming during June/July so why not release remasters during that time

EA would release a remaster during a busy holiday season or when a bunch of games release within each other

Give me mass effect 1-3 for $48 after discount , do it

masterkajo

Remastered Mass Effect trilogy with all DLC
and new ending that is actually satisfying
and I will buy it at a high price.

- J - D -

"Despite the strong desire from the market for remasters of popular games like Mass Effect, the decision isn't an easy one. Soderlund told me that there are a number of factors EA is considering so it doesn't make a mistake."

Totally get it. You don't want to remind fans of or expose new people to ME3's ending in the months leading to ME Andromeda.

Mass Effect trilogy + all DLC would be cheaper than buying all the DLC anyways so just do it EA. I'd buy it in a heart beat on anything.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Still surprised that Mass Effect Trilogy re-mastered hasn't happened already.

A shame that 3 years deep into the generation remasters are still part of the news.

Oh well if it's the only way for me to play a Skate game then I'm all for it.

I don't believe they put all three games and all DLC in one package.

Either the DLC is seperate or I can see Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 with all DLC as one package and Mass Effect 3 with all DLC as another.

Anyway I bought Trilogy for $5 from PSN and the DLC cheap already.

Also:
What's changed is that there is proof in the market that people want it, maybe more than there was when we spoke. There were some that did it before, but I think there is even more clear evidence that this is something that people really want

I think there have been pretty clear indications that people have wanted a Mass Effect collection for PS4/XB1 for quite some time.

I'm glad EA has finally come around on this, and I'm glad to hear with this quote below that they're focusing on quality of experience:
"We have to be careful in choosing the right brands for the right reasons at the right time," he explained. "A remaster is something that you can just do or do it really well. I want to make sure that if we were to do it, we would do it really well and that people feel that it's the same game but it feels so much better in this new shape and form. There have been titles that have come out that have done it really well, and there have been others that maybe haven't done it so well. We just want to make sure that we stay in the 'done it really well' camp."

Yes, yes, and yes.

A fully complete Mass Effect trilogy on the XB1/PS4 that isn't the janky Backward Compatability version with all of the add-on content would be like a miracle dream come true.

They want that GTAV and (likely to be massive) Skyrim money.

Idiotic to ignore the demand for this long. Make a competent remaster (i.e. not Activision), get paid.

xrnzaaas

ME 1-3 remasters were always something obvious for me. It's surprising it didn't happen yet and it's going to be a bad decision if they'll finally release the trilogy not long before Andromeda comes out, because people need a lot of time to complete all three games.

Liamc723

I don't believe they put all three games and all DLC in one package.

Either the DLC is seperate or I can see Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 with all DLC as one package and Mass Effect 3 with all DLC as another.

Anyway I bought Trilogy for $5 from PSN and the DLC cheap already.

That would be a very stupid thing to do.

Segaswirl

Remasters of last gen games are nice and all but I really want a Road Rash and Strike collection to make an appearance sometime.

Great for console gamers I guess. As long as this doesn't take away resources from regular development I don't have a big problem with remasters. Just hard to get excited for them when you are a PC gamer.

Also, bad company 2? The most linear battlefield maps and with low player counts? It was a fun game for sure, but it was little league bf compared to 3, 4 and the upcoming 1.

I'm in, as long as all three of the games look the same after the remaster. Just making ME1 work on X1/PS4 wouldn't be enough for me -- it needs to look better.

Top Bottom