• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EARWOLF |OT| Podcasts for Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vert boil

Has anyone purchased any podcast episodes from the Earwolf store? I heard that one of the CBB Live episodes from a few months ago was especially good so I bought it three days ago, but I haven't received a download link and my order still says "unfulfilled" on the website. I did get an email right away that said that the order went through, and I was charged the $2.99. I've emailed them twice so far but haven't heard a peep. Does it normally take several days just to get a damn download link?

When I've bought things in the past (things could be different now) it's been fairly immediate. Although it shouldn't be an issue anymore, they moved offices a few weeks ago so there could be a backlog or some other issue.
You could try tweeting @earwolf or @ComedyBangBang and say you were having an issue with a purchase and your emails hadn't been responded to. They are usually responsive if you have an actual issue and aren't just asking for Cyber Thug to return. ;(

Roulette

All caught up with UTU2TM. Had high hopes for the PFT episode but it wasn't so great.

Not sure what's going on with Scott being a prick to Scott. After a while it didn't sound/feel like he was joking. I guess we'll see where that goes.

Also, I kind of resent being made to remember a time when I liked U2.

big ander

Was already set to call the 5th Anniversary one of the best of the year so far and then they did a Closing Sentiment-Off that I had to pause multiple times from laughing. Traci is incredible.
All caught up with UTU2TM. Had high hopes for the PFT episode but it wasn't so great.

Not sure what's going on with Scott being a prick to Scott. After a while it didn't sound/feel like he was joking. I guess we'll see where that goes.

Also, I kind of resent being made to remember a time when I liked U2.
I think they were just being dicks to each other the way some friends are.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Watched the first two episodes of Playing House. The first... not great. The second was a lot better, I thought. The gnome side story was stupid as hell though.

KarmaCow

CBB has been on a roll for the past few weeks. Even the one with the Sklarbros was good because even Scott has to dial it back the show because of where Horatio + the Sklarbros go. Lauren Lapkus and PFT in the other five episode were the best.

I don't know how many people listen to Who Charted but Armen Weitzman has been guest hosting since Howard is on tour but holy shit. Every episode has been slathered in his crippling insecurity and it's hard to see what's part of the joke. The latest episode with Matt Besser is basically Besser shitting on him and calling him out on his neurotic behaviour while Armen is trying his hardest to suck up. It's brutal, but also amazing.

Bacon

The staind glass podcast was fantastic. I really like when they bring another voice onto the podcast, it gets a little stale when it is just the two of them, still good though.

Vert boil

it gets a little stale when it is just the two of them

scottshakeheads8jux.gif

Jerkson

Banned
CBB has been on a roll for the past few weeks. Even the one with the Sklarbros was good because even Scott has to dial it back the show because of where Horatio + the Sklarbros go. Lauren Lapkus and PFT in the other five episode were the best.

I don't know how many people listen to Who Charted but Armen Weitzman has been guest hosting since Howard is on tour but holy shit. Every episode has been slathered in his crippling insecurity and it's hard to see what's part of the joke. The latest episode with Matt Besser is basically Besser shitting on him and calling him out on his neurotic behaviour while Armen is trying his hardest to suck up. It's brutal, but also amazing.

I haven't been able to listen to a whole episode of Who Charted since Armen has been filling in. Even with one of my favorites, PFT, I couldn't last longer than 15 minutes. So glad Howard is back tomorrow.

big ander

Todd Glass is hilarious to listen to but I think I'd be annoyed by him/simply laugh at him in person. He ADDS reverb to songs?! He has just a drummer play along to music?! He apparently didn't get the Staind Glass pun until 2 hours into the podcast?! He thought Scott paid $10 for a song?! It's hysterical because at all times he's either 5 steps behind everyone else or 3 steps ahead but talking indecipherably on a barely-related subject. After Staind Glass I listened to part of a CBB I've never heard, ep 59, where Glass talks about how on Philly radio some Subaru people said they could get his mom a Subaru but then it turned out a junior exec lied and they had to rescind the offer. Not only was his trying to figure out what to do next hilarious (PFT and Scott were giving him the obvious correct answer of "nothing, it's too bad" but he kept coming back to "maybe I should complain on philly radio" or something) but I was bugged/cracking up at him pronouncing Subaru "soo-bah-ROO", completely wacky emphasis and he just kept doing it and nobody mentioned it!

Of course maybe all of that's his intentional bit and I'm a dumb idiot not getting that it's the entire joke.

I don't listen to whooch but I saw him in a show last night and he was really really funny.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
If you're talking about the most recent one with Todd Glass and James Adomian, I totally disagree. That first segment was really interesting and quite unlike what we usually get in CBB, and it was great to hear some frank discussion on what it's like for a gay comedian. I have to admit I wasn't really as interested before I heard it as Adomian's always a bit hit and miss for me, but I really enjoyed the episode. Both parts. Todd Glass is always great though.

way more

For fans of Besser that episode is a must. It really shows how dedicated he is to improv and comedy. I don't check into Who Charted too often but this is easily my favorite ep. Kuku actually really impressed me this time to with how she kept the show going and supported both her guest co-host and their guest.

What are the other Who Charted eps of note?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
If you're talking about the most recent one with Todd Glass and James Adomian, I totally disagree. That first segment was really interesting and quite unlike what we usually get in CBB, and it was great to hear some frank discussion on what it's like for a gay comedian. I have to admit I wasn't really as interested before I heard it as Adomian's always a bit hit and miss for me, but I really enjoyed the episode. Both parts. Todd Glass is always great though.

I enjoyed it up until Paul Giamatti came out. Then I turned it off.

big ander

Shed Busting was fantastic for the opening segment of Glass and James and Scott just being funny. And I liked that Glass actually addressed what I said in my other post after Staind Glass: he's kinda slow. But it's okay to not be able to follow every conversation and bit when you also offer insight like he did in that opening. Even when his thoughts were jumbled you could tell he had a lot to say on the subjects of political correctness in comedy and visibility of homosexuality.

UTU2TM finally getting to spider-man was good. Funny when they go from time-killing hilariousness to actually talking about the subject, and they got into a lot of great anecdotes from the making of the show. Wonder what they'll do next.

This b-b-bonus CBB with Odenkirk is pretty bad, just getting to the characs in the second half. Odenkirk's good as always, the Thor guy was nice. But Adam is horribly neurotic and hard to listen to. Turning a 2 minute reading from your book into some 12 minute thing where you nervously talk about how you didn't prepare and you're doing so bad and you're sorry you're sorry my bad--christ.

Bacon

Anyone listen to the new U talkin u2 to me yet? Complete nonsense in the best way. Having one podcast layered on top of the other was chaotic but still hilarious. The bit where they went through all of the sub podcasts was a favorite moment of mine.

big ander

Yeah I want to make a map of all of the subpodcasts. I mean Oliver Subpodcasts.

The commentary gimmick made my brain explode. I was sure it would end at the first commercial break. Nope!

CBB with Jenny Slate and Merrill Garbus and Sappity Tappity. Slate is so goddamn funny, and Garbus didn't clam up like a lot of musicians do. RIP Scott's streak of not saying real names

Bread

Banned
omg sappity tappity is back!? fuck yes, he's my 2nd favorite daly character only to mall mccartney (kb you can drive my toys)

Anyone listen to the new U talkin u2 to me yet? Complete nonsense in the best way. Having one podcast layered on top of the other was chaotic but still hilarious. The bit where they went through all of the sub podcasts was a favorite moment of mine.

I loved that they only started to question whether having the first episode in the background might be annoying to people in the final few minutes of the episode.

SmithnCo

Yeah, that was crazy, lol. All those sub-podcasts.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Yeah, that was crazy, lol. All those sub-podcasts.

Yup...that was the culmination of that bit and worked great. They've done a little bit of nesting those before, but nothing like in this episode. I wonder if Engineer Cody edits the intro/outros in afterwards or how much prep they do for that joke.

big ander

I felt terrible for laughing as hard as I did at "I'm going to relapse"

But Harris seems like he generally is coping and has a support network so I'm glad for him and think he'll keep it up

Riki

The handful of comments for the episode on the site are promising..time to check this out. It's been like 20 years since this guy was relevant. Back then I was just a little boy who wanted to be a big boy - too young to appreciate comedy. He wore funny pants is all I remember.

Sinbad, like most good comedians, is really best when he's just improving and riffing.
This is a big reason I love Never Not Funny. There's no bits or skits or "jokes". It's just funny or interesting people having fun and talking.
This episode, in particular, is good because you get a good look at Sinbad's past and just how his mind works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom