• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easiest 1000 gamerscore ever?

Zzoram

calder said:
It's not one of the best written cartoon's out there, it's one of the better written TV shows going period.

If they just used the cartoon's dialog/story, this could've been a good game.

Why don't they just give you an additional 1000 Point Achievement just for getting 1000 points while they're at it?

This game is the anti-Blue Dragon.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
·feist· said:
Why don't they just give you an additional 1000 Point Achievement just for getting 1000 points while they're at it?

This game is the anti-Blue Dragon.
I think the max is 1250 points, but yeah, I know where you're going... :D

Haunted

Those fucking annoying achievement points. People seriously considering buying/renting/playing this game just because it provides easy e-penis growth...

Bebpo said:
So if this game sells big in the next NPD, can we just give up on humanity?

Stitch said:
266271191792248061.jpg
:lol so perfect.

MaddenNFL64

Holy shit those are the achievements? Rank 75 in all jobs, rank 10 for all 3 countries, beating all the expansions...

I would have to play for 3 years nonstop.

FFChris

TheGreatDave said:
That's not going to do anything but help it's sales. Or at least, it's rentals.

Exactly.

Good move really, if you make a shitty game and want a few extra sales put some stupidly each achievements in there.

Amir0x

Banned
Stopsign said:
Just saying, Avatar is an awesome anime, and a lot of people on this board will agree with me. I think Amirox loves it too.

Yes Avatar the tv show is fucking fantastic. The animation is also generally bonkers.

However, THIS game is not what the show is like.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Cue abunch of confused Blockbuster employees noticing this game is rented about 30 minutes before its return... :lol

CassSept

Haha, this is pinnacle of achievment development, nothing can beat it (unless they make game in which achievment is unlocked by pressing A):lol
Awesome, if i could i would definitely rent it:lol

Timan

Developer
Doesn't ms have a team thats supposed to check for retarded shit like this? If not they should, 1000 points in 15 seconds is a joke ha, whats the point of even playing the game after that.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Kweh said:
FFXI must be one of the only games that no one has the full 1000

I've had a character logged in for 3500 hours and I only have 180 gamer points, though I am within easy (in theory) striking distance of 100 more.
Have:
Paladin 75
Monk 75
Zilart Complete
Promathia Complete
Aht Urghan Complete

Thisclose to:

Ninja 75
Breaker of the Chains
Bastok Rank 10

And I felt bad for playing King Kong....

Timan said:
Doesn't ms have a team thats supposed to check for retarded shit like this? If not they should, 1000 points in 15 seconds is a joke ha, whats the point of even playing the game after that.

Umm, you're supposed to play a game for fun, not for achievements..

CTLance

Oh god. I watched some youtubed Avatar episodes quite some time ago. Not half bad, I must say.
Shame all Avatar games so far have been letdowns at best.

I pity the guys that will rent this just to increase their 'scores. What a waste of time and money, particularly in this day and age when there are so many blockbuster games coming out.

AtomicShroom said:
"Guards! Increase your numbers!" :lol
Was the dialog written by a programmer? :lol
if (Avatar.exists(this) & System.Buttons.pressed(_BUTTON_B))
{
this.intGuards++;
System.gamerscore.add(1000);
return sales.get()*2;
}

Gimme a SDK, I will write my own game of win, awesome, and greatly increased gamerscore. I have what it takes, this game is proof.

Seriously now... what. the. heck. Are they so tight on budget that they can't hire a decent writer or quality assurance team?

CTLance said:
if (Avatar.exists(this) & System.Buttons.pressed(_BUTTON_B))
{
this.intGuards++;
System.gamerscore.add(1000);
return sales.get()*2;
}

Good code, but unfortunately you missed the following requisite function:

{
e.penis.enlarge(gamerscore);
}

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
SiegfriedFM said:
I'm gonna purge my friends list of anyone who gets these points.

You're playing it right now, aren't you?!

CTLance

gregor7777 said:
Good code, but unfortunately you missed the following requisite function:
{
e.penis.enlarge(gamerscore);
}
That one gets called in the idle loop (it's next to the forums[random(forum.getmax())].post(&scratchpad); invokation).
Or... wait, are you still using Gamer v1.0? Good lord, man, update that shit.
There's a whole lot of features in the newer versions you wouldn't want to miss, like the whole lolcat and meme generation libraries with close ties to the forum interface, increased DRM acceptance and stealthmods for fanboy subroutine calls. There's only a few flaws, the complain() function somehow gets called every time you initialize the forum interface, and the addtolibrary() method has a clear bias towards shooters. There are workarounds for that, though.

throw(new Exception("trying too hard"));

Steroyd

Roat said:
So some of you guys are going to go out and spend money renting this so that your Gamerscore - a completely useless number - will go up a full THOUSAND points?

Do uh, people notice it? When you go online next does someone in your friends list say "Hey buddy, that Gamescore looks a little bigger, nice work! You must have worked hard for that!"

Just let it be, it's a phenomenon we mere mortals don't understand.

FoxSpirit

In wonder what the voice actors feel to be acting for such a bland game when you are used to voicing an awesome show. :-\

Aurora

Kweh said:
FFXI must be one of the only games that no one has the full 1000

Those achievements are insane.
Totally agreed. Absolutely ludicrous in my eyes. It would make so much more sense to get achievements for killing your first HNM, killing Kirin, beating Maat etc. but for having to reach Lv75 with every job? :lol

I knew a few JP friends that managed it, but that was on the PS2.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

dork

Banned
Greg said:
I'll give everyone 1000 points if they don't play the game.

:lol

I can't believe everyone is making a big deal about this. I don't buy games based on hard/easy achievements. So I don't see why this matters.

Kyoufu

Aurora said:
Totally agreed. Absolutely ludicrous in my eyes. It would make so much more sense to get achievements for killing your first HNM, killing Kirin, beating Maat etc. but for having to reach Lv75 with every job? :lol

I knew a few JP friends that managed it, but that was on the PS2.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

I raped all those FFXI achievements, but I was on PS2 also.

Just be glad they didn't give achievement for obtaining a level 5 relic, or a Nidhogg body abjuration (in my case, 3 body abjurations :p)

dork said:
:lol

I can't believe everyone is making a big deal about this. I don't buy games based on hard/easy achievements. So I don't see why this matters.

You don't but ever wonder why software sales are so high on 360? I wonder. I wonder how easy those achievements were in Tenchu Z.

CTLance said:
That one gets called in the idle loop (it's next to the forums[random(forum.getmax())].post(&scratchpad); invokation).
Or... wait, are you still using Gamer v1.0? Good lord, man, update that shit.
There's a whole lot of features in the newer versions you wouldn't want to miss, like the whole lolcat and meme generation libraries with close ties to the forum interface, increased DRM acceptance and stealthmods for fanboy subroutine calls. There's only a few flaws, the complain() function somehow gets called every time you initialize the forum interface, and the addtolibrary() method has a clear bias towards shooters. There are workarounds for that, though.

throw(new Exception("trying too hard"));

LOL, well played. :lol :lol :lol

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
CassSept said:
Haha, this is pinnacle of achievment development, nothing can beat it (unless they make game in which achievment is unlocked by pressing A):lol
Awesome, if i could i would definitely rent it:lol
The Simpsons Game has an achievement that is unlocked by pressing the start button at the title screen... :lol
deftangel said:
Madden NFL 06 says hi!

EDIT: Link;- http://www.achieve360points.com/game/maddennfl06/
Achievement 10;- Click the Right thumbstick for Gamerscore!
Getting the 30 years of Franchise achievement was a PITA, but hey, +400 points on my gamerscore, how could I say no? :D

nli10

ATF487 said:
i love the show, but damn the game looks awful

Indeed - Animation 'for kids' with a deep and interesting story. It's the Harry Potter of cartoons and when the movies hit will explode in a similar way.

-viper-

Banned
Exactly what is so good about Gamerscores?

WHAT DOES ONE ACHIEVE FROM GAMERSCORES? NOTHING

That picture posted sums it up completely. Pretty fucking sad when people go crazy over something sad like this.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
nli10 said:
Indeed - Animation 'for kids' with a deep and interesting story. It's the Harry Potter of cartoons and when the movies hit will explode in a similar way.
Isn't the movie being done by M. Night Shaymalan? Expect a twist ending that you'll see from a mile away...

Top Bottom