• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EARWOLF |OT| Podcasts for Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasper

500 was great and Gino's FBI story was fucking hilarious. Wish PFT was someone else though because I can't stand Cal Solomon. :-\

Yup, I can't think of a weaker character in terms of PFT, though I wouldn't say I can't stand him, just that he's completely uninteresting and the rap bit isn't at all funny.

Overall it was a very good ep, though. 2017 has imo been the weakest year for CBB yet, but this was very solid.

Off Book is easily one of the most impressive things I've ever had the pleasure listening to.

I knew Jess McKenna was awesome from Bang Bang but she's on a whole other level.

Subscribed to Beautilful/Anonymous after listening to a few episodes. That's a good show. Then checked out what else Earwolf has.

Listened to Off-Book, and specifically really liked McKenna on it for some reason. I don't even know why, the show just started and twenty seconds later my brain went "This Jess lady sure seems great"

So I looked up who she is and if she's done anything else interesting and Google reminded me that Comedy Bang Bang is something that I keep hearing is great but have never gotten around to. Subscribed to the podcast, saw that most episodes are behind a paywall, and unsubscribed. Then I imagined them justifying the paywall with a "Our large archive makes getting into the show difficult for new people" type of excuse, and laughed.

Catvoca

Banned
Improv4Humans just did the funniest trilogy of episodes with Gabrus, Jessica McKenna and Eugene Cordero. Haven't laughed as hard at a podcast in a while.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
500 was great and Gino's FBI story was fucking hilarious. Wish PFT was someone else though because I can't stand Cal Solomon. :-
I love PFT but he kinda ruined the middle section of the podcast, it was one of the funniest when they weren't trying to do a long bit and just saying whatever the hell they thought up.

Tried to use Stitcher for a bit to listen to Hollywood Masterclass. That app is absolute trash, and I’m not going to keep the subscription beyond the trial because of it.
Someone really needs to come up with a good solution for premium podcasts. I’m surprised at how long it seems to be taking Apple to do more with this. Just integrate them into an Apple Music subscription or allow premium or individual podcasts to have their own subscription or something.

big ander

It was a good run, guess I'll get into like hello magic tavern and off book now I mean if they're around over handbook they must be smarter nicer and funnier.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This new Hard Nation is rough, it sounds like the audience at Politicon had absolutely no idea what was going on and the utter lack of reaction was super awkward for the performers. They're constantly joking about audience turnover with people walking out and walking in.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
This new Hard Nation is rough, it sounds like the audience at Politicon had absolutely no idea what was going on and the utter lack of reaction was super awkward for the performers. They're constantly joking about audience turnover with people walking out and walking in.

Holy shit. That audience is SILENT.
EDIT: The episode is actually hilarious. "Here's a bee in my bonnet... That I sowed myself"

Tried to use Stitcher for a bit to listen to Hollywood Masterclass. That app is absolute trash, and I’m not going to keep the subscription beyond the trial because of it.
Someone really needs to come up with a good solution for premium podcasts. I’m surprised at how long it seems to be taking Apple to do more with this. Just integrate them into an Apple Music subscription or allow premium or individual podcasts to have their own subscription or something.
Patreon's private feeds work perfectly for me on Podcast Addict. No reason Earwolf couldn't implement a similar solution, other than wanting to own an ecosystem.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Is it just me or does Feral audio kind of suck at editing? They leave all kinds of "Oh let me try that again" stuff. They did it again in Doughboys this week and there is a long pause of nothing after the initial ads.

Is it just me or does Feral audio kind of suck at editing? They leave all kinds of "Oh let me try that again" stuff. They did it again in Doughboys this week and there is a long pause of nothing after the initial ads.

Oh yeah, there's all kinds of weird editing shit with Feral podcasts. Long silent pauses, leaving outtakes in the final edit, ad breaks with no ads, random bursts of static...

KarmaCow

Oh yeah, there's all kinds of weird editing shit with Feral podcasts. Long silent pauses, leaving outtakes in the final edit, ad breaks with no ads, random bursts of static...

I could be crazy but I think they do some dynamic editting to cycle out old ads and feed in the latest ads. Like I'm pretty sure the Skalrs didn't move to Feral until fairly recently, but I was hearing ads for their podcast when catching up on Dough Boys from 2016.

Although I guess
If they were just listening
It might be usefulllll
For them to know you're a biiiiiiird

I am a bird

Off Book continues its march to greatness

So if I theoretically wanted to get the episodes from the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project somewhere, where would be a good resource? Not particularly keen on subbing to howl for one podcast, and somehow all my episodes got deleted (I guess when they made the switch to paid?).

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So if I theoretically wanted to get the episodes from the Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project somewhere, where would be a good resource? Not particularly keen on subbing to howl for one podcast, and somehow all my episodes got deleted (I guess when they made the switch to paid?).

Does Howl/Stitcher Premium offer a free trial?

HotHamBoy

But Howl has so many good exclusives...

Worth subbing for The Teacher's Lounge alone!

newjeruse

On last nights Best Show, Scharpling said Hollywood Handbook has 6 episodes left. He might have been joking but it sure didn't sound like it.

On last nights Best Show, Scharpling said Hollywood Handbook has 6 episodes left. He might have been joking but it sure didn't sound like it.

Last week Sean said they've been joking about quitting every week but episode 200 is coming up and he thinks that's a good number to go out on. So I think its legit but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom