• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy/Reliable Way to get a PS5 (not at cost though)

Everyone should spend their money as they wish, but I won't play this sort of game. Plenty to play while I wait for reasonable price/availability. If I were an exceedingly rich man, I wouldn't pay that sort of premium.

Gamerguy84

Not sure about other countries but in the US therr are several methods. I've gotten them following different twitter accounts and a discord group.

There haven't been many drops the last couple months. When they occur the Hotstock app has been notifying me before Matt Swider or Jake Randall by up to a minute, which can and will make all the difference.

I turned all notifications to everything off as I'm not in the market anymore. Anyone who asks my help I show them how to do it and they ended up getting one. I helped A few people who couldn't grasp how to follow instructions though.

But yea Hotstock app works great (the free one).

fart town usa

Gold Member
Has to be a troll intending to make fun of newegg. No fucking way someone is dumb enough to do this.
Yes, because buying it for $700+ after going through the work of tracking one down and then driving potentially 20+ hours round trip is peak deal making. Or maybe I could buy it off eBay for the same price as I just did.
Don't meet your heroes.

I mean, sorry man. But you got ripped off here. $920 is $920 no matter if it's one, two or seventeen payments.
Good grief. "Don't meet your heroes." Maybe take it back a notch and read it as your posts were entertaining to me. Now I know not to give you any emotes on your posts. EVER AGAIN. And I'm not playing either. No likes, no strength, not even the occasional praise the sun. You Sir, get nothing. I on the other hand, just got a PS5 for $920.

It is what it is.

Robert Redford Nod GIF

Wait a minute, is it one of those bundle things where they throw in a TV, controllers etc?

No it's literally where you pay four easy payments which equals twice the value of the thing you bought.

Think rent-to-own scam level bullshit where people buy a $600 TV for $1200 because they can't be bothered to save $600.

fart town usa

Gold Member
PS5 arrived. Nice console, big as shit. Dualsense almost seems like a Wiimote type innovation based on the few minutes I spent in Astro's Playroom.

Elden ring looks great on it. Cool that they let you choose which version. I thought since I have a digital copy it might force me to play the PS5 version.

Will probably get Ghostwire as my first true PS5 game. Definitely gonna try out the PS5 version of Cyberpunk.

Most exciting thing is checking PSVR with it to see the boost in visuals for RE7 and Skyrim. Setup is nice and easy, I love the LAN connection for transferring data/games, so convenient.

In all seriousness though, if you're dying for a PS5, just get a Wii U instead. It has a great collection of games and the Wii U eShop is no joke. Shutting down soon unfortunately. So yea, just skip the PS5 and get the God-tier Wii U.

Last edited:
Top Bottom