• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sales: MoH And NFS = 5+ Million, FIFA11 = 11.5 Million, Dead Space 2 = 2 Million

Yes, Need for Speed has always sold pretty well, but 5+ million for the time that Hot Pursuit has been on the market is quite good.

Burnout Paradise didn't do very well be comparison, but it's difficult to tell how much mind-share the quality of the game built up over time. How many people were immediately interested in Hot Pursuit after dismissing Undercover, simply because 'the Burnout guys' were making a new NFS?

Sometimes game sales are like TV ratings. They don't always go up right when the show gets good, and they don't always crater right when the show goes bad. Sometimes a great game can get people looking in the right direction, even if it doesnt sell as well as it probably deserved. Same could be said of Dead Space.

No idea how many copies of Burnout Paradise were downloaded on Steam or PSN.

Why For?

Banned
Fuck yeah Dead Space 2.

Man that game is awesome. Beat it on Casual last night, and immediately started my Zealot run through.

Game deserves the sales. Hope it continues so we can get Dead Space 3.

hamchan said:
They could probably make a new Burnout game but call it NFS and it'll sell millions more.

I hope not though.

(I like Hot Pursuit much more than Burnout Paradise)

My favourite Criterion game is Burnout 2. Hot Pursuit captured a lot of that pure racing magic.

Still, it's obvious that HP sold well because of its branding. That's what pisses me off. Games selling because of branding and not because of their quality.

Its awesome that after DS2 and ME kinda bombed, EA found success with a sequel. Now hopefully ME2 gets another chance, there's still lots of room for improvement and I think it could do well.

iNvid02

fifa increase is prob down to the online pass stopping a lot of used sales. buying a fifa game for the launch rrp every year is insane. you might have to wait until after xmas but it'll be less than half price.

bwtw

Neo Member
In the UK at least you can easily pick up FIFA around launch day for a really low price due to supermarket deals.

kitzkozan

Lion Heart said:
Its awesome that after DS2 and ME kinda bombed, EA found success with a sequel. Now hopefully ME2 gets another chance, there's still lots of room for improvement and I think it could do well.

You mean Dead space and ME2?

Mass effect 3 should be the best selling of the trilogy,since we are talking of a release on both the PS3+360+PC (should do 3+ million easily).

Even so,it seems Dragon age sold close to 5 million copies so fantasy is more popular than sci-fi when it come to rpg.Mass effect didn't bomb,but it just doesn't have the pure draw of a fantasy rpg.

Dead space was released at a bad time,when there's a lot of heavy hitters.Not surprised to see that the sequel should easily outsell it.

What I really get from these numbers: western games sell excessively well in the west. :p

JesseZao

angelfly said:
Good to NFS did so well. After the last few games I had lost hope that EA would ever make another one as good as or better than Most Wanted. Well deserved sales.
That's the kind of endorsement to sell me on in. Most Wanted was the last nfs I enjoyed as well; good quality game.

FLEABttn

Banned
LM4sure said:
Wut. I've heard that this game is terrible. Now people like it?

It has a solid base, with some minor jank, an alright story, and a little short. The next with more time in the oven should be really nice.

The MP hate is what it is, thought I found the PC version of it to be significantly better than the console version.

I'm surprised MoH did well. I thought it was the most bland fps I've played this gen. Like I'm not sure how putting in no effort would allow them to beat CoD.

Replicant

Nirolak said:
Dead Space 2: 2 Million Shipped

This means that Dead Space 2 has basically shipped as much as Dead Space 1's LTD in a single week.

Sooo, that's a good thing, right? I hope EA is happy with the result because I want Dead Space 3.

Replicant

Nirolak said:
Yeah, they're extremely happy with it judging by their fiscal call.

Thanks! Good to know. Because I remember that they weren't exactly happy with the result of Dead Space 1 and for a while I thought that was the end of the series.

rvy

Banned
DS2 has been in retail for... 2 or 3 weeks? Great numbers.
FIFA is a beast. Maybe EA can take hints from what made it successful and use them in Madden. Madden sucks.
Great numbers for Hot Pursuit.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I'm so glad DS2 is outselling the first, so quickly. Hopefully, it shows pubs that giving up on a promising franchise, after one installment, can be a mistake.

I myself just completed DS1 two days ago, and haven't had a chance to pick up #2. Thanks for picking up my slack.

I'll wait until the SSS (Steam Summer Sale).

Meier

Neuromancer said:
You missed out on an excellent single player campaign.

I won't comment on the multiplayer, though.
Are there many achievements tied to multi? I might have to give it a shot if not.

Top Bottom