• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sales: MoH And NFS = 5+ Million, FIFA11 = 11.5 Million, Dead Space 2 = 2 Million

Haunted

FIFA more than doubling Madden is a first, I think.

Too bad about the derivative, uninspired and overly linear MoH managing to ride the coattails of CoD's success, but there's nothing we can do about that. :/

The oft chastised and underperforming Airborne was a much, much better game.

Hopefully with all these numbers coming out we can get some new Bad Company 2 sales numbers. I think it was over 5 million+ last time EA released any figures.

Bebpo

Banned
Proof enough that they should get going on Mirrors Edge 2 since retailers like to stock their games :)

Jtrizzy

Anyone know how the BF3 beta codes were setup in the case for MOH? I was in blockbuster the other day and the little slips were in the case but is said the codes are on the disc? I want in on the beta, but im guessing its too late to get copies of MOH that contain the beta code. Even if they were, the beta for this game was terrible, so id rather not buy it if I don't have to.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Darkshier said:
Hopefully with all these numbers coming out we can get some new Bad Company 2 sales numbers. I think it was over 5 million+ last time EA released any figures.
We actually got those from one of the lead designers.

Demize99 said:
@dtantsikian I think you confused your pronouns again. "I" is not interchangable with "we" Obviously BFBC2 is a big failure. 7million plus.
Source: http://twitter.com/Demize99/status/20223468549181440

The last EA released numbers were 6 million.

Tech Spotlight said:
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 selling twice as many copies as the first game did, a cool 6 million
Source: http://techspotlight.net/news/battlefield-bad-company-2-sells-over-6-million-copies

therapist

Neuromancer said:
You missed out on an excellent single player campaign.

I won't comment on the multiplayer, though.

Nope, was bland as fuck and introduced nothing new and the scripted moments were just retarded.

Surprised it sold that much , especially considering everyone bithing about the mp beta, which was well deserved as it was pretty horrible on both console and pc.

Hot pursuit is awesome though :)

Also , dead space 2 will sell a lot more , it just came out ,and its fuckin amazing!

Haunted said:
FIFA more than doubling Madden is a first, I think.

Too bad about the derivative, uninspired and overly linear MoH managing to ride the coattails of CoD's success, but there's nothing we can do about that. :/
You are joking right?

Good for EA, I hope they have success. And hopefully Dead Space 2 will get sold a lot so we maybe can gain a popularity in horror games.

gtmax

Xater said:
Good for Criterion. I would have no problem with them doing another NFS as long as they are given two years. Even Criterion can probably not work their magic in just a year.

Agree 100%. NFS is actually very good. I'm having a lot of fun with it and the engine sounds are godly!

Nirolak said:
We actually got those from one of the lead designers.

Source: http://twitter.com/Demize99/status/20223468549181440

The last EA released numbers were 6 million.

Source: http://techspotlight.net/news/battlefield-bad-company-2-sells-over-6-million-copies
Thanks Niro. BC2 sold 4 million less copies than FIFA 11 but yet made $1 million more in digital revenue($42m vs $43m according to latest slides). That's pretty damn impressive. Hopefully the bulk of that was Vietnam sales and lets DICE now that Battlefield players want more of that.

Messi

Great for fifa, NFS, Dead space 2. All well deserved. Fifa was excellent this year.

I wonder if this makes EA realise the value of a sequel to a average selling game. Dead space has been allowed to grow in its sequel (and it is awesome) maybe they can give that same chance to mirrors edge?

Patryn

Hooray for Dead Space 2!

Now bring on Dead Space 3, and make it as long - if not longer - than Dead Space 1.

Nizz

I'm sooo happy for Dead Space 2! I don't have enough cash to pick the game up just yet but judging by the official thread the game sounds awesome. I loved the first game and with the news of how well DS2 is doing it hopefully leads to a DS3.

Now I'd love to see a sequel to Mirror's Edge announced. C'mon EA!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Very cool news about Dead Space 2. Glad to see it's doing well, Visceral deserves it.

Afrikan

AshMcCool said:
Remember when everyone hated EA for destroying Bullfrog, Westwood, Origin etc.?

Those were the days!

when they finally start taking Madden serious, and release one that does the sport justice. Then the healing can start.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Poimandres said:
Is NFS the best selling Criterion game ever?

Amazing what a brand name can do. Well deserved.
Burnout Paradise sold a little over 1 million copies by comparison.

How did boring Dead Space series take off while Mirror's Edge got left behind? maaan I don't understand. Really disappointed me when I played that game.

Good on EA though. FIFA series is a monster.

Haunted

Prophet Steve said:
You are joking right?
Hm? I don't think Madden ever got outsold that hard by FIFA before. At least not for as far back as I can remember (and since these things have been tracked properly).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Drkirby said:
How much did Madden 10 sell last year? It seems every year the games sell less and less.
I think this is a flat performance.

Haunted said:
Hm? I don't think Madden ever got outsold that hard by FIFA before. At least not as far back as I can remember these things actually being tracked properly.
Yeah, FIFA went up 16% in sales this year, and last year was also a giant growth year.

Kafel

Banned
butter_stick said:
FIFA 11 is so good. There's plenty to improve but it's just so damn fun.

I play that game online almost every day. I think PES fans took their time but they resigned themselves to finally migrate to the best franchise.

therapist said:
Nope, was bland as fuck and introduced nothing new and the scripted moments were just retarded.
Nope. It was awesome. They nailed the atmosphere and tone and the whole game was much more grounded than BC2/CoD.

Tiktaalik

FIFA is doing spectacular. For folks who have been following the series for a while what would you say is the reason? I understand that in the last three versions they've finally gotten the quality level high enough that it's become the go to game for soccer fans over Winning Eleven. Is this increase in sales due to FIFA eating into marketshare that Winning Eleven previously held?

As well I suppose one could argue that soccer is simply becoming more popular. I live in Canada, not a traditional soccer country, but I feel that the excitement level for the recent World Cup was significantly higher than the one before.

Messi

Tiktaalik said:
FIFA is doing spectacular. For folks who have been following the series for a while what would you say is the reason? I understand that in the last three versions they've finally gotten the quality level high enough that it's become the go to game for soccer fans over Winning Eleven. Is this increase in sales due to FIFA eating into marketshare that Winning Eleven previously held?

As well I suppose one could argue that soccer is simply becoming more popular. I live in Canada, not a traditional soccer country, but I feel that the excitement level for the recent World Cup was significantly higher than the one before.

Fifa has been getting better year after year for the past 3 years. That might be part of it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Darkshier said:
Thanks Niro. BC2 sold 4 million less copies than FIFA 11 but yet made $1 million more in digital revenue($42m vs $43m according to latest slides). That's pretty damn impressive. Hopefully the bulk of that was Vietnam sales and lets DICE now that Battlefield players want more of that.

I don't mind $15 Battlefield multiplayer on digi distro, SO LONG AS THERE IS MAPS.

1943: 3 maps (no the airplane doesn't count), no new maps two years later. Was fun for a summer, but feel ripped off.
Vietnam: 5 maps. Attached to BC2 which I play the shit out of. Not so ripped off, but still overpriced a bit.

EYEL1NER

Hope we see another Medal of Honor next year then. I am very happy that it is doing well, since I only ever see people trash it for how short it is.
Good to see that people ITT know what's up.

NIN90

Wonder why DS2 does so great sales-wise, it's pretty much the same game (that's not a knock on the game so put your torches down)
Seems like proper marketing goes a long way? Then again, DS1's launch window was horrible (Fall 2008).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Poimandres said:
God damn. What the hell is wrong with people?!
Clearly it should have been called Need For Speed: Paradise.

Edit:

Wait, this gives me an idea.

Need For Speed: Mirror's Edge

Faith makes engine noises with her mouth when she runs. Instant 5 million copies.

StuBurns

Banned
NIN90 said:
Wonder why DS2 does so great sales-wise, it's pretty much the same game (that's not a knock on the game so put your torches down)
Seems like proper marketing goes a long way? Then again, DS1's launch window was horrible (Fall 2008).
Well naturally it should have, over the two years since the original, more people have bought it used, pirated it, rented it, lent it from friends etc. The audience for day one was naturally inflated on top of possibly better marketing which of course goes a long way. And the installbase is significantly larger.

I'll be interested to see the PS3/360 breakdown, we've seen the PS3 sales do a little better when the PS3 version has had a bonus but I'm not sure if there'll be much cross pollination between Move owners and a game like this, I could certainly be wrong though.

Not to be a Negative Nelly but at this point we only know that DS2 has shipped the same number of copies as DS1. It's entirely possible that it'll be more frontloaded as people who came to DS1 late buy DS2 day one (as I did).

I hope that's not the case and it does indeed go on to significantly outpace the sales of its predecessor, but I'm not counting chickens until they hatch.

Also I'm trying to remember back to 2008, did Dead Space get any time at any console makers E3 conference?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Die Squirrel Die said:
Not to be a Negative Nelly but at this point we only know that DS2 has shipped the same number of copies as DS1. It's entirely possible that it'll be more frontloaded as people who came to DS1 late buy DS2 day one (as I did).

I hope that's not the case and it does indeed go on to significantly outpace the sales of its predecessor, but I'm not counting chickens until they hatch.

Also I'm trying to remember back to 2008, did Dead Space get any time at any console makers E3 conference?
Even if Dead Space 2 stopped selling tomorrow, these copies were all at full price, while the majority of copies sold of the last game were $30 or less, so they've already made way more money this time around.

NIN90

Poimandres said:

Boring games don't sell so good!!
This is coming from someone who bought it three times. THREE TIMES. If I could sell my Steam copy that I got for 5€, hell I would

markao

FIFA has become HUGE ....... any numbers on their marketing budget (EA sports), must also be HUUUUGE, see ads in football stadiums (boardings) around the world on a weekly basis.

Nice numbers for Criterion, well deserved great racer and same for MOH, love to see an similar style, but improved and longer(SP), sequel.

boingball

Wario64 said:
Hopefully this doesn't mean Criterion is stuck with Need for Speed, as great as it is.

Yeah, I like Criterion's NFS (I got the platinum 10 days ago), but I like Burnout more.

jkanownik

NIN90 said:
Boring games don't sell so good!!
This is coming from someone who bought it three times. THREE TIMES. If I could sell my Steam copy that I got for 5€, hell I would

Get some friends.

hamchan

Poimandres said:

They could probably make a new Burnout game but call it NFS and it'll sell millions more.

I hope not though.

(I like Hot Pursuit much more than Burnout Paradise)

Top Bottom