• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA: Star Wars: Battlefront releasing Holiday 2015, Battlefield 5 in Holiday 2016

UrbanRats

I assume we'll get an extensive look this coming E3 then.
I wonder if we'll get a smaller teaser sooner, like at the VGAs.

CentroXer

Banned
battlefront will just be battlefield with a star wars skin. you watch. bet it doesn't have space battles(simultaneously with the battle on the ground) either, something that the PSP battlefront had.

Battlefront has a 3rd person view, so it is not going to be exactly the same.

Where does Mirror's Edge fit in that? I'm hoping Battlefront works out, and that the teams involved will be given the time they need for each of these projects.

I should replay the Battlefronts again, need to find a copy of the first one though.

I believe it's on Steam.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Ugh delayed...Would love to play this on summer, but makes sense if they want to go with the Episode VII momentum

Jb

Really stoked to see Dice taking on Battlefront.
As (deservedly) shat on they were for BF4's tech woes, it's still a really fun game with cool map design that I haven't gotten tired of a year later.

Cornbread78

2 EA shooters every year from now on huh. Titanfall 2 is probably 2016 I reckon.

I really hope Battlefront does not resemble Battlefield in any way...

Spring then fall sounds fine as long as the development cycle is long enough and the development teams are not spread too thin..

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
just before Episode VII, makes a lot of sense

Please don't fuck this up EA/DICE!

Son Of D

Battlefront is just in time for Episode 7. The best timing for that game.

This announcement suggests EA is going with a three year rotation between Battlefield, Battlefield Hardline, and Battlefront.

I wonder if Hardline will remove the Battlefield name later on. I can see that preventing Battlefield fatigue.

CentroXer

Banned
speculation on what each DICE studio is working on:

DICE Stockholm 1 = Star Wars Battlefront 3
DICE Stockholm 2 = Mirrors Edge 2
DICE LA = Battlefield 5

adj_noun

It still seems crazy to me that we've had such an effective Star Wars drought.

Even crazier that they had things like that Wii game and just didn't release 'em.

CentroXer

Banned
Calling it a "third person component" and not just flat out saying you can play in third person makes me wonder if it's not just referring to the way you can switch to third person while in a vehicle in Battlefield, but not while on foot.

yeah there has already been footage of 3rd person vehicles.

Chobel

In their previous call they expected it to do about 1/3rd of a mainline Battlefield game, with intentions to slot in other things to help fortify that results to make up the Battlefield hole.

OK, that makes sense. But damn! They need many games to fill that missing 2/3 BF sales.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Just mentioned on the EA fiscal call.

As a note, DICE has over 500 employees with separate teams for Battlefront, Battlefield, and Mirror's Edge.

This announcement suggests EA is going with a three year rotation between Battlefield, Battlefield Hardline, and Battlefront.

c'mon, i told you that like a year ago :)

Shredderi

No sale then, nobody wants a AAA WW2 fps again. It's been like 7 years since WaW and WW2 is still played out, more played out than MW could ever hope to be.

You are right and wrong; I do want a new AAA WW2 fps, but then again I am a nobody.
:')

KKRT00

I think the last time I played Battlefront was at a friend's house a decade ago. Is there any chance of a campaign mode?

Campaign is a given, the problem is how good it will be :)

Damn, so excited for Battlefront, so many years passed since the last good action Star Wars title.

Top Bottom