• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies @ E3 2017 Streaming Thread & Schedule

NimbusCub

Neo Member
My interpretation of that last part is that maybe the last image isn't harsh enough to qualify as a blizzard to you? Most people have guessed Blizzard.

If that's not Blizzard then I'm lost.

Oh no no no, I was simply finding it funny that people were focusing on small details in the photo and not on the fact that there's near-whiteout conditions going on.

If you guessed Blizzard, you're correct.

Nimbus

I don't want to be hurt again

please don't hurt me

I'd say just don't trust me then :) wouldn't want to potentially break what remnants of your heart Nintendo has left behind.

Oh no no no, I was simply finding it funny that people were focusing on small details in the photo and not on the fact that there's near-whiteout conditions going on.

If you guessed Blizzard, you're correct

Lol that's good. I'm super tired and just delirious now but I still can't sleep, so I'm probably overthinking all of this.

weekev

Banned
Wow just read the last 5 pages. Nimbus putting his GAF account on the line here. Bring me the hype. Overwatch, Marvel vs Capcom and 2 Metroid games...wow

NimbusCub

Neo Member
Wow just read the last 5 pages. Nimbus putting his GAF account on the line here. Bring me the hype. Overwatch, Marvel vs Capcom and 2 Metroid games...wow

I mean, in my defense, it wouldn't have been five pages if I'd picked an image of Hal Jordan that wasn't so tall...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Allies put every hope and dreams on Sony's shoulder. All the Capcom, Fromsoft, SE hope and dreams, a curse for the king.
So far the score pretty heavy skew towards comparison to last year and improvement.

Pretty much. Sony's show, when taken on its own, was pretty damn great. Nearly all of the games shown looked terrific (with a couple notable exceptions), the show had great pacing and virtually no talking, and almost everything shown is going to be out within the next 12 months, as near as I can tell. Those are the hallmarks of a really great showcase.

The problem is that Sony has been making impossible dreams come true the last couple of years and many of those super hype announcements still have yet to result in released games. Final Fantasy VII, Shenmue III, God of War, Days Gone, Spider-Man, Uncharted Lost Legacy, The Last of Us Part II, etc. So they're in a place right now where their conference kind of by necessity had to be about giving updates on major games that we've already heard of rather than dropping even more megatons. I'll be expecting a fresh batch of major new reveals at PSX and especially E3 2018 as this current crop of titles begins to finally make its way into the hands of the public. Because of that, you end up with a less "hype" conference this year. I've been kind of expecting this year to be a "let down" from Sony for a while now specifically for that reason.

Having said that, I am genuinely surprised there's been no sign of From Software all week.

Seiniyta

I can 100% say that Overwatch is NOT coming to the Nintendo Switch. So don't get your hopes up on that. So if there is a Blizzard thing, it's not Overwatch.

I don't think I'll be able to contain myself if we get two Metroid games at the same time
I can 100% say that Overwatch is NOT coming to the Nintendo Switch. So don't get your hopes up on that. So if there is a Blizzard thing, it's not Overwatch.
Diablo 3 on the Switch could be amazing.

LordZagry

Neo Member
My bet : Green Lantern is for Wonderful 101 (or 102 ?). You can keep only the head with the mask if you want to make the image shorter.

Nintendo just trademarked Wario Land from the Spotlight thread. The leaker said in here that the green lantern picture should be shorter...like Wario...

If theres a new Wario Land I'll flip out.

I need to go to sleep now. Hype is too hype.

JoeInky

2D Metroid on 3DS and 3D Metroid on Switch wouldn't surprise me at all.

They've mentioned working on both in the past, and I highly doubt FF was the 3D Metroid game, so now would be a good time to show them.

ZeoVGM

Banned
2D Metroid on 3DS and 3D Metroid on Switch wouldn't surprise me at all.

They've mentioned working on both in the past, and I highly doubt FF was the 3D Metroid game, so now would be a good time to show them.

I don't think they ever said this.

Hasney

giphy.gif

I see we've entered the silly phase of the Nintendo E3 speculation.

JoeInky

I don't think they ever said this.

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-is-planning-a-future-for-both-2d-and-3d-metroi-1590142491

Shinya Takahashi said:
So it has been a while since we released the last one and we're having discussions internally about what we can do next. So at this point we have two different types of Metroid games. We have the Prime style of Metroid game and we have the more traditional style of Metroid game. We feel that we do need to take care of both of these styles of play. And the hope is that at some point in the near future we'll be able to share something about them.

I guess they haven't actively said that they're definitely working on it, but I doubt they would have said this and had no intention of making a new game in either style. The article was 3 years ago, we've had nothing from retro in all that time, so the time could be right.

I'm not saying I expect it, I just wouldn't be surprised by it.

mcw

I see we've entered the silly phase of the Nintendo E3 speculation.

Finally!

Undoubtedly this is the time for Nintendo to unveil their "pro" console, the Super Switch. It will be a Switch with an accompanying helmet. The screen resolution remains the same, but your opinions are rendered in 4K.

Hasney

Finally!

Undoubtedly this is the time for Nintendo to unveil their "pro" console, the Super Switch. It will be a Switch with an accompanying helmet. The screen resolution remains the same, but your opinions are rendered in 4K.

Nah, this is Nintendo. The reason they're announced 2 Metroid games is that they're going to laser project one to each of your goddamn eyeballs!

Kicko

My bet : Green Lantern is for Wonderful 101 (or 102 ?). You can keep only the head with the mask if you want to make the image shorter.

That's as good as a guess as any. The characters in Wonderful 101 are like mini Green Lanterns. Maybe it goes deeper, meaning Hal Laboratories is responsible for the development of a Wonderful 101 sequel?

Also, I'm not sure Metroid fits the long dormant franchise description. When I think of that term, I think of Mother or Star Tropics. Games that were great but have a lot of untapped potential.

aadiboy

Finally!

Like Nintendo won't release the New Switch in approximately 3-4 years...

Sheroking

Well, it's been a couple years since Miyamoto said they wanted both 2D Metroid and Metroid Prime to continue. Retro being back on Metroid Prime wouldn't be completely out of left field - they were asked to choose between MP4 and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze in 2011. We've heard new IP, but we heard new IP in 2013 as well.

So I wouldn't be blown completely away if it happened, even if I think it's wise to not expect it to.

Pretty much. Sony's show, when taken on its own, was pretty damn great. Nearly all of the games shown looked terrific (with a couple notable exceptions), the show had great pacing and virtually no talking, and almost everything shown is going to be out within the next 12 months, as near as I can tell. Those are the hallmarks of a really great showcase.

The problem is that Sony has been making impossible dreams come true the last couple of years and many of those super hype announcements still have yet to result in released games. Final Fantasy VII, Shenmue III, God of War, Days Gone, Spider-Man, Uncharted Lost Legacy, The Last of Us Part II, etc. So they're in a place right now where their conference kind of by necessity had to be about giving updates on major games that we've already heard of rather than dropping even more megatons. I'll be expecting a fresh batch of major new reveals at PSX and especially E3 2018 as this current crop of titles begins to finally make its way into the hands of the public. Because of that, you end up with a less "hype" conference this year. I've been kind of expecting this year to be a "let down" from Sony for a while now specifically for that reason.

Having said that, I am genuinely surprised there's been no sign of From Software all week.

Yep.

I think on it's own they liked a lot of the individual things. And could feel the joy in the Colossus segment and Monster Hunter one, the two main fresh traditional reveals.

I'm deflating my hype for Nintendo after the lackluster showing yesterday and the the day before, this has not been a strong year for E3 and while I really hope Nintendo has something special I rather not be to hyped ahead of time only to be disappointed yet again.

Hasney

I'm deflating my hype for Nintendo after the lackluster showing yesterday and the the day before, this has not been a strong year for E3 and while I really hope Nintendo has something special I rather not be to hyped ahead of time only to be disappointed yet again.

Eh, I don't need megatons to enjoy E3. There's a metric fuckton of games shown that I'll be playing in the next 18 months, so I'm happy as Larry.

The stage is set for Nintendo to steal the show for once though... So you know we'll be looking at fireworks in Mario at the end.

Charamiwa

Banned
The problem with Sony and announcing games really early isn't that you may not be able to play them for a long time, but more that some of the excitement can really stagnate. Just look at Detroit, I don't think the trailer was bad, but it was very similar to last year and we know nothing more about the game. Not even a release date. It's stagnation.

It's not helped by the fact that their new format is really rigid. Trailer after trailer is cool but some games really need a sales pitch or at least a dev coming to talk about their vision. The one that was hurt the most by this format is Days Gone I think. The demo was much better than last year but we still have no context for all of this, just a vertical slice. A dev telling us how the quests or story work, how you travel, how the open world fits would really help to understand this game. Detroit was hurt by this rigid format too.

I think they need to shake things up next year, or at least dial back the game after game after game aspect. And maybe bring some smaller games too, Ni No Kuni 2 or Yakuza would have been a breath of fresh air in this conference.

Top Bottom