• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EBGames Canada: get an xbox360 for as little as $100

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Went in today, traded in my haul, got $502 for my Xbox 360 preorder, "second shipment" whenever that is, but I don't mind so much.

One thing, though. He didn't give me the 31% on my PS2/Xbox/GCN games, so I think I was shorted ~$40 in credit. I didn't realize until I got home that this is the case. The mall is closed. If I call them up, would they be able to help me do this over the phone (ie, they have my info, could they put the credit on a game or something for me), or will I have to go in, or will nothing happen at all? I'd be less concerned if it weren't so much money, and if I get nothing, them's the breaks, but $40 is almost a whole game... Any advice, DrEvil?

Thanks, btw! :)

DrEvil

not a medical professional
did he give you 10 or 20 per game ps2/xbox/gcn game? if that's the case, you woudlnt get the 31 percent.. but if he only gave you standard trade values (like 5 bucks or whatever), then you should call that fucker up and arrange a time to fix the error.

-d

ocelittle

Banned
I cleaned out the Game Center (in Toronto) of all their cheap 1.00 - 2.00 games.

I've made over 300 dollars profit already.

This deal is the best thing ever. I'm about to trade in what looks to be my final haul.

10 SNES games, 2 N64 games, 3 GC games, 2 XBOX games.

Should get around 100 bucks which will put my total to 510-20 ish.

DrEvil

Luscious LeftFoot said:
Is deal only for pre-orders? Or can it be applied to games as well?

works for anything that hasnt come out yet, so yes, pre orders on systems or upcoming games only.. BUT, you can preorder say, a 360, and then later on.. remove the credit, and put it on an edge card, then apply it to anything in store.

ocelittle

Banned
BAD NEWS!
BAD NEWS!

AT THE EB I GO TO (Dufferin Mall in Toronto) SNES GAMES ARE RINGING IN AT 1.20!!!

I'm not sure if this is just a temp. screw up or if my exploiting them for over 400 bucks has changed the policy.

Now I've got 10 SNES games that I can't really do much with.

DREVIL, CAN YOU COMMENT?!?!?

DrEvil

ocelittle said:
BAD NEWS!
BAD NEWS!

AT THE EB I GO TO (Dufferin Mall in Toronto) SNES GAMES ARE RINGING IN AT 1.20!!!

I'm not sure if this is just a temp. screw up or if my exploiting them for over 400 bucks has changed the policy.

Now I've got 10 SNES games that I can't really do much with.

DREVIL, CAN YOU COMMENT?!?!?

Not sure, I work tomorrow, so I'll check if there's been any changes to the EBlines - if so, this will suck cuz I've got a shitload of ps1 games on the way in the mail, lol.

-d

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
As far as the $10/20, he did it right. Second shipment, whenever that is, no complaints from me, I won't be up there to get it until first weekend of December. No hassle, no questions, told me I was going to do alright with my trades, even with the massive pile of SHIT I had.

receipt.gif

DrEvil

Lambtron said:
As far as the $10/20, he did it right. Second shipment, whenever that is, no complaints from me, I won't be up there to get it until first weekend of December. No hassle, no questions, told me I was going to do alright with my trades, even with the massive pile of SHIT I had.

receipt.gif

LoL nice, and you got a buck back too.
I just called my store, ps1 games still trade for the minimum of five...
I HAVE seen however, that very few games in the 'minimum' bracket, still have shitty tradein prices... like one or two ps1 games i've seen still go for a buck or so, even tho the rest are five.

so its VERY possible that your snes games were in that small few, but who knows, maybe they're on to you and just gave you bs prices.

edit: I just found out i get to do the early opening for the 360... 6:30am 11/22

the first 20 preorders get to sit with me and my manager for fifteen minutes as we help them pick out accessories and stuff for their 360s, so that should be fun.

edit 2: if any mods are reading, can I have a title like "Corporate Conman" or something?

-d

ocelittle

Banned
Yo
The SNES games I was trading were ones that I have traded many times before (NHL Stanley Cup and NHLPA)...so that's not it

JUST BUMPIN'!

DrEvil

actually, my shift got cancelled for tonite, lol, they double booked; so I wont be able to check until thursday, heh.

try calling another eb in the city and ask what you'd get for your snes games, i honestly believe they were just BSing you becuase you've traded in so many already.

-d

ocelittle

Banned
But it rang up as 1.20. I always watch the screen as they put in the numbers.

And it wasn't teh same guy working, he actually called his boss (who is one of the guys I usually go to, who asked if it was me, and it was) to make sure they even still took SNES games.

ocelittle

Banned
I just called an EB back home in Calgary and asked about Madden 93, and he rang it up as 4 bucks...
Hmm...something is fishy here.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
terrygolder said:
you traded in xcom?!!!
I paid one dollar for it. It only had the back part of the case. It was a former rental, and it was in very poor condition, and I didn't want to go through the hassle. Don't care enough.

I traded in a couple other "rare" games, one in particular that was all sticky and ruined from a can of coke getting spilled on it one night. I wasn't going to sell them in shitty condition to someone else. Whatevs.

ocelittle

Banned
Took them in, tlaked to the manager and he said it's cool but only if I don't bring in duplicates :lol .

So I immediately pulled the second copy of NHLPA '93 out of the pack, and he wouldn't accept Super Scope 6 without the gun.

Anyway, I pushed the total to 520, so I put 20 bucks towards PD:Z: LE.

I feel giddy as a school girl.

DREVIL, QUICK QUESTION.
Is it possible to transfer credit from one store to another if I can find a first shipment pre-order?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Okay, I guess I have 5 days left to do this. I've tried old video stores, pawnshops (booo), etc and *cannot* find a place in Winnipeg that sells old PS1 games for a buck or 2. Anybody have any suggestions where I can find these games?

If I found out about this earlier I would have purchased off eBay, but 2 weeks lead time wouldn't have been enough time for the games to get here (especially if coming from the states).

J2 Cool

Doo doo dooo doo Metal Gear Solid *toss in bag* doo doo doo do dooooo doo Final Fantasy VII *toss* doo do do do doooo Resident Evil *toss* do dooo dooo doo Silent Hill *toss* do doo doo doo..... What the fuck am I doing!???? Seriously, I don't have enough shitty games.... But maybe the flea market does!

rastex

Banned
You don't have to use PS1 and SNES games. Current generation titles will give you a minimum of $10 or $20 depending on the title. Yes, I actually traded in Madden 2001 for the PS2 and got $10 trade in credit for it! Unfortunately I was in a rush, so I bought the title for $5 from Blockbuster. But if you have more time and are more resourceful, I'm sure you can find current generation titles for extremely cheap, and will get just as good or better margin.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
rastex said:
You don't have to use PS1 and SNES games. Current generation titles will give you a minimum of $10 or $20 depending on the title. Yes, I actually traded in Madden 2001 for the PS2 and got $10 trade in credit for it! Unfortunately I was in a rush, so I bought the title for $5 from Blockbuster. But if you have more time and are more resourceful, I'm sure you can find current generation titles for extremely cheap, and will get just as good or better margin.

Your Blockbuster sells games for under 10 bucks???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

ocelittle

Banned
Say whaat?

Buddy of mine and I went in the other night to take in games...he had 5 Xbox games (Crimson Skies, Halo, Amped, and tow others) and in total they wer egoing to give him 19 dollars!!!
And then when they found out that it was going towards the X360, they said "Ok, 24..." with the 31%...

where does that 10 dollar thing come in?

rastex

Banned
Oman:
I think every Blockbuster does. They've always had used/previously played games for really cheap.

Ocelittle:
At first they tried to give me the 31% deal, but then I asked if they had a minimum pricing thing, the guy had to look in some binder thing and goes "Yup, you're right!" The whole time he was like "this is a crazy deal..." as he rung in 34 of my games BOOYA!

Top Bottom