• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Plotting Patch for Dead Space PS5 Remake's Bugged Graphics

Mr Moose

Totally untrue and backed up by DF who said the PS5 version looked "visibly blurrier"

As my last slide said, VRS can increase overall resolution giving better picture quality.

No player zooms in 400% in gameplay on a still screen to look for a double pixel width, totally disingenuous as usual. Everyone can see the whole image at all time being blurrier during play.

I pointed it out (and probably others did too) in the Doom Eternal DF thread at the time that it looked worse in most places, despite the higher res.
That's not one of the "good" games that uses it well, imo.

Which one of these do you prefer?
doometernaltest.gif

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
They still haven’t fix save spot bug and it happens more frequently. When I load my save the camera keeps getting stuck in the save spot. I can still move Isaac but camera just stuck on that save device until I re-load my save.

Riky

$MSFT

I pointed it out (and probably others did too) in the Doom Eternal DF thread at the time that it looked worse in most places, despite the higher res.
That's not one of the "good" games that uses it well, imo.

Which one of these do you prefer?
doometernaltest.gif

Again that screen is in a dark area, zoomed in and as there is no weapon probably at the edge of a screen, pretty irrelevant to the player during gameplay. Exactly the sort of area VRS is designed to save performance.
People seem to be under the impression that VRS is some sort of full screen effect hence the rather stupid Vaseline meme. It isn't, it's certain areas frame by frame and is totally dynamic. Turn to that area in your screen and it will resolve at full shading rate.
So take a portion of the middle of the screen where the weapon is and the player is looking, that will resolve under Tier 2 VRS at the full shading rate, on one it will be 1800p and the other around 1584p. The 1800p will look obviously clearer and that resolution is achieved through the VRS saving on areas you're not looking at.
This is all well documented in the videos I've posted.

Mr Moose

Again that screen is in a dark area, zoomed in and as there is no weapon probably at the edge of a screen, pretty irrelevant to the player during gameplay. Exactly the sort of area VRS is designed to save performance.
People seem to be under the impression that VRS is some sort of full screen effect hence the rather stupid Vaseline meme. It isn't, it's certain areas frame by frame and is totally dynamic. Turn to that area in your screen and it will resolve at full shading rate.
So take a portion of the middle of the screen where the weapon is and the player is looking, that will resolve under Tier 2 VRS at the full shading rate, on one it will be 1800p and the other around 1584p. The 1800p will look obviously clearer and that resolution is achieved through the VRS saving on areas you're not looking at.
This is all well documented in the videos I've posted.
That's the middle of the image and it's a crop not a zoom.
doometernalxsxrts1.jpg

VRS is used in the lightest and darkest areas I think in games that use it well like Gears, on VR games (and maybe racing games) I think it'd be best used at the edges of the screen because they can target anything outside of direct view.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
That's the middle of the image and it's a crop not a zoom.
doometernalxsxrts1.jpg

VRS is used in the lightest and darkest areas I think in games that use it well like Gears, on VR games (and maybe racing games) I think it'd be best used at the edges of the screen because they can target anything outside of direct view.

That's the idea, your still looking at a still screen from a game running at 120fps, the very next frame the shading rate could be totally different. I played through both Gears 5 and Doom Eternal on Series X and never noticed anything at all. Even since then though as in the video I posted they have made more improvements and performance savings. We will see if Forza uses VRS and how it fairs there once it's taken into consideration from the start and not added in later.

Top Bottom