• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EARWOLF |OT| Podcasts for Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulapik

So if I theoretically wanted to get the episodes from the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project somewhere, where would be a good resource? Not particularly keen on subbing to howl for one podcast, and somehow all my episodes got deleted (I guess when they made the switch to paid?).

Currently Stitcher Premium has a 90% off the yearly sub if you use the promo code BATOUR. It leaves it at around $3.50 a year.

kulapik

Not sure if it works anymore, though, Chris Gethard mentioned it in the last three episodes of Beautiful Anonymous but I haven't heard this weeks yet

Shit... 3 bucks? Damn I just bought my pal a subscription last week. That shit always happens to me. I bought the goddamn matrix trilogy and then I put Netflix on and they're on there. :-/

I like the widow howl app better. You could search a name and get all their ep appearances.

big ander

The signed posters were out when I checked before like 9am central, I assume the only people that got em were hh message board members and they earned it I guess

I still can't believe Scott Anchorman would call of the Boys' guests and pretend to be their sick love ones. Really detestable action on the part of the choctaw. I'm glad the earwolf execs fired him and gave all of his power to Sean and Hayes.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I still can't believe Scott Anchorman would call of the Boys' guests and pretend to be their sick love ones. Really detestable action on the part of the choctaw. I'm glad the earwolf execs fired him and gave all of his power to Sean and Hayes.

Getting rid of Scott and getting the Sklar Bros... big day for Earwolf!

HotHamBoy

I just saw that the HH recorded live at the UCB w/ Kumail Nanjiani got posted on the regular feed. That was previously a Howl exclusive.

That is one of their best live episodes, super fun.

Checked out a few episodes of Hollywood Handbook and I'm still not sure if their guests aren't told what the tone of the show is, or they are just really good at pretending to be confused.about the hosts mispronouncing things and using wrong names for people.

Catvoca

Banned
Checked out a few episodes of Hollywood Handbook and I'm still not sure if their guests aren't told what the tone of the show is, or they are just really good at pretending to be confused.about the hosts mispronouncing things and using wrong names for people.

That's one of the great things about the show, because you get a range of reactions from the guests. Some try and play along, some are actively antagonistic to show (both jokingly like Adam Pally, or not so much like Pauly Shore), and a lot of people are just straight up confused and can barely attempt to keep up with Sean and Hayes.

That's one of the great things about the show, because you get a range of reactions from the guests. Some try and play along, some are actively antagonistic to show (both jokingly like Adam Pally, or not so much like Pauly Shore), and a lot of people are just straight up confused and can barely attempt to keep up with Sean and Hayes.

I mean, that works in these first few episodes when the show was new and guests couldn't look it up, but surely eventually the word spread and at some point people know what they're getting into?

Catvoca

Banned
I mean, that works in these first few episodes when the show was new and guests couldn't look it up, but surely eventually the word spread and at some point people know what they're getting into?

Yeah, that's true. I'd say the first like ~100 episodes are like that, but the show is such a different thing now and they pretty much only have people they know on so you don't get the weird reactions as much. But HH was an obscure thing barely anyone cared about for such a long time that there's a really long tail on the guests not really knowing what the show is about. The Grace Helbig ep is maybe my favourite example of this.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I've said it before but it's truly shocking the amount of podcasts behind the paywall that are two or three years old that haven't had their ads removed.

Bacon

I've said it before but it's truly shocking the amount of podcasts behind the paywall that are two or three years old that haven't had their ads removed.

I had a feeling this was going to be the case. Sounds like a really annoying and time consuming thing to go through the massive backlog of podcasts and manually remove the ads. I wouldn't be surprised if it never happens.

HotHamBoy

I just listened to the Hard Nation with Sean and Hayes. So good.

Listening to all of HN now. Mary Holland is perfect as Sarah Palin.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I had a feeling this was going to be the case. Sounds like a really annoying and time consuming thing to go through the massive backlog of podcasts and manually remove the ads. I wouldn't be surprised if it never happens.

It's just so shitty - especially on shows where I don't really care about the ad reads like Improv4humans

Would be interesting if they had some automated way to do it (with human verification). There are common stings in some shows like CBB before they go to commercial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom