• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EARWOLF |OT| Podcasts for Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Anybody else notice improv4humans old eps aren't behind the paywall? I'd like to think Besser just complained so many times they let him have his way. Although, he hasn't really been vocal about it on the podcasts that I can remember.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Matt Besser's new Stitcher Premium project is finally out (first ep). It apparently has a part with Harris Wittels at some point. Gonna listen on my ride home.

Jeremy

Quick, gimme a classic Hollywood Handbook ep to listen to before bed! Not a controversial ep, just a consistent ep with a bad ass guest. I’ve been catching up for like two years now and I’m up to the New Card Business ep but it’s really hard to remember specific eps, I really even forgot the original format of the show until they did it as a joke some episodes back. Anyway, thanks!

If not a HH ep, maybe a classic Scharpling and Wurster bit.

Catvoca

Banned
Quick, gimme a classic Hollywood Handbook ep to listen to before bed! Not a controversial ep, just a consistent ep with a bad ass guest. I’ve been catching up for like two years now and I’m up to the New Card Business ep but it’s really hard to remember specific eps, I really even forgot the original format of the show until they did it as a joke some episodes back. Anyway, thanks!

Brian Husky, Our Close Friend for some of that Young Pope goodness.

Definitely listen to both parts of the Mother 13 on Mt. Everest S&W bit

Then the Hot Dog Go To Bathroom episode of HH (is it 102?)

Then watch this, over and over again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqvG4rc3ows

Jeremy

I'm probably gonna go through these in order, thanks guys. For some reason when I think back on HH, I can't recall a lot of the eps and what happens, but the Ross Mathews episode always sticks out because he unexpectedly fit right in with the boys and was hilarious and this was around the time they started to get the engineers super involved as these sort of 'real life characters' and I think Ross teaching Andy how to be a better intern is a classic moment.

Also glad to revisit some Scharpling and Wurster, I wish I had my hands on all their stuff since I feel like even the boxset is missing some stuff, though my favorite moment in the entire show is the "Jimmy Crespo & Mac" phone call. Also that damn "Archie Bunker's Place finale" skit is so god damn hilarious too.

I'm probably gonna go through these in order, thanks guys. For some reason when I think back on HH, I can't recall a lot of the eps and what happens, but the Ross Mathews episode always sticks out because he unexpectedly fit right in with the boys and was hilarious and this was around the time they started to get the engineers super involved as these sort of 'real life characters' and I think Ross teaching Andy how to be a better intern is a classic moment.

Also glad to revisit some Scharpling and Wurster, I wish I had my hands on all their stuff since I feel like even the boxset is missing some stuff, though my favorite moment in the entire show is the "Jimmy Crespo & Mac" phone call. Also that damn "Archie Bunker's Place finale" skit is so god damn hilarious too.

Oh my god Jimmy Crespo.

The Springsteen Book bit is also just phenomenal.

Jeremy

Which episode is it where Sean, Hayes and the guest talk about their favorite ‘escapes’ and it all ends up being locations significant to the Christopher Dorner manhunt?

I'll post here since the HDTGM thread is dead again. The 10/7 live show movies have been posted:

qkjLkRX.jpg

fuck this movie is incredible

(the last dragon)

I honestly found the Shogun guy and the villain guy really compelling. I wonder why they weren't in more stuff - especially the villain dude. I could've seen him as the bad business man in every 80s movie.

Speaking of HDTGM movies, wait til you see Virtuosity (which is free on Youtube). Next level bonkers. The UFC scene alone was amazing.

Anyone catch MMA superstar Kevin Bartelt deliver that Double Leg Takedown against Wrestling Superstar Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson?

Creep is still number 1

big ander

idk. I don't love the calvins twins. Killam and Brittain are both hilarious, but I've enjoyed pretty much everything else they've done together on the show more than I have the calvins twins. especially everything Brittain's done. The trampoline guy, Richard Bunn. He's hysterical.

I fell months behind on CBB but caught up over the last few weeks. of late I think the lost Patton ep is great—Drew Tarver as Randy Travels is stupid funny and Scott and Patton talk him into so many corners, it's perfect. the one with "John Lennon" and Chris Gethard was great too, and Andy Richter/Alison Rich's world record seeker/John Gemberling's etiquette person was super. I really loved the Herzog/Slow Pesci one until they just had to link it back to the fourvel stuff for no reason.

HotHamBoy

I really loved the Herzog/Slow Pesci one until they just had to link it back to the fourvel stuff for no reason.

Blame Scott, dude is OBSESSED with callbacks to the detriment of everything.

That episode is great, though, and Fourvel always makes me laugh so I was okay with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom